Aouchiche

Newcomer

It's ridiculous how many talents has PSG lost ...

They chose PSG because they know it is one of the best academy in France with the bonus of having an huge exposition thanks to Youth League or Al Kass type of tournaments.

Problem with french players, in general, is they have no loyalty to their country or to their childhood club. You'll see italian or german young players decline moves abroad to stay at home.

I don't blame them though. They are professionals and think about the paycheck. Some of them won't succeed so it is common for them to chose the club that offers best sign on fee, job for family, etc. French system is also flawed in the sense that first contract is only 3 years long which gives a huge bargaining power to the players.

Ultimately, with the growing price of transfers, clubs from other leagues try and poach our players at a young and younger age each year because they know it is a low risk-very high reward.
Look at Todibo at FC Barcelona : bought for 1M and will be sold for 20 M or more while Toulouse has done all the job.
Similarly, Coman went for free at Juve and they subsequently made 30 M out of PSG work.

Saint? is said to be willing to give a very high sign on fee for their standard (4 M?). PSG doesn't want to pay that much (it is as if you have to pay to buy a player you have been working on for years). Saint? is a very good opportunity for him because they see him not as a young player but as a real recruit for their core team.

I think PSG is fucked in regards of their prospects. They are not patient enough to try and break in the first team. And if they are patient, it is very hard to succeed because you compete with players from national teams. They have to accept to be back up players or rotation players when they could lead a team elsewhere.

Last edited:

Messi983

He has officially signed with ASSE till 2023.

Mqfzjd-I

Home of Barca Fans