Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 15

Saturday, December 7, 21:00CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
Ss21P4CUmigjrEtcoapjVg_96x96.png

soul24rage

One thing I don't understand is why is this game not on a Friday, since we have a CL game on Tuesday.

I know we're already through to the knockout stage as group winners so this upcoming Inter game has no significance to us, but it still confuses me as we had no midweek games.

I hope we get to play La Liga games on Friday when we have CL knockout games on Tuesday.

Sailor Mars

One thing I don't understand is why is this game not on a Friday, since we have a CL game on Tuesday.

I know we're already through to the knockout stage as group winners so this upcoming Inter game has no significance to us, but it still confuses me as we had no midweek games.

I hope we get to play La Liga games on Friday when we have CL knockout games on Tuesday.

Maybe its to do with the TV partners of La Liga? Guessing they prefer Madrid and Barca to play on the weekends when there are more viewers watching.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mats
Wague-Todibo-Umtiti-Firpo
Alena-Frenkie-Arthur
Messi-Suarez-Griezmann
Hopefully Fati & Perez get a good chunk of minutes too

Sorin

Mats
Alena-Frenkie-Arthur
Messi-Suarez-Griezmann

Came here to suggest something similar but a bit different. Something like:

Stegen
Roberto Todibo Lenglet/Umtiti Firpo
Arthur Frenkie Alena
Griezmann Messi Fati

If it doesn't work, even if we play against a lower half team because Valverde doesn't coach worth a shit, we can always change at half time with Suarez, Vidal etc.

These are the games when you can rotate a little and give valuable minutes to some youngsters or lesser used players and rest the most used ones.

Andresito

Staff member
Came here to suggest something similar but a bit different. Something like:

Stegen
Roberto Todibo Lenglet/Umtiti Firpo
Arthur Frenkie Alena
Griezmann Messi Fati

If it doesn't work, even if we play against a lower half team because Valverde doesn't coach worth a shit, we can always change at half time with Suarez, Vidal etc.

These are the games when you can rotate a little and give valuable minutes to some youngsters or lesser used players and rest the most used ones.

Mats
Alena-Frenkie-Arthur
Messi-Suarez-Griezmann

How come you guys want to rotate now? The players have rested for a week and it will be another week before we play an important game.
Resting tomorrow either means some starters play three tough games in a row (Inter, Sociedad, Madrid), or come into the Sociedad game without playing for 2 weeks.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Sorin

How come you guys want to rotate now? The players have rested for a week and it will be another week before we play an important game.
Resting tomorrow either means some starters play three tough games in a row (Inter, Sociedad, Madrid), or come into the Sociedad game without playing for 2 weeks.

Well, I don't want to see new players specifically for resting other players, I want to see more unused players have a chance against a lower level LA Liga team where the result won't be that hard to achieve. When will these younger players have a chance to contribute if not for matches like these? The first copa games against a segunda B side?

I get what you are saying but as you can see, it's not like I want the whole team to be on the bench. Only the older ones like Suarez, Busquets or the ones with a knock in a previous match like Pique. The others are pretty much the same.

Another reason for why I want to see other players get a chance and would be glad if I ses them in the near future games as well is because at the business end of the season, if God forbids some players from the first 11 go down, you'll then have some unexperienced players thrown out there at the wolves and then we'll bitch how he won't make the difference that we desire. Like what happened with Malcom last year.

Also doesn't mean the likes of Suarez or Busquets can't get half an hour in the second half.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Wague needs to be worked into the squad in the event he is needed when it matters most, there's no light switch for performing under any coach much less Valverde. Todibo needs to provide rest if not ensure maximum transfer value should the rumours of his pending sale be true

The only other question mark is really Alena. Against an opponent that shouldn't pose a problem, you have to provide Busquets rest which combined with Rakitic not needing minutes in the bigger picture, Alena makes sense to play as an 8 with Frenkie commanding things from the Busquets position

And eventhough rest is always important for players like Messi & Suarez in their age, I also think that chemistry with Griezmann needs as many minutes as possible. Hence, there's no question they play together. In Milan however, I would not play them more than a half and let Fati & Perez play since away form is notoriously weaker + the risk of injuries

Andresito

Staff member
Well, I don't want to see new players specifically for resting other players, I want to see more unused players have a chance against a lower level LA Liga team where the result won't be that hard to achieve. When will these younger players have a chance to contribute if not for matches like these? The first copa games against a segunda B side?

I get what you are saying but as you can see, it's not like I want the whole team to be on the bench. Only the older ones like Suarez, Busquets or the ones with a knock in a previous match like Pique. The others are pretty much the same.

Another reason for why I want to see other players get a chance and would be glad if I ses them in the near future games as well is because at the business end of the season, if God forbids some players from the first 11 go down, you'll then have some unexperienced players thrown out there at the wolves and then we'll bitch how he won't make the difference that we desire. Like what happened with Malcom last year.

Also doesn't mean the likes of Suarez or Busquets can't get half an hour in the second half.

Wague needs to be worked into the squad in the event he is needed when it matters most, there's no light switch for performing under any coach much less Valverde. Todibo needs to provide rest if not ensure maximum transfer value should the rumours of his pending sale be true

The only other question mark is really Alena. Against an opponent that shouldn't pose a problem, you have to provide Busquets rest which combined with Rakitic not needing minutes in the bigger picture, Alena makes sense to play as an 8 with Frenkie commanding things from the Busquets position

And eventhough rest is always important for players like Messi & Suarez in their age, I also think that chemistry with Griezmann needs as many minutes as possible. Hence, there's no question they play together. In Milan however, I would not play them more than a half and let Fati & Perez play since away form is notoriously weaker + the risk of injuries

I see your points and agree with you.

But don't forget we play against Inter midweek.
It's basically a perfect game for our reserves/talents to show their worth with a safety net of us already qualified as group winners.

This is against an opponent who will do everything to win.
Motivation isn't going to be an issue for our players even if there's 0 to play for, it might even be better with the bench players showing off for Valverde, rather than our stars trying to avoid injury.

Kul_z

A must win game. Dont want to see some unusal fuck up after those 3 points picked from atletico.

Home of Barca Fans