Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serghei

Only problem with Ten Hag is that his Ajax are a counter attacking team. Barcelona has a possession based game. Style wise, Ten Hag fits the german clubs more, like Bayern and Dortmund.

But other than that, and the language, he ticks all boxes.

KingLeo10

Only problem with Ten Hag is that his Ajax are a counter attacking team. Barcelona has a possession based game. Style wise, Ten Hag fits the german clubs more, like Bayern and Dortmund.

I wouldn't label him as a counter-attack coach. The archetypes of that are prime Mourinho (Inter, Real Madrid, Chelsea) or Simeone in his heyday (14-16).

To me, he offers a very much pragmatic balance between a possession based game and counter-attacking. Much like Jupp, Klopp, or even Lucho in 14-15.

We have the young and mobile and talented midfielders for his style of play. It's the static forward line with the acceleration of an oil tanker that's the Achilles heel. If Dembele had fulfilled his promise, and if Messi stuck to the right with Griezo in the middle, this would absolutely be my style of choice over pure possession football (for that to reach its apex, you need technical wizards like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves...).

gasgas

I wouldn't label him as a counter-attack coach. The archetypes of that are prime Mourinho (Inter, Real Madrid, Chelsea) or Simeone in his heyday (14-16).

To me, he offers a very much pragmatic balance between a possession based game and counter-attacking. Much like Jupp, Klopp, or even Lucho in 14-15.

We have the young and mobile and talented midfielders for his style of play. It's the static forward line with the acceleration of an oil tanker that's the Achilles heel. If Dembele had fulfilled his promise, and if Messi stuck to the right with Griezo in the middle, this would absolutely be my style of choice over pure possession football (for that to reach its apex, you need technical wizards like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves...).

A counterattacking does not equal Bus parking

KingLeo10

A counterattacking does not equal Bus parking

Parking the bus is what Atletico did v Juve last season. Or what we tried to do v Roma. You get punished for it.

Counter attacking is actually a successful style of play. Go look at how many goals Mourinho's teams scored in that period. Or how Simeone managed to get some amazing victories/draws in away stadiums in the CL between 14-16 (Chelsea, Barca...).

Just because both managers are washed up now doesn't mean their more recent style of play is how they always played.

El Gato

Villarato!
Parking the bus is what Atletico did v Juve last season. Or what we tried to do v Roma. You get punished for it.

Not always you don't. A lot of formidable teams made it work. You should know best. Yes, it does take iron will and unwavering focus from at least good defensive players staying coherent for 90 minutes, but depending on a game it's absolutely valid to do, particularly if your team is more grit and endurance than talent.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

This list makes me like Koeman more than I originally thought.
Koeman: Has problem sustaining relation with players, club legend. Above average coach. He is an EV type of signing except with far more history as a player.
Gallardo: Has huge success in cup tournaments, failure in league it seems. Only 1 league title back in 2012
Pimienta: It is tough to go from youth teams to 1st team when you don't have previous experience at big clubs. His style is good but I think he is better as youth coach.
Xavi: 2 years at least from being ready. I really don't want us to be his 1st European experience.
Ten Hag: He reminds me a lot of Koeman himself, same style and start with Ajax. He is a boom or bust type of risk.
Allegri: Best coach on the list, but fans will hate him and I am not sure why on the planet he would sacrifice his career here. Will be a waste of everyone's time.
Mourinho: Past his prime as a coach, afterthought for most big clubs. Made a lot of enemies here.
Others: I would give Arteta the chance for an interview for the job. Has that "La Masia connection" to the club, was coached by different style of coaches on different levels with the likes of Luis Fernández
Wenger,Moyes and being assistant to Pep.

Zidane82

We currently don’t even have a way of playing !!

We just play crap football and hope to god that Messi does something

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My choice is Erik ten Hag. I don't give a fuck about him not speaking Spanish or not having the amazing Barca DNA which got us Valverde. Frank Rijkaard learned the language, EtH can do the same. Koeman's resumé is awful, what he did with Ajax more than a decade ago is irrelevant. Football have changed.

But before you hire a new manager, get rid of these players: Gerard Pique, Sergio Busquets, Luis Suarez and Sergi Roberto.

Don't care about the experience they bring. Pique and Busquets should do the honourable thing Iniesta and Xavi did. Leave. They're done and I don't want their awful mentality to surround whatever manager we end up hiring.

The less said about Suarez the better and I'm just tired of Sergi being pushed to play RB all the time.

If you're going to rebuild, do it the right way.

abbbs97

Erik ten Hag is my number one choice as well. He just ticks all the boxes for Barca. He's the perfect Barca manager and I think he can rebuild this team very well. Will the board choose him though? Probably not, since he has none of this 'Barca DNA' bs. I'm pretty sure they'll go for Koeman, who isnt terrible but isnt ideal like EtH is.

MD did mention today that Abidal & Co. like EtH and his playstyle the most among the people shortlisted for Barca's new manager. Lets just hope they seriously consider him and not only Koeman.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ten Hag but he is most likely Bayern-bound as he admitted that he was a Bayern fan, having worked at Bayern.

No to Koeman as his track record is not good and the teams he managed did not play good football, not even the Netherlands despite their decent result.

Andresito

Staff member
Gallardo aka Tata v.2 is coming boys

EIt-bc2WwAAzYxC

FinBarcelonafan

My choice is Erik ten Hag. I don't give a fuck about him not speaking Spanish or not having the amazing Barca DNA which got us Valverde. Frank Rijkaard learned the language, EtH can do the same. Koeman's resumé is awful, what he did with Ajax more than a decade ago is irrelevant. Football have changed.

But before you hire a new manager, get rid of these players: Gerard Pique, Sergio Busquets, Luis Suarez and Sergi Roberto.

Don't care about the experience they bring. Pique and Busquets should do the honourable thing Iniesta and Xavi did. Leave. They're done and I don't want their awful mentality to surround whatever manager we end up hiring.

The less said about Suarez the better and I'm just tired of Sergi being pushed to play RB all the time.

If you're going to rebuild, do it the right way.

Good post. I agree with this attitude and all. We need something different!

Messigician

What's Gallardo's playing style?

Literally tata 2.0 Lmao. Mixes in long balls with a high press and not much focus on possession.

The board will never try another foreign coach since Tata, they must fit the Barca style and have connections to the club.

mc_lovin

Wouldnt mind Gallardo for the rest of the season, and after that evaluate if hes good enough (and if not go for Koeman). For psychological impact alone Valverde should be gone.

Home of Barca Fans