User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who should be our new manager?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Koeman

    4 8.33%
  • Gallardo

    7 14.58%
  • Pimienta

    2 4.17%
  • Xavi

    7 14.58%
  • Ten Hag

    19 39.58%
  • Allegri

    1 2.08%
  • Mourinho

    5 10.42%
  • Other

    3 6.25%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79

Thread: Who should be our new manager?

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Nello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Have you checked a meaning of those trophies?
    1. Copa Libertadores=South American CL, where 23 out of last 27 winners are from Brasil or Argentina. So, a Champions league consisted of two countries...
    2. Copa Sudamericana=Uefa cup
    3. Recopa Sudamericana=South American supercup
    4. Copa Argentina=Argentinian Copa Del Rey
    5. Supercopa Argentina=Argentinian supercup
    6. Suruga bank=Mickey Mouse trophy played between winner of Uefa Cup and Japanese leage cup winner (wtf?)

    With that logic, EV has in 2 years:
    1. La Liga 2018, 2019
    2. Cdr 2018
    3. Supercup 2018 and he has yet to play a supercup from this season
    4. Copa Catalonia 2018 (like Suruga cup)

    If EV will win La Liga, Cdr, Spanish supercup and Copa Catalonia, he will have a total of
    9 trophies in only 3 seasons, which will make him as one of the most successful managers in Barca's history!

    This is exactly how Gallardo's story sounds like.

    Also, about South American football, whenever we watch Copa America or something, they play some crazy kung fu run and gun football with 110 miles per hour where every action is on a verge of incident, every tackle is on a verge of a red card and all players are running up and down like headless chickens.

    Imagine coming to Barca after that where no one is running at you and the opponent has parked a bus.

    ** About La liga being weak, Real won a CL in 2017, 3 Months before EV's first season.
    Atletico played in a final in 2016.
    And RM has won it again in 2018, even though our league was the weakest ever, lol.
    Why would you diminish the value of a trophy, just because it is dominated by two countries' teams? Brazil and Argentina are by far the two biggest football nations in South America. It's not like the Champions League regularly is won by Slovenian and Dutch teams.

    EV will never be considered to be the best manager in our history. Again, you oversimplify way too much. EV has won two historically weak La Liga with a team whose core players have won six La Ligas previously and three champions league trophies while playing beautiful football. Gallardo took charge in a very inconsistent team, that had been relegated 4 years prior, and hadn't won a continental trophy for almost 20 years. How is that comparable? Pep Guardiola has also commented on how impressed he is by Gallardo's successful, despite the lack of continuity in the squad, River sells the best players all the time. Valverde on the contrary, has just gotten one of the best midfielders in Europe this summer. And what has he done with him? Not much if you ask me. And he has Messi, a pretty big cheat code when it comes to winning La Ligas.

    And yes, La Liga has been very weak the last two years. Real Madrid finished on 76 points despite winning the CL in 2018. 76 is very low for a title contender. And last year they finished on 68.

    Honestly, if you don't think there is any value in what Gallardo has achieved with River, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not saying he will be a perfect manager for Barca, just that he's worth a shot given the current state of the team, which is awful if you ask me.

    And I don't know why you try to talk Valverde up so much. Do you think he has achieved much in his two and half year here? It's like you see everything in black & white. You only see results on a paper, don't take a lot of variables and circumstances into account, and you come up with conclusions such as: "If Gallardo is the most succesfull coach at River with 11 trophies, EV must be too at Barca with his soon to be/potential 9 trophies". Meanwhile, you don't care about what players they've had at their disposal, the general state and history of the club and how the teams actually are playing and doing, not result wise.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: Have Gallardo or Koeman been involved with the club for the last 15 years?

    #TeamPimienta

    “BlAh BlAh BlAh, FiRsT tEaM eXpErIeNcE...”

    Pep did it.

    “bUt EvErY b TeAm CoAcH wOnT bE PeP...”

