Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raketa10

Who should be our new manager and why? At the moment I personally believe that Xavi should not take over since he is not ready. So I would choose one of the three:

1. Koeman
2. Gallardo
3. Ten Hag (problem with him could be a language barrier)

Last edited:
What do you mean, what next manager? You guys really don't want me anymore? :shakeshead:

3f7mjg.jpg

JohnN

Voted for Gallardo. Koeman seems a good choice too, but I would prefer to see some fresh blood and some fresh ideas. Anyone except Mourinho would be good for the remainder of the season though.

Birdy

Ten Hag is obviously a level above the rest given what he has shown already with Ajax.

But, mind you, Ten Hag or whoever it is, if not able to take brave decisions, like benching the old guard and breaking the locker room cliques and the 'Club de Amigos' mentality, and if not backed for those decisions by the board, then there is no hope...

JohnN

Ten Hag is obviously a level above the rest given what he has shown already with Ajax.

But, mind you, Ten Hag or whoever it is, if not able to take brave decisions, like benching the old guard and breaking the locker room cliques and the 'Club de Amigos' mentality, and if not backed for those decisions by the board, then there is no hope...

This is Perhaps the biggest advantage Koeman has right now. He seems the only one with enough status to make those kind of decisions. I still feel that whoever comes in the summer (highly doubt EV will be sacked or resigns mid season), will be here only for one season, until the elections. Having that in mind, I wouldn't want to "burn" neither Koeman nor Ten Hag. Perhaps gambling on a wild card like Gallardo for one year is the way to go, hence my choice.

FinBarcelonafan

Well said! That's the most important job for the next coach.

Now Barca is known as a place where to go retire and make good money with your pals.

Raketa10

To be fair Koeman is maybe the most logical choice right now. As I said before Koeman, Gallardo and Ten Hag are my preferred choices but the more I think the more I see Koeman as the most logical choice at the moment. Currently we need a manager who can fill a 2-3 years gap before Xavi takes over and Koeman probably has the balls to make some bold moves which are necessity right now. I am not sure Ten Hag would be able to do that and as I mentioned above he has that language barrier problem. With Gallardo there is a big question mark since he hasn't coached in Europe yet. For example both Tata and Sampaoli failed in Europe big time.

On the other hand problem with Koeman and Ten Hag is that they won't be available until summer while Gallardo could be available after Copa Libertadores final (23rd of November) and that's his huge advantage right now.

Diogo28

Why not Lucho?

The major problem for him was he big 3 not defending and lacking an energetic midfield.

Now we have Griezmann and De Jong.

I dont know how impossible that would be, giving the loss of his daughter, but i cant think of a better viable option atm.

JohnN

Can I change my vote to "absolutely any random bloke on the street" as Tackle suggested in another thread.

wisconsincule

I would take anyone.

Give me Mourinho.

I don’t think I would even be mad if the results are the same. I just want Valverde gone.

El Gato

Villarato!
I would take anyone.

Give me Mourinho.

I don’t think I would even be mad if the results are the same. I just want Valverde gone.

This is like the biggest RM fan fiction - Mourinho going to Barcelona, making everyone there miserable and not improving the results :lol:

Home of Barca Fans