Lliga | Round 5: Granada - FC Barcelona 2-0

JohnN

We may be surprised to find alena frankie arthur turns out to be the midfield combo we are looking for

At least Valverde has many toys to play with.
Joking aside, with all these players, there must be a suited lineup.

gasgas

I dont think there's a team where the ball is passed to the defensive players (cb,rb,lb,gk) so frequently as we do.

Then we are surprised at our low chance creation.

I look at other teams and the ball transitions are quite fast.
In no time the ball had already reached the chance creators.

Dunno if it's lack of movement, hesitation by players on the ball but whatever it is, makes our games especially away, unwatchable

Gaudi

I dont think there's a team where the ball is passed to the defensive players (cb,rb,lb,gk) so frequently as we do.

Then we are surprised at our low chance creation.

I look at other teams and the ball transitions are quite fast.
In no time the ball had already reached the chance creators.

Dunno if it's lack of movement, hesitation by players on the ball but whatever it is, makes our games especially away, unwatchable

misinpretation of tiki taka, slow static movement, only ball to the feet...

serghei

I think he should be approaching sacking danger if we don't win this and Villareal 3 days later.

Horatio

You're welcome

The fact that a lot of teams stay on their own half when we have possession has a lot to do with it though.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd like to see us actually play with two wingers (Perez & Fati), start Griezmann over Suarez and let Leo play as striker in a 3-4-3. Similar to what Valverde employed against Levante last season

xXKonan

EE7VlEdX4AIcLEj

Squad list.

soul24rage

Me thinks

MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Jr.---DJ, Busi, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Griezzy

Subs: Neto, Todibo, Bob, Ivan, Vidal, Perez, Fati

Gari

no. Dembélé has not yet fully recovered, Alba and Umtiti are injured, Aleña and Wague have been discarded.

EdmondDantes

Me thinks

MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Jr.---DJ, Busi, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Griezzy

Subs: Neto, Todibo, Bob, Ivan, Vidal, Perez, Fati

Will he start Junior though?

If Roberto doesn't play at right back with Semedo on the left, I now think he will start in midfield if Valverde decides to rest Busquets.

At first I thought Rakitic would start but looking at it again, since he looked poor when he came on against Dortmund, Sergi might sneaky in with Frenkie in the pivot.

-

Now, if Busquets is fine, I would start the same midfield.

soul24rage

Will he start Junior though?

If Roberto doesn't play at right back with Semedo on the left, I now think he will start in midfield if Valverde decides to rest Busquets.

At first I thought Rakitic would start but looking at it again, since he looked poor when he came on against Dortmund, Sergi might sneaky in with Frenkie in the pivot.

-

Now, if Busquets is fine, I would start the same midfield.

He has to start Jr. as this is the main reason why we bought him. Otherwise there's no point in his purchase.

If EV thinks that DJ, Busi and Arthur are his best midfield, then I think that EV would play them to build up chemistry between themselves and to get used to the movement of the front three.

Probably think it would be wiser to rotate in home games.

EdmondDantes

He has to start Jr. as this is the main reason why we bought him. Otherwise there's no point in his purchase.

If EV thinks that DJ, Busi and Arthur are his best midfield, then I think that EV would play them to build up chemistry between themselves and to get used to the movement of the front three.

Probably think it would be wiser to rotate in home games.

True but Valverde typically gives players their full debuts at home. But I suppose needs must.

Just seen Ernesto's presser:

He said it's very possible there will be changes in midfield because we played on Tuesday, and now Saturday and will play on Tuesday again..

Now I'm thinking there will be more than one in midfield alone.

serghei

Ernesto better remember that we have won 2 points out of possible 9 away from home so far. That is simply terrible. This is a must win game, we have to go 6/6 vs Granada and Villareal.

Riordon

We will lose points again as we are fucking shit away Fromm Camp Nou. Predicting a slow and boring game from our side with few chances created.

I’m here for the surprise though.

Home of Barca Fans