Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62

Thread: LaLiga proposes that the 26th-October Classic pass to the Bernabéu

  1. #31
    Member
    devo901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    VIENNA
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    What if Barcelona still riots for the next 2 months? What would happen to our home games?
    I can imagine (means I have no clue) that catalan protests would be a factor if playing against the MADRID Team, as they might show "them" what they think of the verdict(s). Playing against small city teams from Sevilla or Celta Vigo might pose less danger. Cant imagine that they start playing all home matches in the next weeks on the training ground of the national Andorra stadium ;-D

    Apart form that, the fact that Barca-team needs to find its form on the field, as some players have to develop/recover (insury/cards) this shift to December is not bad. Until then hopefully some problems have been sorted and more harmony has been found.
    If you observe something that does not make sense, remember: it's all about the dough!

  2. #32
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    A place where Undercover Ronaldo Fanboys and Forum de Amigos dare not tread.
    Posts
    1,046
    If they don't want to play on the 7th we should insist on the 7th knowing that's the date the league will enforce anyway. This club needs to be more ruthless.

    The situation in Catalunya is largely the fault of Real anyway. Treat the Catalans as equals and nobody would be rioting.

    When you start celebrating the actions of police like Real did, the day after police were bashing in the head of pensioners democratically trying to vote, then you lose any moral ground you were resting on.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Nazario1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    514
    Sad we can't play Rm in their actual form !!!

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,831
    Gutted this is postponed, we’d have destroyed them in Camp Nou or Bernabeu

  5. #35
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,068
    Y’all do know this isn’t our actual form?
    People are boring.

  6. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,815
    yea its sad we cant face RM in their best form. we'll have to just crush them later

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Y’all do know this isn’t our actual form?
    Huh? 1 win 2 draws and 1 loss in the last 3 weeks.... what’s you’re definition of form?

  8. #38
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Huh? 1 win 2 draws and 1 loss in the last 3 weeks.... what’s you’re definition of form?
    What’s yours? Interesting how you cherry pick form from last 3 weeks of fixtures. Why not the time before that? Too far or too covenient to pick games that you actually won with most of your players back? This is after international break with half our regular players missing. Apples to oranges.
    People are boring.

  9. #39
    Member
    devo901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    VIENNA
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Y’all do know this isn’t our actual form?
    may be you mix up 2 scenarios:

    "potential strengh of a team (optimum, everyone is fit and in form)" and

    "current reality (no harmony, lack of focus of some players, no form, a real shituation)"

    The game after the Paris 0:3 loss, against Brugge - 2:2 that was a crucial game, the game against Atleti, this reflects the true real of today ...both a bit unlucky.

    Now I am not saying barca is that much better, but at least our trend shows upwards (+2 lucky CL games), while real loses against a 60 million team mallorca.
    Last edited by devo901; 20th October 2019 at 11:41 AM.
    If you observe something that does not make sense, remember: it's all about the dough!

  10. #40
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,068
    Quote Originally Posted by devo901 View Post
    may be you mix up 2 scenarios:

    "potential strengh of a team (optimum, everyone is fit and in form)" and

    "current reality (no harmony, lack of focus of some players, no form, a real shituation)"

    The game after the Paris 0:3 loss, against Brugge - 2:2 that was a crucial game, this reflects the true real of today ...

    Now I am not saying barca is that much better, but at least our trend shows upwards (+2 lucky CL games), while real loses against a 60 million team mallorca.
    I was with you until the last sentence my dude. Is losing vs Mallorca really that surprising given the lineup and poor system choice? If it isn’t, how is it indicative of our strength or the lack of? Brugge we screwed up when we shouldn’t have at the back but the attackers pulled it back to a draw, which is ok. Here we were practically doomed by clearly wrong tactical ideas, not individual mistakes.

    Funny how nobody was up in arms about playing us before Saturday. Where was all this positivity if you were so confident of our “poor form”?
    People are boring.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What’s yours? Interesting how you cherry pick form from last 3 weeks of fixtures. Why not the time before that? Too far or too covenient to pick games that you actually won with most of your players back? This is after international break with half our regular players missing. Apples to oranges.
    Okay then let’s say 4 weeks at an absolute maximum, that’s 2 wins 2 draws and 1 loss.

    Since when has missing players meant we can’t call it “form”? rotations/injuries are part and parcel of football, every team gets them. Claiming we can’t judge a teams form because they are missing players is ridiculous it’s Real Madrid’s form not “Real Madrid’s starting 11” form. Worst logic ever.

