Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 5

Saturday 21st of September 2019, 21:00CET

Fn_X2IO4-1ACuTemcHkDEw_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

4th away match this season and hopefully we nick a win finally.

EdmondDantes

I think Valverde will start Rakitic for Busquets.

Arthur & Frenkie are flying, running the most, working the hardest along with Antoine, there's no point resting either of them.

Firpo for Alba or Sergi at right back and Semedo at left back again?

Will Messi start?

Last edited:

devo901

I think Valverde will start Rakitic for Busquets.

Will Messi start?

Nice idea with raki for busi - isnt FDJ the long term replace for busi in the middle?

regarding messi... imho, not likely start, but coming 2nd leg, when the enemy is a bit teared down/tired physically...

EdmondDantes

Nice idea with raki for busi - isnt FDJ the long term replace for busi in the middle?

regarding messi... imho, not likely start, but coming 2nd leg, when the enemy is a bit teared down/tired physically...

Not my idea at all, I'd have sold Rakitic in the summer but I'm just trying to predict what Ernesto will do. Mundo Deportivo also seem to think Rakitic will start, but then again they've been lobbying for him all summer.

Although Rakitic didn't play well when he came on vs Dortmund, those 3 did have ~20 minutes together, couple that with Valverde's automatic predilection for Ivan, he will probably be fast-tracked to the starting 11 again given he's also now looking to rest Busquets, unlike last season.

As long as he keeps Frenkie and Arthur together I'm happy. They've been great on the ball, they have been getting goals and assists, and they're putting in the hard work off the ball (running 12 km a game, interceptions, recoveries, etc). There's no reason for them not to start.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Granada seem to be doing well so far this season while we seem to be unable to win away from home. Will be a tough match, no doubt.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We could use some rotations. Schedule is congested and we have Villarreal coming on Tuesday already.

Would be nice to see Firpo for a change. Alena and Todino deserve minutes as well.

Messi983

We could use some rotations. Schedule is congested and we have Villarreal coming on Tuesday already.

Would be nice to see Firpo for a change. Alena and Todino deserve minutes as well.

Alba is injured so Firpo will play for sure. Could also see Raki/Vidal starting for Busi and maybe C. Perez with Messi coming on in 2nd half.

I would prefer a bit more rotations at home against Villarreal than in this game though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[formation=barca,6]
Mats
0-0-Todibo-0-Lenglet-0-0
Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Firpo
0-0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0
0-0-Frenkie-0-Vidal-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Fati
0-0-0-Griezmann-0-0-0
[/formation]

JohnN

Alena should get a chance in this one along with Arthur and FDJ at CDM. No Rakitic, Busquets for this game please.

gasgas

Alena should get a chance in this one along with Arthur and FDJ at CDM. No Rakitic, Busquets for this game please.

We may be surprised to find alena frankie arthur turns out to be the midfield combo we are looking for

Home of Barca Fans