Thomas Partey

gregorrin10

Seems like we already paid atletico 15 million for a first option on Saul and Jimenez. Could Saul be used as a DM?

I don't think so. I just don't see it. He's a CM, but can also play RM and LM, he even plays LB in Simeone's system, like he did last night. But granted, it is hard to judge him or any player in this Atletico 4-4-2 flat formation, so who knows, since Saul usually plays as one of the two CMs with Koke/Partey, he might be good as a DM too, but i'm just not sure about him being the sole DM in the Busquets mold, maybe he'd be better as one of the double pivots in a 4-2-3-1, since that is more similar to playing CM in 4-4-2. As for 4-3-3, his best position is surely CM, either in 'a Xavi role', or even in 'a Iniesta role'. He's certainly more suited to playing as 'Iniesta' (might even be his best position, even better than 'Xavi', as I remember the majority of people saying back when both Xavi and Iniesta were here, and when we got the first option on Saul, that if we'd ever bring him, it'd be as Iniesta's understudy and eventually replacing him. and with also watching Saul, having great attacking instincts and fantastic long shots, he's certainly better when playing closer to the opponent's goal, although he could probably slot as sole DM too when necessary, as he is very well rounded and able to play CM/RM/LM/LB and probably CDM too, it's just about being one of the two CM/CDMs or playing as the sole DM in front of both CBs.

vuji_31

If we are talking about future with De Jong CDM,Arthur CM next to Arthur should be someone like bruno fernandes.Or more ofensive like Ruiz or Havertz.

But we can get CM in the 2021

Jallo

One of the best in the world. Watching him it feels like he is slightly by Simeone's tactics. He is easily the best footballer in Madrid.

50 million clause, so cheap for such a good midfielder. Would add so much dynamic and physical presence to our midfield what we obviously lack. Go get him Barto.

Home of Barca Fans