Lliga | Round 16: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 2-2

eaman

We need a goal and his subs are vidal alena and semedo:lol: oh valverde:facepalm:

Yes and I can understand why he brought on two midfielders to try and get a goal. We already have 3 top strikers on the pitch but we needed more control in midfield to be able to supply those strikers

JohnN

Even with all our problems we have a deadly frontline. We should not waste them with a midfield that cannot control the game. Messi, Griezmann and Suarez didn't get enough of the ball this game. Messi was out of the game for most of the time and not on his best night. Still made a really nice effort for the second goal. But he needs to be more involved to get his mojo going.
EV needs to stop trying to please the senior players with undeserved game time and find a way to play away from Camp Nou. Right now, he seems to be going back to last years first eleven and this will be our downfall, especially in CL.
The team really hurts at building from the back against a high pressing opponent. We seem to not know a way to do it. In the last game, Messi didn't drop back to help with this and the result was really bad. But we have people criticising him for dropping deap. If the game demands it, he should do it in my opinion.

LMTR14

Didn't watch the end of the game so I missed Pique penalty situation, did the VAR even check that? What is even the point of that thing if it's gonna be used selectively?

and people naively believed football would get fairer with var... :lol:

as to your question: €€€. whenever there's some bullshit thing in the world you can't make heads or tails of cause it's so insane and nonsensical, somebody is making a lot of money off it. that is the way the world works.

Last edited:

LMTR14

Soft penalty given imo, those kind of pulls happen in great number in any match and the pull was reciprocal.
But those do not excuse the small team mentality and the way they play especially when pressured.

even after seeing it 5 times, I still had no clue why there was a penalty. well I didn't expect us to win there anyway

Vilarrubi

Soft penalty given imo, those kind of pulls happen in great number in any match and the pull was reciprocal.
But those do not excuse the small team mentality and the way they play especially when pressured.

Commentator said it was the only the 2nd time one had been given for a shirt pull this season. Shows how rare it is. Imo the ref was adamant it was a penalty, like he’d made up his mind before. There was minimal VAR check.

Another day I believe both shirt pulls don’t get given as a pen and the match ends 2-1 to us.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't know why but VAR not being checked in the last second of the game makes me believe the VAR guys had already shut off the monitors.

"Alright muchachos nothing's going to happen the last few minutes, let's pack up and ándale outta here"

FC B

Commentator said it was the only the 2nd time one had been given for a shirt pull this season. Shows how rare it is. Imo the ref was adamant it was a penalty, like he’d made up his mind before. There was minimal VAR check.

Another day I believe both shirt pulls don’t get given as a pen and the match ends 2-1 to us.

Looks to me like intentional "mistakes" from the ref and reminds me of the 2012 and 2017 LL seasons.

FC B

True... 2017 all over again. As soon as RM is close ref start to pull Barça behind and push RM forward.

I really hope that it won't be the case till the end of the season or even doing it again in CL, I fear rm showed glimpses of adapting to VAR system already with what the ref Dias did in rm-psg, it looked so Madridesque...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans