Lliga | Round 16: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 2-2

fergus90

At 2-1 had a couple chances to kill the game. Then barca shat their pants and were awful for a good 20 minutes.

devo901

their penalty is rarely given, easy to spot, not super clever by busi, but OK it was given ....
Pique was clearly brought down, but it was hard to see, I wonder why the VAR did not intervene...

overall the ref was defenetly NOT on our side...

they had chances galore...
Messi was not overwhelming but FDJ, Griez was good...

Last edited:

Iarwain

Didn't watch the end of the game so I missed Pique penalty situation, did the VAR even check that? What is even the point of that thing if it's gonna be used selectively?

Gari

elwydxmxkaej9ml.jpg
elwyebawwaufyga.jpg
Valverde: "If I say we deserved a penalty and La Real didn't, I'm quite sure their coach would say the opposite.""The game has been very intense, hard, difficult... It was hard for us to overcome their pressure and they hurt us when they had the ball. Little by little, we got better."

Last edited:

FC B

Soft penalty given imo, those kind of pulls happen in great number in any match and the pull was reciprocal.
But those do not excuse the small team mentality and the way they play especially when pressured.

serghei

Has Valverde's Barcelona ever played well, results aside, whenever they were pressured? :lol: No. Why start now? We usually smash teams who play near our rhythm and with our intensity or not much better, and flatter to deceive we can do better next time against more aggressive teams. But when those games come and the opponent is not Madrid, we are shit. Because the manager is shit.

Kul_z

Fuck me. I was watching in awe, it was about goddamn time we produced another shitshow masterclass. Back to the basics boys, bumpy ride still has some fuel, buckle up!

FCBfan22

View attachment 8648
View attachment 8649
Valverde: "If I say we deserved a penalty and La Real didn't, I'm quite sure their coach would say the opposite.""The game has been very intense, hard, difficult... It was hard for us to overcome their pressure and they hurt us when they had the ball. Little by little, we got better."

I wouldn't be too surprised if Valverde's tactical preparation for a match is sticking needles into opponent's coach Voodoo Doll and expects him to do the same, since he uses "suffer" and "hurt" so much.

devo901

https://youtu.be/TQkmnbhuS5Q?t=463

Jordi Alba anticipated the ball might go through - and moved to the 2nd pole .... but instead it gets deflected from Mats to a completely free unmarked player who converted the easy rebound. 3 guys in the box but he was unchallanged...

So:
Pique, covering the 1st pole (probably standard tactic)
FDJ, 2 meters behind the Real striker - coming late
Was that positioning, movement of Alba - OK? Or should he moved to the striker instead?

eaman

Why would anyone think it would not be a hard game away to sociedad especially how they are playing this season. A draw is actually a decent result. But with a few tweaks like alena starting we could have played better

Home of Barca Fans