Lliga | Round 8: FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC 4-0

Centauri B

Belive me, I do. But what I want even more is to avoid another Anfield disaster, and based on how we play right now there is one waiting for us somewhere during a crucial point this season. I don't want that.
It's just long-term thinking.

It's like mixed feelings about this every game this season so far.

If our players improve (as they should) there will not be another CL disaster. The Inter game really upped my hopes for this team:

a) Messi after a massive absence, returned and reminded us why he has no rival in world football.

b) EV made the right changes in the second half. He has also benched Rakitic this season, which is good. Was very uplifting to see how the sub of Biscuits with Vidal improved the team.

c) Ter Stegen: Spiderman

d) Arthur & FDJ, constantly improving.

e) Suarez despite being bad for 88mns, scores 2 world-class goals.

Our team has not had a proper pre-season, and we had a ton of injuries. We are only just beginning. Also give credit to EV for giving a lot of chances to Fati.

JohnN

I'd love it if we trash them with 4-0 or something. No long term thoughts. It's not gonna help our team if we lose all the time. It will only kill morale.
Let's hope Valverde can make better choices from now on, cause he isn't going anywhere.

Agri

If our players improve (as they should) there will not be another CL disaster. The Inter game really upped my hopes for this team:

a) Messi after a massive absence, returned and reminded us why he has no rival in world football.

b) EV made the right changes in the second half. He has also benched Rakitic this season, which is good. Was very uplifting to see how the sub of Biscuits with Vidal improved the team.

c) Ter Stegen: Spiderman

d) Arthur & FDJ, constantly improving.

e) Suarez despite being bad for 88mns, scores 2 world-class goals.

Our team has not had a proper pre-season, and we had a ton of injuries. We are only just beginning. Also give credit to EV for giving a lot of chances to Fati.

I'd like to be as optimistic as you, and I do like your points. But how I see it – some of your points argues against you. You're pointing out individuals. That is what saved us every time last season (until we faced a way too good team), and still is. We can't rely on that.

Regarding point b) – I gotta see that happen more that just once.

Dude, I hope I'm wrong about this.

Centauri B

I'd like to be as optimistic as you, and I do like your points. But how I see it – some of your points argues against you. You're pointing out individuals. That is what saved us every time last season (until we faced a way too good team), and still is. We can't rely on that.

Regarding point b) – I gotta see that happen more that just once.

Dude, I hope I'm wrong about this.

As for EV, I don't think that he is a manager who does not understand football. The only problem I see with him is that he does not have the charismatic personality of Klopp, Mou or Pep.

But my focus is always on the players, if you have good players, you will get good results.

Gari

EGNnmWDXUAExVj9.jpg
MaTS
SergiR Piqué Todibo Semedo
Vidal De Jong Arthur
Messi Suarez Dembele
Bench:Neto,Alba,Araujo,Sergio,Rakitic,Griezmann,ANSU

Last edited:

Tackle

Any complaints?

I don't think even the most cynical Valverde haters can spin this lineup negatively.

The boss is listening and giving you everything you want.

serghei

If it was Griezmann for Suarez, that would have been my favored lineup for this game.

It is very hard for a manager like Valverde to bench Suarez after he scored 2 goals vs Inter. Hard for almost any manager actually. Semedo and Dembele on the same flank again is great, even if Semedo is off position at leftback.

Any complaints?

I don't think even the most cynical Valverde haters can spin this lineup negatively.

The boss is listening and giving you everything you want.

No, people have noted that he has improved in terms of player selection. More minutes for Todibo and Alena and that's about it, if we are to be picky.

Last edited:

Devils

omdddssss Dembous finally gets to play with Arthur, FDJ and Messi. Finally Dembouz can be UNLEASHED without being constrained by Trashitic and Busi.

Home of Barca Fans