CL | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Inter Milan 2-1

devo901

Don't know about that. Griezmann looks like a puppy dog craving affection when he is around Messi. Antoine said in the interview that he hasn't had a chance to talk much because Messi has been injured. But I do think Messi and Co. wanted Neymar, and might have been unhappy that Barca paid his release clause in July. Where theres smoke theres fire

I also believe that Messi wants Neymar not antoni.

Quiet or not quiet, but they do not like each other (at least Messi not liking Griez),

on the field what I observe.... they dont interact (verbally/nonverbally) seek each other, ...link up, set up 1-2s, it is not a good chemistry.

there is better chemestry between dembele and messi - you see that how messi reacts when dembele does something. (yesterday - nodding, giving him a thumbs up and so on...- never seen that in the direction of griezssmann)

too bad 100million wasted...

EdmondDantes

Just got done watching the game since I was busy last night.

Although they played better than us in the first half, losing the game serves these bus-parking cunts right.

Back 3 my arse, Conte played with a back 5 and 3 sitting right in front of them. No wing-backs at all.

Our front 3 with Griezmann looks stale. We need Dembele's speed since Suarez and Messi will always play regardless. It's looking like another Coutinho sadly.

malvolio

There are still 4 games to play. I wouldn't assume qualification. Alot of us thought we'd get past Liverpool but in the back of our minds we knew there was a big chance we'd fuck up at Anfield.

it's done bruh. we get 6 points from the slavia matches and at least 1-3 from dortmund/inter. group stage is a joke for big teams.

ATLBarcaFan

Just got done watching the game since I was busy last night.

Although they played better than us in the first half, losing the game serves these bus-parking cunts right.

Back 3 my arse, Conte played with a back 5 and 3 sitting right in front of them. No wing-backs at all.

Our front 3 with Griezmann looks stale. We need Dembele's speed since Suarez and Messi will always play regardless. It's looking like another Coutinho sadly.

I'd like to see a front 3 of Dembele Griez and Messi get a run for a few games

eaman

I also believe that Messi wants Neymar not antoni.

Quiet or not quiet, but they do not like each other (at least Messi not liking Griez),

on the field what I observe.... they dont interact (verbally/nonverbally) seek each other, ...link up, set up 1-2s, it is not a good chemistry.

there is better chemestry between dembele and messi - you see that how messi reacts when dembele does something. (yesterday - nodding, giving him a thumbs up and so on...- never seen that in the direction of griezssmann)

too bad 100million wasted...

Of course he wants neymar because neymar is a better player and left forward but to say he doesn't like griezmann is stupid. You cant say things you dont know for sure. I saw messi trying to link up with him last night but griezmann was caught on his heels for a couple of one twos and both of them also looked pretty happy after messi assisted his goal against Villarreal. Dont be listening to the media on these kinds of things

Horatio

You're welcome
I thought Messi held too much power at Barca and had a say in the transfer policy? So why if Messi doesn’t like Griezmann he is here at all?

devo901

I thought Messi held too much power at Barca and had a say in the transfer policy? So why if Messi doesn’t like Griezmann he is here at all?

True, maybe he is here as a backup - once the old guys are gone... back in Summer no one knew if Dembele leaves, and so on...
Given that we play constantly with 3 fwds ... insure prone yellow cards, rotation, makes sense to have many of them...

JohnN

Apart from some chances Inter created, we were pretty good, especially in the second half, we absolutely dominated them. Our key problems until now are defensive blunders and chance creation.

Our midfield seems much better than last year, even if one of the two main problems remains (a.k.a Busquets). At least the other problem seems to be gone (a.k.a Rakitic).

Our chance creation is bound to be problematic with Messi out or not 100% fit. Also, Alba missing makes us even worse in that aspect.
We shouldn't criticize Arthur and FDJ for this so much, until Messi and Alba are fully fit. It's not like Rakitic was ever some kind of chance creation machine even more in his current form.
Still, a more attacking player (a.k.a Alena, Puig) should play with them, so FDJ can play his CDM role, which he does great, and replace Busquets once and for all. Our defence then would get much better too.

As for Griezmann, he cannot offer much in the LW position, at least not until he has Alba/Firpo playing that side, so he can cut in and operate more centrally.
Dembele perhaps didn't have his best game, but he was much better suited to our system.

All that being said, we should wait and see how the team is able to perform when everyone is healthy and match fit. We will also see what is Valverde's actual plan for the lineups, because until now he has been forced to test many things, due to injuries.

Wouldn't this lineup be interesting?

Default:
---------------------- Mats ----------------------
---------------------------------------------------
-----Semedo---------Pique---------Todibo------
--------------FDJ------------Arthur--------------
--Dembele-------------------------------Alba---
-------------------------Griezmann--------------
-----------Messi----------------------------------
---------------------Suarez----------------------