Andresito

Staff member
1531132108_553293_1531132223_noticia_normal.jpg

Thomas Partey

Full name: Thomas Teye Partey
Born: 13 jun, 1993 in Ghana
Height: 1,85 m
Position: DM/CM

Contract until 30th of june 2023. Apparently has a €50M release clause, and not €80M as first reported when he signed the contract.
Plays as a DM/CM for Atleti, has played RB at times too. For Ghana he plays in a more attacking role and has scored 8 goals in 24 games so far. Very versatile in other words.

50M feels cheap for a player of his calibre.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's the inverse of Kante. Both started as DM's but Partey arguably belongs at CM whereas Kante doesn't.

Riordon

I'm big fan. The problem with him is he is another CM/DM where we already have Arthur and Frenkie.

What we need to compete for the Champions League again is a true DM who loves the art of defending and isn't a donkey on the ball (think Fabinho, Kante, Rodri) and a advanced midfielder who does defensive work (Fabian Ruiz). I need to see more of Florentino Luis from Benfica but he is a great shout for the DM position. Florentino Luis being the ball-winning DM, Frenkie to progress play in the first and second phrase and Fabian Ruiz to perform in the final third. CL-winning midfield.

Regarding Partey, we can bring him if we let Arthur go who I don't rate at all. 50m for Partey is a steal! Had he been more defensive minded, i would have signed him no doubt

Last edited:

gasgas

Nah i think a midfield of

Arthur Partey De Jong

Would be perfect, alternating between dropping deep and advancing forward

FinBarcelonafan

Nah i think a midfield of

Arthur Partey De Jong

Would be perfect, alternating between dropping deep and advancing forward

Exactly. They are all strong defensively, so it's fine we dont have defensive midfielder. I don't think it's issue.

Devils

What does your scouting say about Florentino Luis from Benfica?

I'm off to Portugal to do some scouting in the next month or so. Will report back soon.

Thanks for asking, always happy to discuss my scouting.

Devils.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm off to Portugal to do some scouting in the next month or so. Will report back soon.

Thanks for asking, always happy to discuss my scouting.

Devils.

See you there comrade. Florentino is the last player I need to watch to complete my list of top 20 players of the world.

Alik

I'm big fan. The problem with him is he is another CM/DM where we already have Arthur and Frenkie.

What we need to compete for the Champions League again is a true DM who loves the art of defending and isn't a donkey on the ball (think Fabinho, Kante, Rodri) and a advanced midfielder who does defensive work (Fabian Ruiz). I need to see more of Florentino Luis from Benfica but he is a great shout for the DM position. Florentino Luis being the ball-winning DM, Frenkie to progress play in the first and second phrase and Fabian Ruiz to perform in the final third. CL-winning midfield.

Regarding Partey, we can bring him if we let Arthur go who I don't rate at all. 50m for Partey is a steal! Had he been more defensive minded, i would have signed him no doubt

Why don't you rate Arthur at all?

KingLeo10

I'd pay the 50m today for him. Closest thing to prime Essien.

Chelsea once had a midfield of Lampard (20!! goal a season midfielder), Makelele, and Essien.

I would definitely get Partey to sit behind our 2 midfield maestros in grooming, much like Casemiro behind Modric - Kroos.

Home of Barca Fans