CL | Round 6: Inter Milan - FC Barcelona 1-2

JohnN

About some of our younger players:

- Alena was good in the first half but not good in the second. He was by no means bad enough to be benched for half a season though.

- Todibo has a great future in my opinion and should have already gotten more minutes.

- Perez looks like a good rotation / squad player to have.

- Wague doesn't look like a future Barca starter at this point. He is still young though.

- Firpo is really not suitable for Barca's level, not even as a sub.

- Neto was good and saved our asses a couple of times.

- Fati is 17 and just scored a CL goal away from home against Inter, so he has something going for him!

- FDJ is world class. This is common knowledge.

About some of our Seniors:

- Vidal is frustrating to watch in Barca colors. Literally frustrating. Why did he even feature in this match?

- Lenglet is too soft when claiming the ball and too casual in possession sometimes.

- Umtiti seems kind of unstable still at some occasions.

- Rakitic should stay away from pressing teams. He is a liability and puts everyone in danger with his passes. His shooting was way off today too.

- Did I say Vidal is frustrating?

- Griezmann was again average, but did have a couple of good moments, one of which resulted in the first goal.

- Suarez is great at those 1-2s with Messi and now he did it with Fati too! He should have passed on the break though instead of going solo.

All in all, we gave Inter a decent chance at this game while not bending over for them, even though we fielded a Barca b kind of team.

devo901

Why are people bashing Serie A? A few seasons ago Juve dumped us out of the cl.

Inter gave us hell at Camp Nou.... and alot of people seemed to have forgotten the Roma game.

Italian teams know EXACTLY, how to play against Barca: over-agressive attacking the ball possessor, lot of rough chopping, ellbowing for 94minutes, jumping on Messi with 2+ players, all that shocks/paralizes the whole team. They do not try to play better football - they try to distroy our artists/players.

This is why they bought Vidal after Roma game. Madrid (Pepe, Casimiro, Rambo Ramos, knows this for a long time)

Who in barca is a tough guy/roughneck? They are all nice loveable guys! Even borderline lunatics like Vidal and "always a bit hungry"-Suarez mellowed in the Barca-family. ... in some games this hit us hard.

raedkuwait

The stakes in this game were very low. No pressure.

yup, and our A team all of them can handle all the pressure, and dont cry at half time hhhhh
man our A team players are all punch of luxury minded guys that crumble like butter cookies
under pressure.

BBZ8800

Italian teams know EXACTLY, how to play against Barca: over-agressive attacking the ball possessor, lot of rough chopping, ellbowing for 94minutes, jumping on Messi with 2+ players, all that shocks/paralizes the whole team. They do not try to play better football - they try to distroy our artists/players.

This is why they bought Vidal after Roma game. Madrid (Pepe, Casimiro, Rambo Ramos, knows this for a long time)

Who in barca is a tough guy/roughneck? They are all nice loveable guys! Even borderline lunatics like Vidal and "always a bit hungry"-Suarez mellowed in the Barca-family. ... in some games this hit us hard.

I am saying for years that we need more aggression and leaders.
Some people agree, majority reply with: but we didn't have aggressive players with Xavi-Iniesta and we won:rolleyes: and some want to go full on light players/technique.

Well, yes, if you have technically by far the best team ever, you have some chances to win INSPITE having "a good guy" team.
We didn't win BECAUSE our "good guys". We won INSPITE of having them.

Today when we aren't technically superior as under Pep (which will never be again), we will need a few warriors to fight on nights like on Anfield/Rome and similar.
This is why I like to post this video about one starter from our CL winning season pre-Pep and almost pre-Messi:

mark-van-bommel-of-barcelona-jumps-for-the-ball-between-malaga-the-picture-id56017264

You need some of those in a modern football, especially in KO matches.

Last edited:

devo901

because our B team beat luckily the Nr1 of Serie A once .... it is unfair, unjustified, unlogic and dumb to draw conclusions about the whole serie A.

Levante won against Barca, Barca won against Inter: so that makes nr12 of laliga top of Inter and Juve and ...
:facepalm:

nooooooo - dreamers...

devo901

I am saying for years that we need more aggression and leaders.

You need some of those in a modern football, especially in KO matches.

Yup, could not agreee more.

I dont want players of the likes of bommel, kahn, materrazi,pepe, who overdosed their hormons, which is why I am a bara fan and not watching the scotish roughnecks legue. However, those teams are big problems for barca.

I hope this bad sportsmanship/lumberjacks are a bit under control with VAR.

Remember 2010 Spain vs. Netherlands? distroying technical teams... almost worked.

mc_lovin

I dont think too many people here object physical players/leaders. But realistically we have 2 positions where we can and probably should find players like that: 1CB+1 midfield spot. Thats precisely why I hoped for De Ligt and a physical DM.

Other than that just putting 2 Van Bommels into midfield wont help us at all when we have twice the player in De Jong/Arthur/Rakitic etc.

Centauri B

heheh mmmmmmmm, short memory 3-0 vs rome, we scored 5 goals at there ground remember

In matter of fact, my memory is extremely long. I remember all those times we crushed Italian side after Italian side, brushing them aside like leaves. Same we do with EPL sides as well. From time-to-time, lesser teams get lucky and beat us, as happens with the Sociedads and Levantes domestically.

Thanx very much for providing me with the opportunity to clarify my comment.

Centauri B

because our B team beat luckily the Nr1 of Serie A once .... it is unfair, unjustified, unlogic and dumb to draw conclusions about the whole serie A.

Levante won against Barca, Barca won against Inter: so that makes nr12 of laliga top of Inter and Juve and ...
:facepalm:

nooooooo - dreamers...

One game does not mean very much, that is absolutely true, but it works the other way round as well. Sometimes we lose through (partly) bad luck, but still the world laughs at us. We should be reserving the same right. Don't you agree?

But more seriously, too often Premfaces, Calcionistas and Bundesligers try to belittle our team and even Messi by deploying the stereotypical anti-LL arguments. All this despite the fact the LL has been the best league in the world for more years than any other league, and has been so in the past decade or so. We should be ruthless when dealing with pesky idiots of any stripe. Wouldn't you agree?

Home of Barca Fans