Bruno Guimarães

Newcomer

We need a controlling midfielder who is a true chance creator and with great passing range and good in defense. Basically a Verratti/Thiago. IMO only two young CM?a resemble that profile; Bruno Guimaraes and Ndombele. Bruno probably a bit more.

Probably my top target for our midfield. Lyon is often ready to talk and don?t demand abnormal fees usually.

He has just arrived to Lyon. I doubt they would ideally want to sell him this soon. However, Lyon is in big trouble financially with no CL next season (unless they win CL this year, which is not happening) and the TV rights not being paid due to the early termination of the season. Lyon relies a lot on good transfers to balance their accounts (Ndomb?l? last year for example). Maybe Aouar and Demb?l? will be sold first.

Generally speaking, this is the perfect time for european teams to raid French clubs. The early termination of the league means this league is done financially. French clubs are broke.

Last edited:

Riordon

Agree Lyon will probably sell Aouar and Dembele before they sell this guy.

And I don?t think we should raid broke clubs, Lyon is a great club who deserve respect and they constantly produce great talent so we should be on nice terms with them IMO.

Jcar

We need a controlling midfielder who is a true chance creator and with great passing range and good in defense. Basically a Verratti/Thiago. IMO only two young CM?a resemble that profile; Bruno Guimaraes and Ndombele. Bruno probably a bit more.

Probably my top target for our midfield. Lyon is often ready to talk and don?t demand abnormal fees usually.

For me, Bruno's true position is DM. But he were so much better than the others in Brazil that they played him as a CM. For now, he is more a box-to-box CM than a controller. But he is more incisive than Arthur while attacking.

Great vision, good pass, really fast and strong. If Barcelona buys him, he is going to be a DM in the end. Future of Brazil.

Last edited:

Porque

Nah, Lyon won't sell.

There in a spot of financial difficulties so some players will have to go. Especially if Ligue1 doesn't resume and they have no CL income next season.

Dembele will go. Aouar could but then again he is so young that they could hold onto him another season.

On the other hand Bruno can be a quick flip for them. I'm sure they still have instalments going out to Paranese so with a sale those could just be transferred over to the new owners.

In terms of finances, I don't see it out of the realms of possiblities.

Newcomer

There in a spot of financial difficulties so some players will have to go. Especially if Ligue1 doesn't resume and they have no CL income next season.

Dembele will go. Aouar could but then again he is so young that they could hold onto him another season.

On the other hand Bruno can be a quick flip for them. I'm sure they still have instalments going out to Paranese so with a sale those could just be transferred over to the new owners.

In terms of finances, I don't see it out of the realms of possiblities.

It is way better for them to sell Aouar. Aouar is from their academy, thus they will make a bigger net profit. Aouar is also their most valuable player at the moment and wanted by several big clubs which means they can get a good fee despite the crisis. Aouar is there since his beginning and might want to make a new experience while BG is just starting this new chapter of his career.

For all those reasons, i really think a sale of BG is unlikely this year, unless an out-of-this-world offer comes for him. And this is unlikely with the crisis. We will see less big transfers, more trades this season before it all ramp up as situation goes back to normal.

Porque

It is way better for them to sell Aouar. Aouar is from their academy, thus they will make a bigger net profit. Aouar is also their most valuable player at the moment and wanted by several big clubs which means they can get a good fee despite the crisis. Aouar is there since his beginning and might want to make a new experience while BG is just starting this new chapter of his career.

For all those reasons, i really think a sale of BG is unlikely this year, unless an out-of-this-world offer comes for him. And this is unlikely with the crisis. We will see less big transfers, more trades this season before it all ramp up as situation goes back to normal.

That's fair. I guess Lyon would be ballparking 100m raised by Aouar (40-50) and Dembele (50-60) in that scenario. Bruno would probably be 30-35 compared which is still a strong (and quick) ROI.

It depends on what the market rates will be this summer with the crisis. How much more growth is there in Bruno's price in a stronger market given his position and profile. I doubt much more than 35m to be honest.

Comparatively can Aouar go for much more next summer if they decide to hold?

All of this is just speculating on how the pricing will be affected in this market thanks to the outbreak. I just think that Lyon would consider selling BG for the right ROI as it is a position that Ligue1 seems to produce 500 interesting players every year at to replace him with.

vuji_31

Well Lyon will not play CL and EL so they will sell a lot . I don't see Dembele going enywhere because nobody will risk 70mil for him.
Aouar maybe to Juve or City but it is not much likley.

Andresito

Staff member
For me, Bruno's true position is DM. But he were so much better than the others in Brazil that they played him as a CM. For now, he is more a box-to-box CM than a controller. But he is more incisive than Arthur while attacking.

Great vision, good pass, really fast and strong. If Barcelona buys him, he is going to be a DM in the end. Future of Brazil.

Tbh you make it sound like he can play the Vidal role, which I like.
Pairing him with Frenkie and Arthur could be the way to go. I don't think Frenkie will play anywhere else than DM when Busi is gone from the XI so could be tough for Bruno to play DM with Frenkie available.

I must admit I've seen far too little of Bruno though.

LABarcaFan

Well Lyon will not play CL and EL so they will sell a lot . I don't see Dembele going enywhere because nobody will risk 70mil for him.
Aouar maybe to Juve or City but it is not much likley.

Why do you think Aouar will go to Juve or City? He can be a perfect signing for Barcelona. If Lyon start selling, he definitely will be the first one @ 50 m. euro.

Thiago10

Don't mean to nitpick but making a bigger net profit doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have any impact on Lyon's decision. All that matters is how much they could sell each player for. Sunk costs (Bruno's transfer fee) don't affect current business decisions. You are however right that Aouaur is more valuable and would give Lyon some quick and heavy cash.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Don't mean to nitpick but making a bigger net profit doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have any impact on Lyon's decision. All that matters is how much they could sell each player for. Sunk costs (Bruno's transfer fee) don't affect business decisions. You are however right that Aouaur is more valuable and would give Lyon some quick and heavy cash.

Profit on the player does matter for FFP etc.

They gain more on their accounts for player they paid nothing for.

Home of Barca Fans