    (I’d say a loss in the Copa with nearly full rotations could be ignored as form, but you had 5/6 starters yesterday in a La Liga game)
    Last edited by Vilarrubi; 20th October 2019 at 11:48 AM.

  12. #42
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Okay then let’s say 4 weeks at an absolute maximum, that’s 2 wins 2 draws and 1 loss.

    Since when has missing players meant we can’t call it “form”? rotations/injuries are part and parcel of football, every team gets them. Claiming we can’t judge a teams form because they are missing players is ridiculous it’s Real Madrid’s form not “Real Madrid’s starting 11” form. Worst logic ever.
    Where do tactics go into the form then? Form is usually judged by consistent performances in a some best-case-scenario setup, not results of any lineup in any circumstance. Again - where was this optimism before Saturday? Were you shy or perhaps you weren’t this sure it’d be so easy as to go and confidently say you’d smash us?

    See? Now you concede rotations do matter. And half the team missing can be as damaging as the entire team. This is not a deep side we have. Kroos missing is a problem. Trying to play Isco as CM is a problem. This is not a normal circumstance.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 20th October 2019 at 11:52 AM.
    People are boring.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Where do tactics go into the form then? Form is usually judged by consistent performances in a some best-case-scenario setup, not results of any lineup in any circumstance. Again - where was this optimism before Saturday? Were you shy or perhaps you weren’t this sure it’d be so easy as to go and confidently say you’d smash us?

    See? Now you concede rotations do matter. And half the team missing can be as damaging as the entire team. This is not a deep side we have. Kroos missing is a problem. Trying to play Isco as CM is a problem. This is not a normal circumstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Calma we’ll win wherever it’s played.
    There you go lol posted in this very thread on Wednesday.

    There’s a big difference between nearly full rotations in the Copa and your team yesterday. A full rotation squad in the Copa would have B team players, yesterday you had Isco, Militao, Jovic, Odriozola filling in the spaces. Big money signings. Claiming we can’t judge a teams form when players of that calibre are playing is ridiculous man.

  14. #44
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    There you go lol posted in this very thread on Wednesday.

    There’s a big difference between nearly full rotations in the Copa and your team yesterday. A full rotation squad in the Copa would have B team players, yesterday you had Isco, Militao, Jovic, Odriozola filling in the spaces. Big money signings. Claiming we can’t judge a teams form when players of that calibre are playing is ridiculous man.
    Money is a completely moot point. It's not a factor if signings are misused tactically.

    Isco has played 33% of total minutes he was available for last season. He played sod-all this season, essentially an equivalent of Rakitić at this point, but with a longer contract. He's 90% finished here and I suspect this last night was basically Zidane saying "OK, you're out tonight, it's your chance to prove you can be a valuable CM in a team that doesn't really play AMs". Which backfired.
    Jović as the lopsided RW is idiotic. Benzema as inside forward would have made far more sense instead of whatever Zidane tried last night.
    Odriozola is rather weak and leaving Carvajal out has been questioned with him being fit during the international break. But that is also on the manager.
    Militao had a poor first half, picked up in the 2nd. Right now he's almost always playing like his mates are. Also, him costing 50M is not a 'big money' signing for a young CB on the market.

    And no, you shouldn't judge by last game. We played 2 CFs, 2 AMs and 1 19-year old winger who isn't a starter, everyone basically out of position with James playing the best of them all as he proved he can. This is not 'form', this was a managerial blunder.

    Also lol - 'we'll win' vs 'we'd have destroyed them'. Yeah, not fooling anyone.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 20th October 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    People are boring.

  15. #45
    Member
    devo901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    VIENNA
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Militao had a poor first half, .............................

    And no, you shouldn't judge by last game. We played 2 CFs, 2 AMs and 1 19-year old winger who isn't a starter, everyone basically out of position with James playing the best of them all as he proved he can. This is not 'form', this was a managerial blunder.
    OK, I agree, yesterday might fall under "special circumstances" and should not be taken to detect a form/trend, but next Tuesday Galatasaray is waiting and right now Real, is placed 4 in CL, if they dont win - it does not look rosy "formwise" and it will take 9 points from 3 matches to make it somehow into the KO phase. That is a lot of pressure....

    regarding Militao: Though, I didnt see him yesterday, but I wish Barca had such a solid option as a CB. I liked him in some of the later liga games.
    If you observe something that does not make sense, remember: it's all about the dough!