Lliga | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Villarreal CF 2-1

malvolio

Wtf are Messi, FDJ and MAtS going to Milan when they have a game tomorrow?! Can't someone else pick the awards for them?

BarcaVillain

Don't want to see Suarez play for a while.

Fati-Griezmann-Messi to lead the line

I'd love to see it but we know Suarez will start.

I'd go with

Ter Stegen
Semedo
Pique
Lenglet
Roberto
FDJ
Arthur
Busi
Messi
Greizmann
Fati

Give Dembele half an hour off the bench. It won't happen though of course.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to see it but we know Suarez will start.

I'd go with

Ter Stegen
Semedo
Pique
Lenglet
Roberto
FDJ
Arthur
Busi
Messi
Greizmann
Fati

Give Dembele half an hour off the bench. It won't happen though of course.

Dont want to see Busquets either. :lol:

PhilS

Greizmann and De Jong can't play twice every week, I'd think that one or both would rest this game.

Same with Pique and Lenglet, both can't start twice every week.

Arthur looked relatively good last game, since he did not play. Messi and Fati looked a lot better than the guys they replaced. Vidal must be punished for that pen, I'd say about a month of no playing time would be about right. It's really too bad that Firpo seems unable to play defense at the professional level, just Roberto and Semedo as the only options at FB, not good.

Vilarrubi

In this situation it’s annoying how good we are at home, I honestly believe we could not have a manager and still win the majority of our home games. The time when a manager has chance to implement his style/tactics is away games and we are absolutely pathetic in away games with Valverde... it’s a shame this game isn’t away at Villarreal, still hoping for a Villarreal win, can’t believe its come to this.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Dont want to see Busquets either. :lol:

I thought the Biscuits, De Jong and Arthur midfield looked really solid actually. They complimented each other well. Suarez has got to be benched but I would give Firpo another go because Semedo is not a LB and neither is Bobby.

Leo_Messi

Such a dillema. Do you want the team to drop points in order to improve the possibility of a Malmierda sacking and thus likely increase the gap in points between us, Real Madrid and Atlético de Madrid, or do you somehow convince yourself of it being a necessary evil to support Villarreal?

I find it incredibly hard to deliberately wish for Barça to fail but this might be one such instance. Sadly, I have zero faith in our useless, spineless, parasitic and cancerous board so I don't expect them to sack Malmierda even if we end up losing 0-3 while both our Madrid rivals win their respective games.

Malmierda and the spineless inactivity of the board has made me more disillusioned than ever before. I hardly look forward to our games anymore. The whole atmosphere that surrounds the club and our fanbase is horrible as well.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Not in surprising news but Fati is ahead of Perez in the pecking order when everyone is available.

serghei

Lol, the squad is way too valuable and filled with top players for Valverde to hit rock bottom with this side. It's the player quality that has kept Valverde in his position for this long. If we had an average squad, Valverde would've had the fate of Moyes at Manchester United.

Which makes it more hilarious when people actually say the players are letting Valverde down. :rofl1: How fucking clueless do you have to be to believe that. This squad auto-piloted themselves to two back to back La Ligas. Hell, we were so close to win a treble with fucking Ernesto Valverde as a manager.

So, this squad, with this clown in charge, almost won a treble last season. But the incompetence of the manager was too much in the end.

The squad was nearly good enough to turn an incompetent like Valverde into a treble winner. And this year, we improved it with two world class players like De Jong and Griezmann. Imagine these players under someone like Klopp or Guardiola. :lol: Would be a massacre every week.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guardiola left because he couldn't motivate these players anymore (his words) so your claim doesn't make sense.
Can't imagine Pep coached team that requires movement off the ball and press to carry 4 players with no legs.

serghei

Guardiola left because he couldn't motivate these players anymore (his words) so your claim doesn't make sense.
Can't imagine Pep coached team that requires movement off the ball and press to carry 4 players with no legs.

Replace Suarez with Griezmann. 1 is out.
Replace Busi with Frenkie. 2nd is out.

What other players have no legs? Messi? He's such a difference maker that Guardiola would find a way to deal with his lower workrate just like he did in 2011. That's not even discussion the possibility that Messi would be able to give more under a better manager.

Griezmann is a perfect player for Guardiola. So are De Jong, and Arthur, Semedo.

There's no doubt in my mind that if we had Guardiola last season we would've won the treble looking at the competition in Spain and Europe. In Spain the double would've been guaranteed and in Europe we would've beaten Liverpool missing their best players no doubt.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Replace Suarez with Griezmann. 1 is out.
Replace Busi with Frenkie. 2nd is out.

What other players have no legs? Messi? He's such a difference maker that Guardiola would find a way to deal with his lower workrate just like he did in 2011. That's not even discussion the possibility that Messi would be able to give more under a better manager.

Griezmann is a perfect player for Guardiola. So are De Jong, and Arthur, Semedo.

There's no doubt in my mind that if we had Guardiola last season we would've won the treble looking at the competition in Spain and Europe.

Add Pique who would be first to go had pep stayed. As for Semedo, he is utterly useless on opposition half. Trait unseen in history of Barca full-backs.

Home of Barca Fans