Yan Couto

gregorrin10

Well this came out of nowhere...fantastic if it's true. I really hope with all these RBs now Roberto actually stops playing as a RB full stop. If Emerson comes good and with Couto behind as well I also think Semedo could be sold, if he doesn't show improvement under Setien. Not to mention there's also still Wague too, so I'd be more than happy letting go Semedo and Roberto both, cause neither of them seem to have what it takes to be world class in both defense in offense, would much rather bet on Emerson, Wague and Couto, who have potential to be all around great RBs, especially Emerson and Couto, but we know Wague is good offensively already, if he also starts to defend better, he could be an option too.

Maybe go in next season with Emerson and Wague, Couto in the B team with being regularly called up for Copa games to the first team, and we sell Semedo, get a nice 50M to help with reinforcing other areas, while we either sell Roberto or put him permanently back in midfield for a backup role, so we can then sell both Rakitic and Vidal.

Messi983

:wow:

Really hope this will be confirmed soon.

I'm wondering what our plans for him are. Will he stay at Coritiba until June (although AFAIK he's not playing for their first team so this doesn't make much sense) or will he come to Barça B now, start adapting to European football and play regularly in Segunda B. None of current Barça B RBs (Morer and Guillem Jaime) has a future at the club beyond this season imo so Couto should be given a lot of minutes already this season. He'll only be 18 and I doubt he'll be ready for our first team by next year so we could keep him in the B-team (especially if they are promoted), train sometimes with the first team and play in CDR. Or maybe loan him to a club where he'd get experience on a higher level.

Porque

Patiently excited for this. Madrid trumped us at the 11th hour for Rodrygo. Hopefully Couto is tied up quickly and confirmed.

I'm wondering what our plans for him are. Will he stay at Coritiba until June (although AFAIK he's not playing for their first team so this doesn't make much sense) or will he come to Barça B now, start adapting to European football and play regularly in Segunda B. None of current Barça B RBs (Morer and Guillem Jaime) has a future at the club beyond this season imo so Couto should be given a lot of minutes already this season. He'll only be 18 and I doubt he'll be ready for our first team by next year so we could keep him in the B-team (especially if they are promoted), train sometimes with the first team and play in CDR. Or maybe loan him to a club where he'd get experience on a higher level.

I hope he comes and plays a season under Pimienta. If we promote then even better that its in Segunda. Pimienta gives me confidence in developing our youth players. It is the reason I didn't want to see him getting the first team interim position as it would have effected two projects in one move.

Last edited:

Messi983

Yeah, I agree about Pimienta. But I'm reading now that Couto will stay at Coritiba until June and play in Brasileirao and if he'll really do well there (I don't know how much sense would make for Coritiba to play him much knowing he's leaving) it will probably be a step back for him to go in Segunda B.

I'm not too upset about losing Rodrygo. He looks good (much better than Vinicius who is overrated imo) but I don't believe he'll ever reach a prime Neymar level and it would be pretty risky to pay 50M for him at the time RM did (he had only played around 10 games in Brasileirao by then). With Fati's (unexpected) breakthrough to the first team it would also be hard to develop/give enough minutes to two young wingers.

Couto probably knows he has a lot easier way to first team minutes here than in Madrid who has an established starter in Carvajal and will most likely also bring Achraf Hakimi back in summer. They could still snap him up just so he doesn't finish here but so far I don't think they've shown real interest. It was mentioned that Bayer Leverkusen and Arsenal were our main competitors.

Riordon

Need to get done quickly IMO. Also, I don’t know why but I feel like the B-team even though I Like Pimienta is not the best place for talents to develop right now. Something is off.

Could be nice to send to some places like Betis (like Emerson) or Germany where RM had succes with development of Carvajal and Hakimi.

Messi983

Eredivisie would be a good league to make a transition to European football and develop too, especially for someone as young as Couto. We would need to find the right club though.

Riordon

Eredivisie would be a good league to make a transition to European football and develop too, especially for someone as young as Couto. We would need to find the right club though.

Yes, Eredivisie could be a nice place. A two year loan deal could work.

gregorrin10

PSV could be a nice choice, they've always developed good full backs.

Messi983

PSV could be a nice choice, they've always developed good full backs.

At first I've read PSG and was like WTF? :lol:

Don't think PSV is really a good option right now. Their RB is Denzel Dumfries who is a team captain (he's also occasional starter for the Netherlands NT) and only 23 so I doubt Couto would really play much there.

Newcomer

At first I've read PSG and was like WTF? :lol:

Don't think PSV is really a good option right now. Their RB is Denzel Dumfries who is a team captain (he's also occasional starter for the Netherlands NT) and only 23 so I doubt Couto would really play much there.

Your first impression was right: PSG would have been a nice choice. We have 0 good fullback. Don't even know why PSG isn't in this kind of transactions. Cheap player with ton of potential while we have little money to spend and 0 potential in this position.

Barça and Real are doing a tremendous work by taking all the best talents for cheap before they even really emerge in their youth clubs. It is the best way to counter the inflation in players price. How much money would it take to buy Odegaard nowadays ? Or even Valverde ? We have just to look at de Ligt and de Jong price to have an idea.

Last edited:

Devils

He looks like Coutinho and has a similar name to him as well.
scusthov.gif

Imma pass on this one, dawg.

khaled_a_d

:wow:

Really hope this will be confirmed soon.

He can't play in Europe before June when he completes 18. AFAIK he doesn't hold an EU citizen
I would prefer a year with Barca B and another on loan before counting on him for 1st team tbh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He can't play in Europe before June when he completes 18. AFAIK he doesn't hold an EU citizen
I would prefer a year with Barca B and another on loan before counting on him for 1st team tbh.

Barca B and off to Real Betis to replace Emerson? :zidane:

Porque

Barca B and off to Real Betis to replace Emerson? :zidane:

BOOM.

I'm not too upset about losing Rodrygo. He looks good (much better than Vinicius who is overrated imo) but I don't believe he'll ever reach a prime Neymar level and it would be pretty risky to pay 50M for him at the time RM did (he had only played around 10 games in Brasileirao by then). With Fati's (unexpected) breakthrough to the first team it would also be hard to develop/give enough minutes to two young wingers.

Agreed. But after Rodrygo and Kubo I have a fear of missing out with top talents as Perez is willing to open the check book and pay upfront to trump us. Not to mention the Diego Palacios flip flop.

Home of Barca Fans