I have a simple question regarding language at Barca Club...

devo901

Are any barca player speaking Catalan? (edit: not Basque!!) Or is everyone speaking Spanish?

What role does Catalan (not Basque!!) play at Barca?

Thanks

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Plays pretty much no role to be honest. I think only Valverde speaks Basque if we're talking about the 1st team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not many details to your question so difficult to guess what you are searching for. Is the Basque language forbidden? Are there players in the 1st team who speak it or even at all in the cantera or among coaching staff or employees?

Otherwise it's an odd line of questioning about a Catalan club, might as well pose that to Athletic about Catalan etc

devo901

Not many details to your question so difficult to guess what you are searching for. Is the Basque language forbidden? Are there players in the 1st team who speak it or even at all in the cantera or among coaching staff or employees?

Otherwise it's an odd line of questioning about a Catalan club, might as well pose that to Athletic about Catalan etc

I am only curious not speaking any of those 2 spanish/basque .... Why do you think it is an odd question?

Andrew M

I am only curious not speaking any of those 2 spanish/basque .... Why do you think it is an odd question?

I've been to both Catalunya and the Basque country and it is a bit of an odd question. It would be like asking if Welsh was spoken in Scotland.

devo901

my BAD I thought of catalan and wrote basque!!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
Apologies - now it is clear why everyone thinks this question is awkward.... I am very sorry for the confusion...

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
You should watch the Matchday documentary that came out recently.
Catalans speak Catalan with each other, castellano with the rest.

Home of Barca Fans