• Lyon

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Napoli

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Tottenham Hotspur

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

i_bleed_blaugrana

Tough decision for me personally between Spurs and Chelsea but due to Chelsea's transfer ban, I'd say a Mourinho-lead Spurs who have a lot of talent are scarier to me. However, Chelsea's performance against City is why I am concerned with them as well.

Overall, Lyon or Atalanta would be the best for us but I have a feeling we will get one of Chelsea, Napoli or Spurs.

Alik

I want to avoid Chelsea the most because we've played them so often before and because they are the hardest fixture.

Centauri B

Chelsea and Spurs are the strongest of the 5, I fear Spurs the most since they have match winners in their team. Kane, Son etc.

Sailor Mars

The defeatism on this forum is vomit-inducing.

There's good reason for all the defeatism you see on this forum. In the past 2 years, Barcelona has been at the wrong end of arguably 2 of the 5 biggest comebacks in Champions League history (others would be 2004 Milan-Deportivo, 2005 Milan-Liverpool, and 2017 PSG-Barcelona.)

But if Milan recovered and won the CL in 2007 after back to back choke jobs, Barca could get there too.

Andrew M

There's good reason for all the defeatism you see on this forum. In the past 2 years, Barcelona has been at the wrong end of arguably 2 of the 5 biggest comebacks in Champions League history (others would be 2004 Milan-Deportivo, 2005 Milan-Liverpool, and 2017 PSG-Barcelona.)

But if Milan recovered and won the CL in 2007 after back to back choke jobs, Barca could get there too.

How did Milan choke in 2006?

Sailor Mars

How did Milan choke in 2006?

They choked in 2004 and 2005. But they were good in 2006 and a tough matchup for Barca in the semifinals. And then they won in 2007.

What I'm trying to get at is that we already have precedent of a team being able to recover from devastating losses, and Barca can still win the CL, whether this year or the next, with this squad.

Centauri B

Chokes here, chokes there, chokes everywhere.

By most football fans logic, all teams in Europe "choke" every single season except the one that wins the CL. Sure our last two eliminations in the CL were nigh surreal, but shit happens. We are still an awesome team that nobody wants to face and everyone prays loses. This year, we are also improved with FDJ & Grease! We also have a powerful bench, which was not the case even in our glorious Treble winning seasons.

serghei

Any team we can draw should be dealt with without too many problems. That being said, Tottenham would be a more difficult task than other teams.

KingLeo10

Chokes here, chokes there, chokes everywhere.

By most football fans logic, all teams in Europe "choke" every single season except the one that wins the CL. Sure our last two eliminations in the CL were nigh surreal, but shit happens. We are still an awesome team that nobody wants to face and everyone prays loses. This year, we are also improved with FDJ & Grease! We also have a powerful bench, which was not the case even in our glorious Treble winning seasons.

I hope you mean 14/15. Because 08/09 was the deepest Barca squad of all time. An absolute juggernaut from top to bottom that mauled Europe (6-2 Madrid, 2-0 Madrid, 4-0 Bayern, 2-0 CR7/SAF's United).

bismp

I hope you mean 14/15. Because 08/09 was the deepest Barca squad of all time. An absolute juggernaut from top to bottom that mauled Europe (6-2 Madrid, 2-0 Madrid, 4-0 Bayern, 2-0 CR7/SAF's United).

Well,14/15 was perhaps the most dominant we've ever been,without having a great bench(although we did have Pedro,Xavi,Rafinha etc)

We beat ManCity,PSG,Bayern,Juventus,Atletico and Real in our way to win every title.

If anything,our bench in 10/11(which is considered to be our best season ever despite winning "only" the CL and La Liga) seems quite thin in retrospect.I mean Keita was a good sub,but other than that?Jeffren and Bojan were really mediocre for Barca standards.Our next year's(11/12) bench was theoretically MUCH better(with the addition of Alexis and Fabregas),but we only won the CdR.If anything,this shows that team chemistry,the coaching and injuries play a MAJOR role in team success.

Also let's not forget 16/17 when people were saying that we had the deepest squad ever at the beginning of the season,and once again we only won the CdR.

And let's not even mention 07/08 :lol:

raedkuwait

i want to avoid lyon, give us a tough team now so we know how we will do , and another thing
there is now way in hell i mean 0% chance that we will win CL with this Shitverde as our coach
and the core of our players shaking and Crumbling once they go a goal down.

Home of Barca Fans