Has your interest in watching Barca play dropped this season?

Has your interest in watching Barca play dropped this season?

• Yes, mainly beacause of Valverde and his playstyle.

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Yes, but because of the players, not Valverde.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • No, its the same.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • On the contrary it has increased

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • It has, but Valverde and team aren't the reason.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donatello

I used to look forward to the games earlier, now I just don't feel that excited mainly because I know what I am going to get 9 out of 10 times.

Same old lethargic boring football, same subs, same tactics, nearly the same eleven. Slow buildup, no enthusiam from the coach whatsoever.

I want to see what other members think.

Last edited:

FC B

My interest in watching Barca has dropped last season after the Anfield debacle so much I thought I won't watch Barca this season bar a few big games but couldn't just terminate watching all of a sudden.

Imo the main culprits are in that order :

Fartomeu and his shit board
Failverde
The players that advocated for his remaining even after Anfield disaster.

Xaviniesta

i used to watch every game (even the catalan cup game), but now i only watch the big games. fuck u fraudverde

FinBarcelonafan

I used to wait for our games, now i dont care that much if I miss a whole game. Interest level from 10 to maybe 7. I blame Valverde and his shit tactics. Borefest.

The Observer

I've said this a thousand times, Barca will lose at least 50 % of the fanbase after Messi. At least 50 % of the fanbase is only around since 2008 or for Messi. Most don't even remember what a low 80 point season is like anymore.

What's happening now is the normality for Barca, no Koeman or Setien is gonna change shit and bring back 2008 - 2015 vibes just because we have 2 young midfielders. That was the golden era. Golden eras don't last forever.

You're still stuck in the belief that it's purely Valverde and once he's gone we gonna rule. It ain't happening so prepare to abandon ship if you can't deal with this Barca already. It's only getting worse after two of the top 5 scorers in the club's history retire soon.

Donatello

I've said this a thousand times, Barca will lose at least 50 % of the fanbase after Messi. At least 50 % of the fanbase is only around since 2008 or for Messi. Most don't even remember what a low 80 point season is like anymore.

What's happening now is the normality for Barca, no Koeman or Setien is gonna change shit and bring back 2008 - 2015 vibes just because we have 2 young midfielders. That was the golden era. Golden eras don't last forever.

You're still stuck in the belief that it's purely Valverde and once he's gone we gonna rule. It ain't happening so prepare to abandon ship if you can't deal with this Barca already. It's only getting worse after two of the top 5 scorers in the club's history retire soon.

I think people are more pissed off because of the way we are playing, and it isn't giving any good results too. I'd not mind the loss if we played well, but we didn't & its not just one game, there are plenty like this.

This squad is capable of winning CL, even without Messi. But even with Messi, we still struggle against mid table La Liga teams. No one can deny we lack quality players, it might not be a golden era but we are far from a team what we are now under Valverde.

Most people just want a new change, someone who can bring the old swagger back, someone who can utilize pace of the team, someone who is dynamic and adapts to the situation, someone who can make changes and has balls. I know its not easy but we don't even try, we just stick with Valverde.

DAMNit

I am going to be honest, I have only watched one full Barca game including UCLs this season (Villareal).
I can't stand the hideously UGLY one dimensional football we play now. It's nauseating, I just get up and leave at the 30 mins mark.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yes it did, but not just for Valverde. Even though I was never on the EV hate bandwagon, but after failing two times in a row, in the same fashion, in the CL I think it was quite obvious that he's not up for the task to lead Barca anywhere beyond winning the domestic double. So it's a surprise how he's stayed at the job after the Anfield's debacle.

Zidane82

I watch them occasional nowadays . I’d rather watch Liverpool or even Leicester play football like we used to ..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some people are still trying to convince people that Barcelona cannot play better football than what they have been doing for 2-3 years. You have worse teams playing more entertaining football, but somehow that's not possible.

Trophies come and go, some eras you have more, others you have less and that's okay, but playing good, entertaining football should be possible every year.

Playing garbage football most of the season and looking outmatched, outclassed vs. top opponents in the Champions League, heck even in away games in the league is not acceptable.

Home of Barca Fans