Staff member
Champions League Round 1

Tuesday 17th of September, 21:00 CET

FZnTSH2rbHFos4BnlWAItw_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

---------

Leo_Messi

Looking very much forward to facing Dortmund. Especially away from home. First time that we are going to play against Dortmund in ages as well. We have never faced them yet since their emergence on the international football scene.

For once our game against Valencia was joyful to watch and the team's performance did not leave a sour taste in your mouth. A lot of that has to do with FDJ and Arthur playing alongside each other. I will still insist that they should play together whenever both of them are ready irrespective of the opponent, simply because they are our two best midfielders and add so many layers to our game that we were missing for many seasons. Fati looking like a wonderkid and creating some serious buzz is helping as well. Would want to see him start and curious to see whether Valverde will continue playing him from the start.

Also happy that we are facing strong teams in our CL group. The group stage is usually a formality and quite boring. Can't relax which is a good thing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They crushed Leverkusen yesterday. Should be a good test for us in front of that great crowd.

Devils

This is the exact type of team/stadium/atmosphere that EV just loves to completely implode at.

Andresito

Staff member
Been wanting to play against Dortmund for years now.

With Messi doubtful and Valverde on the sidelines, I'd probably be happy with a point on tuesday.

clemente

Lowkey they will smack our sorry ass.

This won't be like Valencia sitting back and not even trying to press, and dinosaur Pique defending full of revenge pacewhore counter-attack expert Paco is gonna be laughable to watch.

Porque

Perfect test to see where we are currently. The Valencia score was great but it could be deceiving given the early goals and that Valencia themselves were in a turmoil this past week with the abrupt sacking of Marcelino.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Last season only time we lost away from home was that abysmal Liverpool match. Inter, PSV, Tottenham, ManUtd, Lyon aren't top but Dortmund is in similar bracket as few of those.

In short, I think we'll do better than we expect.

i_bleed_blaugrana

:lol:

Y’all honestly trust this team away from home?! We couldn’t handle Bilbao away, what on earth makes you think we can handle Dortmund? Paco will poach an early one off a poor Jordi Alba back pass, Ernie will squat and think and FC Memealona will be back for all to see!

Like I’m honestly worried about us getting out of this group, especially since we go into Hyde-mode every time we aren’t playing at the Camp Nou. Valencia had a few decent looks that Dortmund will be all over.

So no, not expecting a great result but I hope I’m wrong. I just will never trust these guys again in this tournament till they can prove they can finish the fucking job and not bottle it like a bunch of fucking schoolgirls, getting their first periods.

soul24rage

Y’all honestly trust this team away from home?! We couldn’t handle Bilbao away, what on earth makes you think we can handle Dortmund? Paco will poach an early one off a poor Jordi Alba back pass, Ernie will squat and think and FC Memealona will be back for all to see!

Like I’m honestly worried about us getting out of this group, especially since we go into Hyde-mode every time we aren’t playing at the Camp Nou. Valencia had a few decent looks that Dortmund will be all over.

So no, not expecting a great result but I hope I’m wrong. I just will never trust these guys again in this tournament till they can prove they can finish the fucking job and not bottle it like a bunch of fucking schoolgirls, getting their first periods.

I'm not worried about us not getting out of the group. We are usually very strong at home so we should expect at least 7 points from the 3 games at home.

I'm confident we can get a win vs Praha at their stadium and at least a draw vs inter at the san siro. I could see us losing vs Dortmund at their stadium though.

That would be around at least 11 points. Usually around 10 points almost guarantees the next round.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm not worried about us not getting out of the group. We are usually very strong at home so we should expect at least 7 points from the 3 games at home.

I'm confident we can get a win vs Praha at their stadium and at least a draw vs inter at the san siro. I could see us losing vs Dortmund at their stadium though.

That would be around at least 11 points. Usually around 10 points almost guarantees the next round.

I don’t share your confidence in the Czech Republic. Red Star did massive upsets last year at home while everyone expected them to be whipping boys and I think Slavia are capable of doing the same.

Remember that it took a late Malcom goal to get us a point at San Siro last year and Inter are a MUCH stronger side this time around. It depends on how Inter/Dortmund do but especially if they come out strong, I really could see this getting out of control if we string one or two bad results together.

Especially without Messi and in that atmosphere, I’m just very worried it might start on Tuesday.

KingLeo10

In the last 6-7 years, we've attacked the CL group stages with the ferocity Real approaches CL KO stages. Irrespective of coach. :lol:

snowy

If Valv rides the bull wave and plays the same Valencia line-up, with Perez out at the 60 mark for gunslinger Luis, we can pull it off. The Frenkie-Busi-Arthur mid is the best. Though Vidal could be used for that xtra umphhh and shake Dort up.

3 at the front gotta be Fati-Griz-Perez! Or show the Cules your Evalv 2.0 morph and bring in Hiroki for rapid-fire Banzai attack jajaja

As long as Alba doesn't link-up with Hummels or Hakimi, we can take the win in some bloody crazy ass Balboa-Creed Xtravaganza.

If he backs up against the ropes and plays Raki-Vidal (Bob) with Busi or Bob in RB, we DEAD. Don Paco Drago Quixote de la Mancha and his loyal goal scoring assist-king Sancho will give us a friendly tour of the local windmill

Home of Barca Fans