    Give him six months and see what the fuck happens. It CANNOT be worse than the squatting cuck staying here. Roberto fucking Di Matteo won the CL with a Chelsea side no where close to our squad’s talent, especially when a big name that fits right now, really isn’t viable. I’m telling you guys, for the main two things we want the most:

    1. Manager who will phase out seniors and play the players who deserve time
    2. Our signature style of play back

    Pimienta will at least deliver that. This is a safer option than a lot of y’all realize. If we sack the cuck as a Christmas present, coaches like Koeman, EtH and others are likely off the table. I like Gallardo but it’s a massive risk alone given coaches like Tata & Sampaoli’s record in Europe and even bigger coming in the middle of a season, with a squad still not truly at top fitness or form.

    I also think he’s the perfect coach to squash Club de Amigos. Barring Messi and arguably Pique, he can afford to bench any senior causing a fuss and have a hungry, young player to take his spot. Perfect example is Firpo, I’m sure he is itching to prove himself right now and under the right manager, he could really take off. Plus, Pimienta’s past relationship with a lot of our young players will make this easier for him to do as well. Plus, Barça B play great football and I think at least Messi would recognize that and not completely isolate him. I just want to enjoy watching us again and from the few random matches I’ve watched of Barça B, I’ve enjoyed watching them.

    Like I said, give him six months and see what he does. If it’s clearly going south, we go for Koeman after the Euros and don’t end up off any worse probably than we do with Valverde. The man has been here for 15 years, that sort of loyalty is rare these days and I think he deserves at least an interim tryout. The fact that more people would rather give it to Mourinho than a man whose served this club for that long is pretty disgusting to me.

    Anyone we bring into this situation will have risk, but for a short term solution until the real heir apparent (Xavi) returns to claim his throne, Pimienta ticks the most boxes in my book for what we need right now.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,159
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardong Gallardo, the one think I like about him is he is flexible with his formations. He plays different forms of 442 (his main gameplan) and also use 433 sporadically.
    He is also a balanced type of coach, not very attack minded.
    We can actually use that right now. 433 is dead with Messi here.

    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    Give him six months and see what the fuck happens. It CANNOT be worse than the squatting cuck staying here. Roberto fucking Di Matteo won the CL with a Chelsea side no where close to our squad’s talent, especially when a big name that fits right now, really isn’t viable. I’m telling you guys, for the main two things we want the most:
    1-1st off, he -along others- can be worse, much worse. And that is a risk that should be taken into account. If someone come here without being really able to get good job we might actually risk a chance of not qualifying to CL. This will be a disaster going into the future. We are currently 1st in Liga and our group stage. We have seen far worse days as a club.
    2-What youth does "Pimienta’s past relationship with a lot of our young players" mean? Which young players have experience with him? Alena when he was assistant coach? Roberto ancient years ago? Wague who doesn't look as 1st team material based on his past performances with NT and Barca B along pre-season? Even Fati has no past experience with him.Which of those do you really want as a starter right now?
    3-What type of authority do you think he will have over our senior players?
    4-What loyalty? The club was the one loyal to him not the opposite. It isn't like he had great offers to leave and he rejected it. And there was others who worked for very long in Barca youth set up btw.

    I am not sure what makes you think that Carles Rexach experience should be repeated tbh.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,548
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nello View Post
    And I don't know why you try to talk Valverde up so much. Do you think he has achieved much in his two and half year here? It's like you see everything in black & white. You only see results on a paper, don't take a lot of variables and circumstances into account, and you come up with conclusions such as: "If Gallardo is the most succesfull coach at River with 11 trophies, EV must be too at Barca with his soon to be/potential 9 trophies". Meanwhile, you don't care about what players they've had at their disposal, the general state and history of the club and how the teams actually are playing and doing, not result wise.
    Because:
    1) if you are a younger fan, aged let's say younger than 25, then I can understand your point of view because those fans have grown up during our most successful era and of course that for them a current era is a disgrace.
    Also, if you are a younger fan who followed a club since Pep/Messi or Rijkaard, you haven't experienced TRUE LOWS and what it means to be horrible, play ugly and have zero trophies for years.
    For younger fans, EV is the worst thing ever. Since they haven't seen worse in their life.
    For me: EV is average. Not good, but faaar from being horrible.
    2) if you are a fan who watched Barca in 90s or early 00s, and you still think that EV is the biggest disgrace, then fine, we have different opinions

    Anyway, my opinion is=what EV is doing is average.
    But considering (imo) that we are at an end of a cycle, Messi is almost finished, core is finished, Barto is a presidents, sporting directors are horrible, there are now La Masia gems, and majority of transfers are mostly overrated frauds, plus since we don't have any leaders or mental strength, things could and probably WILL get way way worse very soon.
    In that sense, if EV could maintain a current level and win La Liga=that will be very good for me.
    I have wrote a lot of times, there is a high chance that we will sink miles, miles, miles deeper than now: either with EV or with a new coach.

