Lliga | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Villarreal CF 2-1

serghei

Add Pique who would be first to go had pep stayed. As for Semedo, he is utterly useless on opposition half. Trait unseen in history of Barca full-backs.

No, he is utterly useless under Valverde in the opposition half because Valverde is a moron who doesn't have a system. You put Kyle Walker into this team and he will look like a pub player under Valverde in less than 1 month.

As for Pique he is better than all Man City defenders.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd like to see Todibo start.

Semedo, Piqué, Todibo, Firpo
Frenkie, Busquets, Arthur
Messi, Griezmann, Fati

Don't think Suárez will be benched though. Frenkie might be rested, if that's the case I'm hoping for Aleña rather than Roberto.

snowy

No, he is utterly useless under Valverde in the opposition half because Valverde is a moron who doesn't have a system. You put Kyle Walker into this team and he will look like a pub player under Valverde in less than 1 month.

As for Pique he is better than all Man City defenders ... ... ... when his head is not is not in da ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Love Shak.

Corrected it for you :pique1:

Sem just needs to take more shots at goal. He's good in 1v1s, he's speedy but so far every1's been ignoring his runs. It's like he's the Invisible Man!
+ he almost did score against watz their name when he hit the post and Pique finished it.

Fret not folks, Crystal ball says we take the next 13 games, straight wins till Athletico on Dec 1st. Wizard of Ouz and Neo are back, we got this! Valv is just there to provide shade. Playas be playin

on Auto Mode :cool:

Last edited:

devo901

mats
semedo lenglet pique firpo
fdj arthur vidal
messi griss dembele

1. we can talk if busi is better than vidal. ok...
But vidal was very active when he came for raki in granada - I liked that - even no real goal chance was created by him but he appeared alive, in contrast to busi in the last game he made.

2. I would stick with firpo, even if he cost us the 1-0 with 2 blunders, no reason to bring in on someone, who is on paper even worse.

3. dembele or suarez .... depends on how fit dembele really is, .... but he has legs. Probably, messi will insinst playing with his buddy Choppers Aloisius Suarez, and given messi can link 10 times better with luis than with dembele AND game might be very static again and they stand deep in their own half, which is not dembeles type of play... we will see louis. :/

4. semedo is not worldclass, but do we have an alternative?

mc_lovin

I couldnt care too much about our formation (though I dont want to see Vidal - he was absurdly bad vs Granada), but I really want us to go out and try to fix Griezmanns position. No more LW bullshit, please.

JohnN

One senior player in each line should be enough.
Messi up front.
Busi in the middle.
Pique at the back.
Don't play Suarez from the start. He is out of form.
Play Semedo in his position. He can't play on the left.
Trust Firpo with one more game. He is our only LB backup.
Trust Alena at some point in the game. He hasn't done anything wrong.
Don't rush Dembele back. Obvious reasons..
Maybe give todibo a chance, since Lenglet hasn't been so good lately.
Basic stuff Valverde cannot do.

PhilS

Teams have cycles. Lifespans. Barca had an amazing run, which lasted quite a few years. Now the team is getting into the rebuild portion of the cycle, which will not be glorious. The last remaining of the old guard will decline, depart or retire. I expect Messi will leave, there is no reason for him to stick around during this next phase.

serghei

Teams have cycles. Lifespans. Barca had an amazing run, which lasted quite a few years. Now the team is getting into the rebuild portion of the cycle, which will not be glorious. The last remaining of the old guard will decline, depart or retire. I expect Messi will leave, there is no reason for him to stick around during this next phase.

Of course the rebuilding can't be great if you have incompetents in charge of doing it.

Sasuke85

Honestly I hope we will continue to lose this match, and I hope we will keep losing until EV is sacked. I can't take it anymore.

We need a new coach. Xavi is a good candidate.

Honestly I hope we will continue to lose this match, and I hope we will keep losing until EV is sacked. I can't take it anymore.

We need a new coach. Xavi is a good candidate.

I hope we lose and that EV ass would be sacked. It's time for him to leave Barcelona!!!
I don´t know if Xavi would be good replace, he said himself that he isn´t ready.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We're gonna crush them. Wonder if Valverde feel embarrassed enough finally to stir some fire.

Andresito

Staff member
It'll be as usual: we're going to smash them and everyone will think "Barca is back", after that we'll drop points away from home again.

snowy

yeahhhh.... not a given at all we smash'em. We take the win cuz our players must be raging inside and starving for goals.

We still don't know which coach will show up. El EV_il Stubborno or Evalv 2.0. If he plays his go2 snail midfield + bob at RB and Sem at LB + Lenglet in CB, it's gonna be leak goals galore. Toko el loco, Moreno, GoodLuckChuk, Rambo Ang and Miso Moist and are all dressed up and ready for action. Calleja plays an aggressive game so he'll leak goals as well.

Likely, we win it 4-2.

Zany day scenario, we take it 6-4. Seeing 1 penalty on both sides and possibly a red card! Meesa Psychic mode!

JPM85

I would take a loss if that means Valverde get sacked, but as that will never happen and Barto will let the shitshow continue well into March'20 before firing him.
So please give us a show, make sure the gap stays in reach for a title campaign in the end.

LMTR14

we lose this game and EV might get sacked?

as we've already seen one on saturday, it would be ko #2 of 3. 3 knockdowns and he's out

but facing the dilemma of "valverde out" vs messi's legacy I prefer that we win tonight, if (and only if) messi scores at least once to improve his ballon d'or chances. ideally he scores 3 and we lose 3:4 :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans