Federico Valverde

El Gato

Villarato!
People don't believe you because you are very biased in favor of Madrid. So, I was skeptical, but he is a top talent.

It’s actually just you mostly, not “people”. Maybe Kingleo when he’s lazy and doesn’t want to talk in real terms (which is a lot of the time).

Nor have I said anything outrageous. Dude has been in great nick, team looks night and day without him, he’s smart and while a bit laborious at times, he makes up for anything he concedes with instant recovery. And he looked good in Uruguay youth teams already so it’s not like it’s not been telegraphed. Had he joined the first team under Zidane in 2018 it could have been very different.

KingLeo10

It’s actually just you mostly, not “people”. Maybe Kingleo when he’s lazy and doesn’t want to talk in real terms (which is a lot of the time).

giphy.gif

El Gato

Villarato!
All league losses without him starting.

Imaging selling your reserve DM in the summer and not getting a replacement.

Andresito

Staff member
TBH I think he's very very good. He's exactly the 'young Vidal' people have been asking for.

His box to box ability is impressive and stamina is insane. I think his presence and fighting spirit could be a good addition, especially as a RCM with Messi RW, together with a controlling LCM. If he can add some decisiveness in the opposition's box he'll be world class, no doubt.

Only bad thing about him is his last name.

El Gato

Villarato!
(...) stamina is insane. I think his presence and fighting spirit could be a good addition

Stamina and endurance seems actually somewhat questionable. From February on he kept tailing off in the last 20 mins of various games clutching his calves from cramping up. But if it's in the context of willpower and this tirelessness then he's absolutely incredible indeed.

Andresito

Staff member
Stamina and endurance seems actually somewhat questionable. From February on he kept tailing off in the last 20 mins of various games clutching his calves from cramping up. But if it's in the context of willpower and this tirelessness then he's absolutely incredible indeed.

Maybe, haven't noticed it too much.
But there aren't many players giving their all like he is. With a bit more experience he'll learn how much he can run without cramping up.

Home of Barca Fans