    I think that majority of you guys don't realize that part yet and all you repeat is: it can't get worse than this (because this is the lowest point for fans who started to watch Barca in 2008).
    IT CAN get way, way worse than this. And it probably will.

    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    Question: Have Gallardo or Koeman been involved with the club for the last 15 years?

    #TeamPimienta

    “BlAh BlAh BlAh, FiRsT tEaM eXpErIeNcE...”

    Pep did it.

    “bUt EvErY b TeAm CoAcH wOnT bE PeP...”

    Give him six months and see what the fuck happens. It CANNOT be worse than the squatting cuck staying here. Roberto fucking Di Matteo won the CL with a Chelsea side no where close to our squad’s talent, especially when a big name that fits right now, really isn’t viable. I’m telling you guys, for the main two things we want the most:
    Anyone we bring into this situation will have risk, but for a short term solution until the real heir apparent (Xavi) returns to claim his throne, Pimienta ticks the most boxes in my book for what we need right now.
    I have wrote today in Griezz's topics, Xavi doesn't sound like a good future coach at all.
    His personality is submissive, he is not a leader, not a fighter, not a teacher, and he isn't the greatest in talking and with words.
    Being a coach is similar to being a leader/warrior as a captain mixed with coaching tactical skills (plus man management).
    From what we have seen through Xavi's career, not too much suggests that he will be a world class coach.
    The thing is that our fans have a dream that a former La Masia kid and one the biggest club's legends will continue and be a world class coach one day.
    A nice fairytale. With not too much connections with reality.

    So, Xavi on paper lacks 100s of skills to be a coach of the best clubs in the world.
    You guys are often mentioning Pep.
    True, he didn't have much coaching experience, but he was at least in our youth teams as a coach.

    Further, as a player:
    1. Pep was a pivot, which is awesome, he was involved in build up, movement, possession, so it is logical why he, as a coach, is perfect in those areas.
    2. Further, he was coached by Crujff, so he learned from him
    3. but other things what people forget: Pep was a captain of Barca.
    He was not a quiet guy like Xavi, Iniesta or Messi.
    Pep was a way weaker player than these guys, but he was way more a coach/captain material.
    As a captain, he was a guy who couldn't stop talking. He was talking to teammates all the time. Telling them where to go, what to do, what have they done wrong.
    So, as a player, he was already "a coach" on the field.
    As a captain, he wasn't as wild as Lucho or Puyol, but he had some passion, emotions, he was fighting, arguing, laughing, crying, yelling.
    Again, a total opposite to Xavi or Messi as players-coaches/captains.

    So, when you guys are comparing Pep with Xavi, it doesn't make any sense.
    Pep didn't have much coaching experience, but he had:
    1. tactical experience as a player
    2. being coached by Crujff
    3. being a coach on a field for 10 years
    4. being a captain
    Xavi lacks points no3 and no4.

    Then, when you guys are comparing Pep to Pimienta.
    Sorry, but who the *uck is Pimienta?
    Pep played for 11 years at Barca, he was our captain, won a CL in 1992 and several La Ligas.
    And played 47 times for a Spanish NT team.

    So, Pep was a Barca's level of midfield quality, NT player, CL winner, a coach on a field, extremely smart and talkative guy and a captain with passion.
    Pimienta is a guy who's career highest moments was playing for Hospitalet in the 3rd division.
    Never coached by Crujff. Never coached by Pep. Never played for big clubs. Never played big matches. Never worked or coached big egos.
    Never played a CL final, World cup or was a captain of his team in tough moments.

    I am not saying that a coach who wasn't a player can't make it.
    But saying that Xavi or Pimienta are similar to Pep (pre coaching Barca) are somewhat similar to saying that Adama could be a new Messi.
    Adama has 2 skills like Messi (dribbles) and lacks other 8 skills.

