CL | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Borussia Dortmund 3-1

Tackle

Anyone hoping we exit the champions league early is not a true Barca fan.....

Thank you.

Tired of the usual knobs parroting this absurd notion that losing in the group stage would be better since it would avoid embarrassment later on in the competition. Do these lads not understand a club of the stature of Barca dropping down to the Europa League would be more humiliating than Rome and Anfield put together?

Our chances are not great this season and I recognize that, but once you get to the QF or SF of a cup competition anything is possible.

Andresito

Staff member
I have a feeling that if Barça get beat tomorrow, it'll be Valverde's last game as manager. Surely... Right...?

Valverde 100% won't get sacked if we lose. Only chance is if we fail to qualify, which won't happen.

As long as we're in the race for all trophies the board is satisfied.

devo901

I have a feeling that if Barça get beat tomorrow, it'll be Valverde's last game as manager. Surely... Right...?

regarding feelings: there was once a german coach and he was asked what feeling he had for the upcoming match, he said - "Feeling, feeling - my wife was pregnand 4 times - I Always had a good feeling - now I have 4 girls at home! ;-)

what you have is wishful thinking/dreaming; please wake up: We are barca! we do not sack coaches because of defeats - as long the team does not play against the coach, which clever ernesto denied, by the old amigo gang having a fixed ticket in the lineup.

So important players do not complain, manager does not, board does not. Plus, we're #1 in liga, thus it cant be that bad. Situation is stable.

wisconsincule

Thank you.

Tired of the usual knobs parroting this absurd notion that losing in the group stage would be better since it would avoid embarrassment later on in the competition. Do these lads not understand a club of the stature of Barca dropping down to the Europa League would be more humiliating than Rome and Anfield put together?

Our chances are not great this season and I recognize that, but once you get to the QF or SF of a cup competition anything is possible.

Yes. And we have Messi.

Oh and a billion dollar squad.

We could be playing 10x better football six months from now. Not looking like it now but anything is possible.

BBZ8800

I think I just vomited reading this. Is it 2015? Then this would be acceptable opening roster, not in 2019.

If we only have Lenglet:
What is a wiser option:
1. to have Frenkie-Lenglet, a very good defensive duo and a decent midfield
2. or Frenkie in midfield at all costs, and Araujo or Todibo in defense and face a potential disaster, again only to keep Frenkie in midfield, even though we have than more than fine in EV's first 2 years without him in midfield?
You lose only a little in midfield and gain a lot in defense.
With Frenkie in midfield, we will play as equally as meh in midfield, plus with a disaster defense.

soul24rage

If we only have Lenglet:
What is a wiser option:
1. to have Frenkie-Lenglet, a very good defensive duo and a decent midfield
2. or Frenkie in midfield at all costs, and Araujo or Todibo in defense and face a potential disaster, again only to keep Frenkie in midfield, even though we have than more than fine in EV's first 2 years without him in midfield?
You lose only a little in midfield and gain a lot in defense.
With Frenkie in midfield, we will play as equally as meh in midfield, plus with a disaster defense.

EV will probably play Lenglet and Umtiti together.

blueandclaret

And playing in the EUROPA league isn’t embarrassing??!!!!

Come on guys. We have arguably the best player ever. Him alone gives us a chance against any team in the world.
Honestly I was thinking he meant losing in the first round of the knockouts. I think we could lose the last 2 and would probably still get in with our 8 points. Don’t see Inter picking up 6 in the next 2.

FC B

Actually it's the opposite. Valverde, seniors and the board are all cancerou rumors who need to be removed. The only way that is going to happen is if we exit the group stages.

I wouldn't be so sure even Valverde would get sacked if Barca won't make it out of the CL group, the seniors and the president will sit there confortably no matter what.

Don't want do dissapoint you but imo there are almost zero chances of that happening, Farto won't sack him for so little if he didin't after Roma or Anfield. It's more likely he'll announce a contract extension for him in case he lost this game.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

What happened to socios waving white handkerchiefs like back in the day with van gaal to voice displessure in a coach?

Home of Barca Fans