CL | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Borussia Dortmund 3-1

devo901

Fun fact: We have the joint 2nd best defense in the CL. Just 3 conceded. PSG are best with only 2 (both against Real Madrid) City are level with us with 3 in their Mickey Mouse group. Super dooper Klopp team have conceded an embarrassing 8.

I know you did not ment it super seriouse but lets turn *wiseguys mode ON* for a moment.

You are right: Barca conceded only 3 goals in 5 matches, while PSG only two and everyone else more...however drawing the conclusion "2nd best defense" is not appropriate:

1. the number of games is not high enough (only 5).
2. some have the last outstanding game the weakest, some the hardest opponent
3. everyone plays against different teams
4. goals conceded are also impacted by skill of strikers, even referees - not only defenders.
5. Some teams focus on defense some on offense.. (Atletico)

What is I believe though is, that we have an OKish defender-line; but a superduper keeper, and our opponents were not Lewandovski, Mpappe, Mane etc. ;-D

Marshall D Teach

Fun fact: We have the joint 2nd best defense in the CL. Just 3 conceded. PSG are best with only 2 (both against Real Madrid) City are level with us with 3 in their Mickey Mouse group.

Super dooper Klopp team have conceded an embarrassing 8.

None of that will matter when we are embarassed again in the knockout rounds.

We barely conceded in the 17-18 CL before Rome too.

blueandclaret

Fun fact: We have the joint 2nd best defense in the CL. Just 3 conceded. PSG are best with only 2 (both against Real Madrid) City are level with us with 3 in their Mickey Mouse group.

Super dooper Klopp team have conceded an embarrassing 8.
And Klopps team has a far better chance of lifting the CL trophy. Every year we look good in the group stages, and every year we get embarrassed in the quarters or semis in the away leg.

Sidewinder

This match was the usual under the retard, messi saved the day again. Barca lost possession against this shitty bvb side. In other times, people would be furious about it in bcn. Right now, not a word. It's like a Stockholm syndrome of sorts. Only a miracle, or Messi being super every match, can make this team win the CL this season.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
The amount of mistakes and sloppy play from Dortmund was surprising. Most La Liga teams who come to Camp Nou don’t make as many as that.

Because Barça rarely press anymore? They did yesterday with determination. Might have been mainly Messi that won us the match but the pressing and playing properly for 67 minutes is a start.

Centauri B

And Klopps team has a far better chance of lifting the CL trophy. Every year we look good in the group stages, and every year we get embarrassed in the quarters or semis in the away leg.

Bookmakers disagree with you. They actually put their money where their mouths are.

Centauri B

I know you did not ment it super seriouse but lets turn *wiseguys mode ON* for a moment.

You are right: Barca conceded only 3 goals in 5 matches, while PSG only two and everyone else more...however drawing the conclusion "2nd best defense" is not appropriate:

1. the number of games is not high enough (only 5).
2. some have the last outstanding game the weakest, some the hardest opponent
3. everyone plays against different teams
4. goals conceded are also impacted by skill of strikers, even referees - not only defenders.
5. Some teams focus on defense some on offense.. (Atletico)

What is I believe though is, that we have an OKish defender-line; but a superduper keeper, and our opponents were not Lewandovski, Mpappe, Mane etc. ;-D

I agree that the sample is too small. Yes teams play against different opponents, but I would say that our group was the toughest (also Valencia's group was a bit tough)

I am not saying that we in reality have a great defense, we do not. But the facts until now are what I described above.

Home of Barca Fans