    Out of 10 ingredients needed for a perfect coach, guys whom you guys like have 2-3 similarities with Pep.
    And 7-8 red flags which are pointing to disasters.

    Pep as a player.
    You can see him talking, yelling, explaining to players what to do in many actions:
    Last edited by BBZ8800; 8th November 2019 at 10:40 AM.
    FU Barto, FU the whole board, FU Abidal, FU Neymar. The end of Barca

  5. #65
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have sooooo much flamin deadwood that I’m wondering if we actually do need Jose for a short while just to oversee the ‘mass culling’ ?

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    MTL_Barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,551
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    1-1st off, he -along others- can be worse, much worse. And that is a risk that should be taken into account.
    Valverde is doing his best to reduce that risk as fast as possible though.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,159
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Barca View Post
    Valverde is doing his best to reduce that risk as fast as possible though.
    EV isn't doing a good job this year, his worst football and generally below expectations for sure.
    One year ago I said he should leave in summer (2019) and 2 years is enough and would be fairly good from him to leave us with 2 Liga titles after the Neymar fiasco.
    But he is still the coach, and he is still the one with most knowledge of this squad. And we are still top of our group and league while he still has support of the dressing room. To sack him midway during the season, with expectations still Liga and to compete for CL is a risk. No one will come here and suddenly bench Suarez/Busquets/Alba/Pique without squad planning in the summer. Even Zidane/De Mateo didn't do that and both relied on the veterans of the team.
    I think We are stuck with him till the end of the year and I think that is the best option as it stands right now, let's just hope the board will manage to have a good summer.

  8. #68
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,701
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca shouldn't hire Gallardo or Pimienta.

    It got to be someone with a clear system that's working right now, someone with CL experience as a manager or at the very least assistant in recent times. Koeman's system or whatever he employed worked more than a decade ago. Almost every team he's been to after that he's turned out to be a bust.

    But let's hire him because he got the Barca DNA I guess

    I don't think Koeman will be a bust, but don't think he'll be anything more than a short-term option with his successor having to rebuild and steady the ship once again.

    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    EV isn't doing a good job this year, his worst football and generally below expectations for sure.
    One year ago I said he should leave in summer (2019) and 2 years is enough and would be fairly good from him to leave us with 2 Liga titles after the Neymar fiasco.
    But he is still the coach, and he is still the one with most knowledge of this squad. And we are still top of our group and league while he still has support of the dressing room. To sack him midway during the season, with expectations still Liga and to compete for CL is a risk. No one will come here and suddenly bench Suarez/Busquets/Alba/Pique without squad planning in the summer. Even Zidane/De Mateo didn't do that and both relied on the veterans of the team.
    I think We are stuck with him till the end of the year and I think that is the best option as it stands right now, let's just hope the board will manage to have a good summer.
    Khaled, please. Can we stop with this bullshit already? Every manager knows the squad better than anyone else, but it doesn't mean shit.

    Fuck Valverde.

    We're not competing for the CL. La Liga we do, but it definitely helps that our rivals are bad too.
    Last edited by DonAK; 8th November 2019 at 03:06 PM.


  9. #69
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,478
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khaled please read what you wrote , then read it again. Then tell me that it doesn't sound like the biggest mental gymnastics you have read.

    Only reason Ernesto " League master" Valverde won those fucking leagues is because of Messi and the abysmal state of both Madrid teams. Im not sure what this man has to do for you to realize that he is garbage.

    "It can be worse" is imo the most pathetic excuse someone can offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Valverde cheerleader in his natural habitat View Post
    Good, let them win the overrated CL and we'll continue to dominate La Liga.
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    CNN is probably the most reliable source of news

    #factsfirst
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,159
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Khaled, please. Can we stop with this bullshit already? Every manager knows the squad better than anyone else, but it doesn't mean shit.

    Fuck Valverde.

    We're not competing for the CL. La Liga we do, but it definitely helps that our rivals are bad too.
    It means something actually when you assess if you want to fire a coach midway through the season.

  11. #71
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,701
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    It means something actually when you assess if you want to fire a coach midway through the season.
    Cannot wait for Barcelona to get humiliated in the CL again. Perhaps this time we'll lose to Shakhtar Donetsk in the R16, although we should probably take one game at a time and hope we don't fuck up vs Borussia Dortmund first.

