Lliga | Round 14: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-1

KingLeo10

As much as I dislike Rakitic's current version (I liked him in 14/15), he has more to offer athletically than Busquets at DM. This is probably our best midfield or on par with Vidal - Arthur - DJ Frenkie.

cro-man

Rakitic:lol::banghead: If this guy does deserve to start our current midfield squad must be awfully bad that this guy can still start after those awfull years.

gregorrin10

Been wanting to see this midfield three for a while, hope they impress

Yes, but only under the condition that Rakitic is hopefully playing in CDM, not De Jong. Then this midfield could do some serious damage. Thank fuck Arthur is finally there too. As for Rakitic, the few good games he has had in the last 3 years, have come from when he was playing CDM instead of Busquets, while De Jong is obviously 100x times more creative and thus more suitable and dangerous when playing closer to the opponents's goal, while Rakitic the one decent job, he can still actually do, is make simple short passes in front to the two CMs, while he doesn't have the skill or the vision to play more complicated, deep, longer passes into space to our attackers, so it's pretty much a given on who to play where out of these two, or at least it should be, but it is Retardo after all...

As for Atletico's lineup, just seen on flash score, Lodi on the bench, and just 3 defenders, wtf??? Was it a mistake maybe? Or is Lodi injured and not ready for the whole 90 minutes? There was no report on him not being fit though. Even so, I would still expect him to start and play for as long as he can, but no. I'm thinking Saul is gonna play LB then, he's basically the only one semi-viable option out of the midfielders, since i've seen him play LB for Atletico before. But then their midfield is gonna lose a lot of creativity, even though Herrera is there alongside Koke, but I'm guessing he and Thomas are gonna be mostly dealing with defending, in particular man marking Messi, especially Thomas. Hmmm, wait Now i'm thinking maybe Thomas is gonna play LB and be assigned to pretty much just man marking Messi the whole game, while Saul gets to be in the middle with Koke. While Felix, Correa and Morata gonna be in charge of attacking, gotta keep an eye on Felix especially, on him on his own, and on his distribution to Morata up top.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Roberto? WTF?! Isn't there someone else that could be starting? Anyone else?

Wague? He's basically the only one, since both Alba and Semedo are out, and we all know that was never gonna happen with Valverde. Even Semedo doesn't get in front of Roberto sometimes, what made you think Wague, who played all of 90 minutes this season, would? Just hoping Felix doesn't play LM, or Roberto's gonna get destroyed down that right side.

gregorrin10

As much as I dislike Rakitic's current version (I liked him in 14/15), he has more to offer athletically than Busquets at DM. This is probably our best midfield or on par with Vidal - Arthur - DJ Frenkie.

Agreed. But like I mentioned 2 posts back, it has to be Rakitic playing DM, otherwise we're screwed. He has absolutely nothing to offer at CM anymore, while De Jong is actually better with more space in front of him.

Rory

Rakitic:lol::banghead: If this guy does deserve to start our current midfield squad must be awfully bad that this guy can still start after those awfull years.

Midfield situation is less than ideal, I just think busi is playing worse than rakitic atm and vidal would be sent off in a fixture like this, too high intensity for someone so wreckless.

weloveyuner

Wague? He's basically the only one, since both Alba and Semedo are out, and we all know that was never gonna happen with Valverde. Even Semedo doesn't get in front of Roberto sometimes, what made you think Wague, who played all of 90 minutes this season, would? Just hoping Felix doesn't play LM, or Roberto's gonna get destroyed down that right side.

Roberto makes me nervous. He doesn't offer much moving forward and he isn't as fast as Semedo. I understand Semedo and Alba are out, but I thought there might be someone in Barca B who could challenge Roberto for the starting spot. Roberto is a back-up, not a starter.

mc_lovin

Roberto makes me nervous. He doesn't offer much moving forward and he isn't as fast as Semedo. I understand Semedo and Alba are out, but I thought there might be someone in Barca B who could challenge Roberto for the starting spot. Roberto is a back-up, not a starter.

Roberto does precisely what a backup does? ;D I dont get your arguments, its not like Semedo is fit. Best of the rest.

Gaudi

I used to be nervous before games, but in good way, now...now I always make back up plans on what to watch on tv when EV's football festivus begins.

Home of Barca Fans