Video Documentary Matchday

devo901

Havent found any thread for this ...

I watched the documentry (it is free!!) on https://www.rakuten.tv and I have to say: it is good. Not super good but good.
You do not get any secrets, as it is stripped off of all specific tactics or super personel stuff, and everything is focusing on the bright sides of the club, however it covers the surface and shows player's lives a bit.

Sometimes you hear in the locker room that was news to me... eg. all the swearing that for example D. Costa throws at Messi when he is taking a freekick (Suarez talks about that) ... plays into what I already thought of this Diego chump.

So far (part 1-5) Valverde is shown as an OK-guy, who knows how to get along with the players despite a bit knotty. An average chap not aggro, a bit introverted, lacking a bit of inner strenght to be leader in tricky situations and he is not charismatic. So nothing new :)

Highly reccomend it for any Barca Fans (6th part reflects the Liverpool defeat, but I havent seen that yet only some cut scenes. )

Andresito

Staff member
What baffled me the most is that Valverde actually has tactical talks before the games. Who would've thought.

Anfield episode was tough to watch and could have been shorter, it's painful to watch the anticipation leading to the game while knowing how it's going to end.

devo901

What baffled me the most is that Valverde actually has tactical talks before the games. Who would've thought.
;)
Dont forget it is a full season they shadowed everyone :lol: so those 2 tactical sentences ("You hold position!" "Play faster!") might be an exception. But, I didnot hear the infamous tactical masterpiece "Give the ball to Messi" yet. Must have been developed later in the series.

and could have been shorter, ....
yes, overall they have some filler and glory stuff packed in lenghthning - but maybe this is to build up more relationship ;-) e.g. when I witness what terStegen says in the car, to his wife about the brocooli pot of yesterday ... :lol:

Also interesting when Pique talked about LaMasia saying "excellet education, even if you do not make it into the squad, you are a better person". So seems like they are focusing also on the character, which can be seen by almost all players - none of them appear to have obvious moral issues (anti-team).

serghei

So far (part 1-5) Valverde is shown as an OK-guy, who knows how to get along with the players despite a bit knotty. An average chap not aggro, a bit introverted, lacking a bit of inner strenght to be leader in tricky situations and he is not charismatic. So nothing new :)

So, you're telling me we had his personality figured out to a T? Nice, quiet guy who lacks the boldness and the cutting edge to lead this team to great heights?

Andrew M

I wouldn't read too much into his personality as a reason for his shortcomings as a Barca coach. Everyone is different

Potroh

Nice, quiet guy who lacks the boldness and the cutting edge to lead this team to great heights?

And not only that, eventually.
Anyone who attended several tactical briefings in his life knows - when listening to this movie - that EV - even in the most crucial moments - tells stuff, being tactical orders, that are the simplest, the most simplified and the most stupid things that probably one can hear in a green-room.

I personally never heard such an oversimplified tactical approach, which is not even tactical in its nature, it's more or less nothing else but telling directions to go or pass, without the actual tactical context.

What is even more shocking is the few sentences of S.Roberto in the 1st part, when he bitingly says "talking about tactics for half an hour? It's boring..."
Incredible, and forgive me saying but after the movie my opinion of EV is at least 200% worse than it used to be.

Alik

Just started watching it now. I didn't realize that Suárez scored 1 goal when his first child was born, 2 when his second was born and 3 on his third :lol:

Cool to see Messi and Suarez's friendship and their, as well as Pique's, family life.

devo901

Just started watching it now. I didn't realize that Suárez scored 1 goal when his first child was born, 2 when his second was born and 3 on his third :lol:
lets hope Suarez had successful sex on the 18th March this year ;-)

So, you're telling me we had his personality figured out to a T?
IDK, what WE collectively knew/thought.
Knowing the real,true personality from a brushed documentary always difficult, they make him look defenitly better, but nothing I saw, was a complete surprise, direction wise, ...

Nice, quiet guy who lacks the boldness and the cutting edge to lead this team to great heights?
yes, excactly, something like that is the picture I perceived in part 1-5. maybe completely off going through 2 error prone filters (1.documentary 2. me)

devo901

And not only that, eventually.
Incredible, and forgive me saying but after the movie my opinion of EV is at least 200% worse than it used to be.
well, on the other hand - there was once a clip of zidane in the locker room talking to the team in Htime. the complexity of his talk was also very low.

communicationwise this makes sense: a room full of tired, frustrated men, you can not start developing complex new behavioural patterns, this should have been done in training through 1000x routines. All you can do is remember and trigger those programs - that is what he is doing. ("pass faster").
plus their mental attention span is not high at HT, so at max. 2-3 "orders", everything else would be an overload.... and a lot reconfirming/boosting inner believe in their own strenght.

I would love to know how Mouriho communicates to the team or others trainers ... but I think it might also go in this direction ... klopp once said that he would be shocked/furious if such a video of him, like the zidane one, would appear on the internet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ol-if-the-club-released-dressing-room-footage

Home of Barca Fans