CL | Round 4: FC Barcelona - Slavia Prague 0-0

To be honest I was looking forward to watch the game, because i was thinking, actually "hoping" is the appropriate word to see Griezmann as a central forward. Everything else is already said by you guys. The thing is after every game I'm telling myself.. it can't get worse, but EV the team and the board are pulling something else from their sleeve. I'm angry before, during and after the game, it never happened to me before

slvtn

I am sorry for Messi as he would deserve a ton of titles in his last years, but this team deserves no title at all this season.

jairzinho

The English commentator on my stream summed it up nicely. ‘The team has lots of talent but is tactically imbalanced.’

Messi and Griezmann have a similar profile, they are not complementary. Ansu Fati is the missing link at the left winger, his playing style is very complementary with Messi !
And for the CF position, we can try Dembélé, because he can help in counter-attacks with his pace (especially when Sùarez is absent, or in rotations).
There is also a problem at the LeftBack position when Alba is not here. It's clear that Semedo can't play in that position. Why in the hell we don't put Firpo ? We need a better animation at the left side, as he doesn't attack at the sideline! Also, this team is good at retaining possession under pressure (with DeJong, Arthur, Messi), but we lack some attacking-depth and more off-the-ball runs (can be obtained by Fati, Dembélé, but not Griezmann ! )

Last edited:
Their game is too slow. There is no dynamic in the last 30 meters, it’s too individual. And every time they lose the ball, it looks like they will concede a goal on counterattack because they cannot deal with pace against the opponent... the team lacks dynamic, lacks energy, lacks confidence,” the former Arsenal manager said.

Kul_z

Watching how only semedo and de jong run behind the lines was the highlight of the evening. Like they only watched the game from prague and realized that they play high defensive line that could and should be exploited. If they played against liverpool, city even juve they would be hammered, pretty badly. But not against us, ofc

Centauri B

Watching how only semedo and de jong run behind the lines was the highlight of the evening. Like they only watched the game from prague and realized that they play high defensive line that could and should be exploited. If they played against liverpool, city even juve they would be hammered, pretty badly. But not against us, ofc

I don't want to make excuses for our bad display, but Liverpool were quite poor tonight as well.

xG for this game was 2.17 - 0.22

It is what it is.

Barcilliant

The game was on at 11:25 in the night in India. I thought if I'm awake I'll watch it.

THANK GOD I WENT TO SLEEP.
I don't care how big a supporter you are it simply isn't worth it.

I've stopped watching LA liga and I'm not missing much in cl.

I'd urge fans to boycott. This is simply unacceptable.

The humiliation in cl this year is going to exceed the previous years.

A team like Chelsea with a bunch of kids would kill us.

Shitverde, Barto and seniors bar Messi have destroyed the club.

Altomonte

Piqué could have scored, Sergio Roberto was close (nice pass by Dembélé), and Messi had 3 opportunities, two saved by an excellent GK and one saved by the crossbar.
Barça played much better than in Prag. The Prag match was a very lucky win, today's match was an unfortunate draw.
While it is obvious that the Barça attack is not clicking perfectly, it was an acceptable performance. The result is disappointing, but the team was fighting and running more than during any match this season.
What is disturbing is that both Dortmund and Inter are playing at a high level. The home match against Borussia will probably decide advancement into the knockout stage. It won't be easy but Barça should still be able to come through.

LABarcaFan

Barca main struggle comes from our offense. Griezmann and Dembele are very ineffective. They can not create even one position to score on their own. Everyone rely on Messi to feed them in the penalty area. But Mesi, today, is not even 50% of whatever he was as a player two years ago. Suarez is done and the few goals he scored this season can not fool anyone. Carles Perez looks like a bad fit for this team and Ansu Fati is still too young to take care of the business.

What I really want at this moment is:
Valverde gets fired and we have a new coach. Whoever he can be. Bring in Mourinho if you want, and then, when this kind of games continue, all of the BLINDS in this forum will open their eyes and realize that the problems of this Barcelona team are far more than just Ernesto Valverde. Disfunctional board of directors, whom only concern is the circulation of the money in the club. Unprofessional technical staff, built from absolute amateurs.Coaching staff without any vision and tactical knowledge. Already aged former big names like Suarez, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal and Pique, who should be gone long time ago. Very unprepared and still green youngsters from Barca-B, who can not win a starting spot. And several very overpaid "world class" names, who can not fit in our team. This is the reality today. Someone wrote it here few days ago. THE GREAT DAYS OF BARCELONA ARE OVER. It can't be sad any better. We should all realize this situation and move forward.

Raki13

De Jong done it once and it was at 90 minutes in the game , he done absolutely nothing of note the whole match.

Home of Barca Fans