Yan Couto

Messi983

Eix1l-ZWoAAALhM

Andresito

Staff member
Has been benched a lot so far this season. Don't know the reason for that. Mostly a regular in CdR.

14 games and 2 assists to his name so far in 837 minutes.
Still only 18 though and should do with another 1-2 seasons on loan.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Intermittently played, very early days with him still but while very hyped it is clear he is a way off from being a potential contributor at the highest level

Messi983

Has been benched a lot so far this season. Don't know the reason for that. Mostly a regular in CdR.

14 games and 2 assists to his name so far in 837 minutes.
Still only 18 though and should do with another 1-2 seasons on loan.

None of the City loanees has really establish himself at Girona.

Arijanet Muric (GK) started first two games then got injured and never got a chance again after his recovery so City recalled him and loaned him to Willem II.

Pablo Moreno has started 8 games but has only 740 total minutes.

And Nahuel Bustos (Argentinian forward City bought last summer) has started 6 games mostly at the start of the season but his role in the team has diminished after Stuani's return. And from what I've seen he wasn't anything special when he has played.

Andresito

Staff member

Arijanet Muric (GK) started first two games then got injured and never got a chance again after his recovery so City recalled him and loaned him to Willem II.

And Nahuel Bustos (Argentinian forward City bought last summer) has started 6 games mostly at the start of the season but his role in the team has diminished after Stuani's return. And from what I've seen he wasn't anything special when he has played.

Douglas Luiz ended up pretty OK though.

But yeah, I bet they expected a lot more.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The better Girona signings have come direct from us. They need to learn where to shop.

Since they are part of the group that owns City, naturally they are an incubator for some of City's young players and have little say with regard to which players City sends down to them.

Porque

Since they are part of the group that owns City, naturally they are an incubator for some of City's young players and have little say with regard to which players City sends down to them.

I get that, just a tongue in cheek comment on how the hot signings from City haven't worked out yet while those from Barcelona have established themselves in the first team.

Messi983

Yeah, and it looks like Girona is also not obligated to play City youngsters if their coach prefers their own players for whatever reason(s). So I think it's a fair deal for both clubs but maybe not always for the loanees.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

City's youth model will have to be re-examined in the years to come, even Bernabe is in an expiring contract and I suspect he will return to Spain. They struggle to integrate youth players because there is no segunda equivalent to develop them competitively without loaning them out and loans are never as easy as they might sound. There are far more examples of loan players never returning at a club than thriving at the parent one

Which from City's perspective is not terrible as they could use Chelsea as a model for profiting from youth acquisition. Problem will be convincing youth players to come to City if they are just going to be treated like cattle

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Back on loan to Girona.

Another chance to see if he'll manage to establish himself at this level. Another one of those RBs to keep an eye on for 2023.

gregorrin10

Back on loan to Girona.

Another chance to see if he'll manage to establish himself at this level. Another one of those RBs to keep an eye on for 2023.

I'd look more towards his teammate and ex La Masia Arnau Martinez actually. Especially since Couto is still owned by City, so even if he explodes this season, City are probably gonna take him back. Although they are known not to use players who come back from loan, and rather just sell them on (like Bazunu this season) and they're also stacked at RB with Cancelo, Walker still having a couple of years, and even Issa Kabore, another young RB on loan.

In any case, it's gonna be interesting to see the head to head between Arnau and Couto for the starting spot this season, especially since they're also back in La Liga. Girona one to watch this season for sure. Actually wish we'd also send some of our players on loan too, especially Balde, if we buy a LB. Maybe Collado and Abde too, could be a really great loan for them.

Porque

I think one (probably Couto) will play on the wing like when Ramos broke through at RB at Sevilla and Alves was moved to RM.

Home of Barca Fans