    That's how low we've fallen. Every Barcelona fan should be thankful luck went our way at Signal Iduna Park and vs Inter in the first 60 minutes.

    Fuck Valverde.

    "Isn't doing a good job" is the understatement of the year. Forget the poor results, the shit on stick football we've played over the last two and half years is a disgrace itself, but you left that out.


  12. #72
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,159
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi2140 View Post
    "It can be worse" is imo the most pathetic excuse someone can offer.
    It isn't an excuse actually. It is a reply to people fantasy and bad reasoning of this myth of "no one can be worse". Let's fire him and get anyone else, which has been repeated steadily time after time this year.
    And no, Messi isn't the only reason we won Liga, nor RM being bad either. This has been discussed plenty of time though. No one is gonna change his mind about it.
    As I said, I didn't want EV to continue being our coach this season and that was midway through last year. But I don't think mistakes should be corrected by another one.

  13. #73
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29,701
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing a manager mid-season won't change our CL fortunes, but not having to watch that fraud on the sidelines again would be worth it.

    We'll probably still win La Liga or be in the title race. Not like Ernie was winning multiple league titles before he arrived at Barca that makes him such a league specialist. Not agreeing with that BS, sorry.


  14. #74
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,478
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    It isn't an excuse actually. It is a reply to people fantasy and bad reasoning of this myth of "no one can be worse". Let's fire him and get anyone else, which has been repeated steadily time after time this year.
    And no, Messi isn't the only reason we won Liga, nor RM being bad either. This has been discussed plenty of time though. No one is gonna change his mind about it.
    As I said, I didn't want EV to continue being our coach this season and that was midway through last year. But I don't think mistakes should be corrected by another one.
    I cant talk for everyone but I assume it is said more out of frustration than anything else.

    As for the rest let's just agree to disagree seeing as our views on it are so far apart. Maybe another CL disaster will do the trick.
    Last edited by messi2140; 8th November 2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Valverde cheerleader in his natural habitat View Post
    Good, let them win the overrated CL and we'll continue to dominate La Liga.
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    CNN is probably the most reliable source of news

    #factsfirst
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

  15. #75
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    2,917
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post

    ** About La liga being weak, Real won a CL in 2017, 3 Months before EV's first season.
    Atletico played in a final in 2016.
    And RM has won it again in 2018, even though our league was the weakest ever, lol.
    And here is where you get called out and put on blast for AGAIN resorting to selective stats.

    2014-2017 Real Madrid

    2014: CL winners, 87 points
    2015: CL semi-finalist, 92 points
    2016: CL winners, 90 points
    2017: CL winners, 93 points

    Real Madrid 2018-2019

    2018: CL winners, 76 points
    2019: R of 16, 68 points

    In 2014-2017 RM won 3 CLs, 1 SF and averaged 90.5 points over 4 years.
    In 2018-2019 RM won 1 CL, 1 R of 16 and averaged 72 FUCKING points over 2 years.



    2014-2017 Atletico Madrid

    2014: CL final, 90 points
    2015: CL QF, 78 points
    2016: CL final, 88 points
    2017: CL semi-final, 78 points

    Atletico Madrid 2018-2019:

    2018: Didn't even make it out of group stage (LOL), 79 points
    2019: R of 16, 76 points

    2014-2017 AM, 2 CL final, 1 SF, 1 QF, 83.5 points over 4 years
    2018-2019 AM 1 GS exit, 1 R of 16, 77.5 points


    Now tell me, was Liga not 10 fucking levels stronger in 2014-2017 compared to EV's 2018 and 2019.

    This is also why I resort to calling you a fucking fraud / con-man because you make good points sometimes but whenever stats aren't in your favor, you hide the ones that don't support you. Because you are a 30s something man-child who can't handle being incorrect. And then come at us with the nerve to say 'Lol'

    Oh and before you come back at me saying why are we comparing 2014-2017 and 2018-2019. Because YOU compared those 2 eras when you wanted to big up EV's 2 Liga in 2 years compared to 2 Liga in 4 years under Lucho, Tata. SO A PRE-EMPTIVE FUCK OFF.
    Last edited by KingLeo10; 8th November 2019 at 04:40 PM.