Realistically speaking, Who should be our next manager?

Realistically speaking, who should be the next manager out of these two?

• Marcelo Gallardo

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Donatello

It has been reported the EV won't be continuing next season, so most likely we'll have a new manager next season.

Now as much as we like options like Ten Hag, Pimienta, etc etc, I think they're just wishful thinking at best.
Ten Hag will most likely most to Bayern, if he does. Pimienta isn't coming.

I think the candidates that top the list are Marcelo Gallardo of River place and Ronald Koeman.

Ronald Koeman is a club legend as a player, but we are talking about a manager here, he hasn't moved above mid table teams on club level, & managing NT can't be used as a benchmark to evalutae club management skills.

Gallardo on the other hand, is a relatively unknown guy, but has just become River Plate's most succesfull manager ever since he took over them in 2014, that says a lot.

Personally, I'd prefer a rather ambitious guy, than a usual safe bet. I'd say just sack EV and get Gallardo now, instead of waiting for Koeman next season.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We need someone who has a record of coaching big club or has been a big star himself. Don't know if Ten Hag or Gallardo could be comfortable at Barca.

Also someone who cares for Barca long term would be refreshing and not someone who is here to build on his resume and earn lots of gold.

Givenchy

Gallardo

enough of this ex-player dna bullshit. it doesn't work, they become yes-men as we've seen. ship out Pique, Busi, Suarez and Rakitic, i don't care how much they go for, i don't care how much they've done for this club, this isn't a retirement home. just get rid of them all asap. don't even want these fuckers on the bench anymore

Coutinho will be coming back, Dembele and Griezmann are going nowhere.. we may as well face facts; we spent the Neymar money horrifically and this shitheaded board won't admit their failings - no PL team or PSG are going to bail us out so the best option is to give them a chance under a new manager and system. you don't pay 100mil+ for a player to then shoehorn them into the team. next season will be an unknown but then we have the elections where hopefully this board gtfo

thats what we should do.. what we will actually do? probably hire another puppet manager and continue on humiliating Barca

long term thinking, i'd love to see Xavi manage Barca but that can't happen until club de amigos (including Messi) are gone

Last edited:

Tackle

Koeman's ceiling is a Lucho level manager.

Gallardo has higher upside, but a much bigger chance of failing horribly as well.

Do not like either particularly all that much, but would go with Koeman to see out Messi's final years. We can experiment after that.

Givenchy

Koeman's ceiling is a Lucho level manager.

Gallardo has higher upside, but a much bigger chance of failing horribly as well.

Do not like either particularly all that much, but would go with Koeman to see out Messi's final years. We can experiment after that.

thats a fair point, Koeman would be more stable BUT do we really want to just 'see out' Messi's final years? i love Leo, hes the GOAT and its been a pleasure to watch him but im a Barca fan first and foremost, i don't want to wait for a rebuild so Messi and co can have a nice relaxing retirement party on the pitch and thats basically what its becoming right now

soul24rage

Out of those two options, the most realistic appointment will be Koeman. I just can't see this board bringing in Gallardo.

Home of Barca Fans