Date of Birth: December 19, 1997

Place of Birth: Sao Paulo

Height: 5'9 (1.75m)

Citizenship: Brazil

Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield

Foot: Right

Current club: Gremio

-

First saw this lad in the Toulon U23 tournament this past summer - and thought he should have won Player of the Tournament over Douglas Luiz - only to find out he's the player who Gremio came up with to fill Arthur's spot in their midfield.

He's now just been called by Tite for the first time and there's a chance the two will play together at last

[tw]1175062229416390656[/tw]

[youtube]evJBqgPSfs4[/youtube]
He's another diminutive, press-resistant player who's a great dribbler and combative off the ball. He's a CDM/CM so goals/assists are not his forte as of now.

Needless to say he's a player we won't be looking at since we're stacked in midfield and we need a different type of player more in the Dani Olmo mould, or even Ruiz. But the likes of Arsenal should be keeping an eye on him.

aceshigh

If everything goes right, he should not leave so soon. It's a shame we never were able to field him and Arthur together.

Grêmio is one of the few Brazilian clubs that is consistently getting superavits and zeroing debts.

That means that, unlike other Brazilian clubs, we are able to hold it talent and ask for more money from European clubs.

That's why Everton wasn't sold yet, despite being the very best player at Copa America. Or the awesome Jean Pierre.

SeloBarca

Looks good.
But i dont think we need another controlling midfielder now when we have De Jong and Arthur.
Would rather get a quicker AM that can break through like Iniesta did.

Riordon

[MENTION=19659]EdmondDantes[/MENTION]

Sorry to hijack this thread but what are your evaluation so far of Bruno Fuchs? Still early but man that guy looks some CB....

EdmondDantes

[MENTION=19659]EdmondDantes[/MENTION]

Sorry to hijack this thread but what are your evaluation so far of Bruno Fuchs? Still early but man that guy looks some CB....

The only thing I know about him is he was called up for Brazil's U23 squad to play in the Toulon tournament I watched in the summer. He didn't play much since he was their youngest CB. Given the little I've seen of him, he's a tall, elegant-on-the-ball type like Pique.

brunofuchs_nova2019.jpg

Internacional have one of the best looking kits in South America, the lad sure looks good in it. I presume he's doing well for them since you're asking about him but I don't watch Brazilian football these days.

Riordon

The only thing I know about him is he was called up for Brazil's U23 squad to play in the Toulon tournament I watched in the summer. He didn't play much since he was their youngest CB. Given the little I've seen of him, he's a tall, elegant-on-the-ball type like Pique.

Internacional have one of the best looking kits in South America, the lad sure looks good in it. I presume he's doing well for them since you're asking about him but I don't watch Brazilian football these days.

There is a shitload in South America these days, we could find a gem or two IMO. Matheus Henrique also looks quality but think we have that role covered for now.

EdmondDantes

There is a shitload in South America these days, we could find a gem or two IMO. Matheus Henrique also looks quality but think we have that role covered for now.

There's indeed.

I read we're following Ecuador's Johan Mina this U17 World Cup - they say he's the biggest talent in the tournament after our own Pedri.

1571995089870.jpg

-

Another player we're following according to Mundo Deportivo is the right back Yan Couto.

I watched the tournament's opening fixture (Brazil x Canada) last night and he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Brutal speed/acceleration/agility, close control, dribbling, crossing as well as one-touch passing in tight spaces.

[youtube]SdeeiwQXDy8[/youtube]

1530fabiano-foto-yan-couto-WEB.jpg

Riordon

There's indeed.

I read we're following Ecuador's Johan Mina this U17 World Cup - they say he's the biggest talent in the tournament after our own Pedri.

1571995089870.jpg

-

Another player we're following according to Mundo Deportivo is the right back Yan Couto.

I watched the tournament's opening fixture (Brazil x Canada) last night and he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Brutal speed/acceleration/agility, close control, dribbling, crossing as well as one-touch passing in tight spaces.

Saw the article too, and the RB indeed looks interesting. Also some nice talent in the attacking four of Brazil. Good thing is that we have good scouting network there so hopefully won't miss anything.

EdmondDantes

Saw the article too, and the RB indeed looks interesting. Also some nice talent in the attacking four of Brazil. Good thing is that we have good scouting network there so hopefully won't miss anything.

There's 200 odd registered scouts in this U17 WC. So we're not alone but we have that Barca pulling power though, should we like a player, it's easy pickings for us.

-
As for Matheus Henrique, he's another player somewhat in the Xavi mould, but more defensive. The board must be thinking, 'since Arthur made an easy transition to European football, this guy probably will do too'. In terms of business we could pick him up for 30 mil and within a year he will be worth 70.

But from a footballing perspective, it makes no sense since we're stacked in that skill set already - with De Jong & Arthur for the long haul, and Busquets isn't leaving any time soon either. If I were Arsenal, I'd buy him in a second. Him next to Guendouzi would be incredible.

-

Edit:

[tw]1188255633633615872[/tw]

So apparently this Fuchs lad played yesterday and did well. I had no idea he was playing first team football already.

Last edited:

Porque

There's indeed.

1571995089870.jpg

Did anyone watch the Ecuador game to know how he performed?

Nishikawa is also in the Japan side, who we look set to sign once he hits 18.

Other than that, how come Xavi Simons did not make the Netherlands side? Not good enough???

Lastly, perhaps a Future stars thread to follow these young upcoming talents.

EdmondDantes

Did anyone watch the Ecuador game to know how he performed?

Nishikawa is also in the Japan side, who we look set to sign once he hits 18.

Other than that, how come Xavi Simons did not make the Netherlands side? Not good enough???

Lastly, perhaps a Future stars thread to follow these young upcoming talents.

Braz x Can ended at 11pm here. I was tired and crashed. I see that Ecuador beat Australia 2 x 1 - but other than that I've no idea.

I thought about making a U17 World Cup thread but one for up-and-coming talents sounds like a better idea.

FC433

Very interesting player. I liked what I saw.

Home of Barca Fans