Idrissa Gueye

fergus90

I’m an Aston Villa fan and we had Gueye for a season back in 15/16. Whilst he was decent enough for us you’d of never thought he’d be where is now. He’s developed a lot, fair play to him.

Riordon

Masterclass vs Real. I wanted him last summer but as always we don’t go for mid table PL players even though they go pretty cheap. I also wanted Kante.

While DM’s like Fabinho dominate their zone, Gueye moans around with his intensity. Hope we can find like them.

Fabinho, Kante, Rodri and Gueye are the best DM’s out there. Hope we can find one like them soon. They simply love the art of defending and are great on the ball.

DAMNit

Masterclass vs Real. I wanted him last summer but as always we don’t go for mid table PL players even though they go pretty cheap. I also wanted Kante.

While DM’s like Fabinho dominate their zone, Gueye moans around with his intensity. Hope we can find like them.

Fabinho, Kante, Rodri and Gueye are the best DM’s out there. Hope we can find one like them soon. They simply love the art of defending and are great on the ball.

Sorry to break it to you bro, but a certain Wilfred Ndidi actually bested all those DMs you mentioned in the PL last season. Gueye only moved to PSG over him because Tuchel wanted Gueye in particular... As for Rodri, don't make me laugh. City fans are already complaining about how easy it is to go past him as evident in last weeks game. I am a member of PSG's reddit and Bluemoon forum.

Porque

Was great against Madrid but he had so much space and time on the ball that even Stephen Sunday would look a dime. With Everton you could see his distribution struggled under pressure and his passing was not great.

Adversus

I'm surprised with so many players going to Everton from Barca that none of you realized how good he was. We were very lucky to have him but it was the right time for him to move on as it would have been a shame if he hadn't of played at the highest level. We did that to Baines and it wasn't worth it. Although had PSG just met our asking price they would have had him last January and probably won the CL. His passing isn't the strongest part of his game but at PSG there are others that do that which is why he worked so well with Gomes.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Even André Gomes dominated against Real Madrid.

Difference is, Madrid then was a Europa League contender, now they're a mid/bottom tier club.

Riordon

I'm surprised with so many players going to Everton from Barca that none of you realized how good he was. We were very lucky to have him but it was the right time for him to move on as it would have been a shame if he hadn't of played at the highest level. We did that to Baines and it wasn't worth it. Although had PSG just met our asking price they would have had him last January and probably won the CL. His passing isn't the strongest part of his game but at PSG there are others that do that which is why he worked so well with Gomes.

Agree. Although I think his passing is quite decent. You don’t need three controllers in midfield. You can go with a controller (Arthur/De Jong) and a high volume passer who can do the defensive work and compensate for the front three. That’s the best combination IMO.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
too early to say anything, Real Madrid was very underperforming. we will get to see a better picture at Bernabeu

Lutece FC

I was sceptical on him but i was wrong. His first matches, with a very short preparation (after the CAN), showed us that he is great.

Catta

He is a good player, but come on, not even Messi or Ronaldo would help QSG to the CL, but Guaye probably would.

Home of Barca Fans