CL | Round 4: FC Barcelona - Slavia Prague 0-0

Givenchy

The team will be eager to bounce back after the last game. Slavia and Celta will be destroyed and when we play Leganés away from home we'll be back to our usual struggle.

It's a neverending circle.

pretty much this. Barca being a different animal at home will always save Valverde. if only we had 3-4 away games in a row...

Latschenkiefer

Come on guys. At home we will easily win this. The problem are the hungerless, sleepy and scared away games. At the Camp Nou it is easy to become motivated and courageous when 80.000 fans cheer for you. But when you have won everything multiple times and are playing a game away from home while 40.000 opponent fans are booing you constantly and your coach is just sitting on the floor it is hard to find a way. I would want to get home and play with my children and my ugly dog as soon as possible too.

For me Valverde is mostly at fault for a boring not barca like play style and a lack of motivational talent and the guts to kick the senior player's asses which he maybe is not allowed to, while the board, sporting directors and scouts are at fault for the signing of expensive players who don't fit the available positions out of galactico reasons. I think that's what Bartomeu is doing. He rejects the good fitting Pedro type player for expensive and bad fitting superstars because the club will eventually earn more money through headlines and sponsors - even if it means to risk an early quarterfinal exit. That also includes to keep junky old star players who still have their names and score a wonder goal from time to time. You can decide on your own who is more to blame or blame nobody because... well ... money is money, screw titles. I think we can all thank Frenkie for fitting in multiple systems because we would have bought him anyway.

Last edited:

LMTR14

when the best thing that can happen tonight is a 0:5 for your team so retardo gets fired, you know you got a game not worth watching :banghead:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
when the best thing that can happen tonight is a 0:5 for your team so retardo gets fired, you know you got a game not worth watching :banghead:

Unfortunately, it really is the current situation - unless & until the team loses by a manita @ home, neither the lazy fans seem like they consider waking up & questioning the team-manager-board nor does the incompetent board seem like they plan to get the team to start performing up to the mark!

The situation @ Camp Nou is so calm, it's like the fiasco against Levante never happened!

Unfortunately, it really is the current situation - unless & until the team loses by a manita @ home, neither the lazy fans seem like they consider waking up & questioning the team-manager-board nor does the incompetent board seem like they plan to get the team to start performing up to the mark!

The situation @ Camp Nou is so calm, it's like the fiasco against Levante never happened!

The only fans who make any noise at the Camp are in the Gol Nord, actually great fans who sing as much as any fans in Europe, but the problem is they will never boo the team/manager/board. Why? Because there are rumours they get perks like free tickets etc. This is not uncommon amongst Spanish fans. Biris, Ultra Sur, Frente Atleti, etc are all the same. That's why you even hear Ivan Rakitic la la la sung at Camp Nou.

Tackle

I don't like this treatment of Rakitic at all.

He was overplayed last season and was forced into the starting XI at all costs. This season the pendulum has swung the other way and he is deliberately being frozen out of the starting Xi with no further recourse.

Not sure what sort of performances the likes of Busquets and Vidal are putting up to continually earn starts, while Rakitic has been permanently banished to the bench. This would have been a perfect match to give the lad a start and reevaluate his level.

Rather disrespectful IMO and Valverde is letting fan pressure influence his tactics and team selection far too much for my liking this season.

serghei

He was overplayed last season and was forced into the starting XI at all costs. This season the pendulum has swung the other way and he is deliberately being frozen out of the starting Xi with no further recourse.

Not sure what sort of performances the likes of Busquets and Vidal are putting up to continually earn starts, while Rakitic has been permanently banished to the bench. This would have been a perfect match to give the lad a start and reevaluate his level.

Rather disrespectful IMO and Valverde is letting fan pressure influence his tactics and team selection far too much for my liking this season.

See? Valverde is an idiot.

KingLeo10

If the fans can influence him, so can the seniors and the board.

He's a yes-man and a doormat with a double digit IQ.

Home of Barca Fans