CL | Round 1: Borussia Dortmund - FC Barcelona 0-0

MTL_Barca

My point: people think that we will be fixed without Raki or Ev.
That is like a level 1 or a step 1.
Remove them and new 9 problems/levels will occur until our team will be fixed.

Maybe, maybe not. It's still better to start somewhere instead of doing nothing just because there might be more problems.

So step 1: sack Valverde.

Sounds like a plan doesn't it? :)

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Weird match that we should have lost TBH. I think we were the better team in the first half and it only started to fall apart when Alba had to go off and Semedo swapped flanks but Dortmund thumped us in the second. I take it that Firpo is still injured? Semedo is not able to play left back, he tried but it just won't work. The lack of movement with the front three was really obvious. The midfield had no options, Suarez was static, Griezmann non existent and Fati too inexperienced (although a good effort again). Worryingly De Jong looked totally lost once Biscuits had come off...

FC B

Too early to judge how this season will turn out. Madrid looked horrendous during group stage in two of their 3 CL winning runs.

I tell you how will turn out, maximum La Liga from the major trophies and that's it, no chance for CL whatsoever.

FinBarcelonafan

The 5 stages of grief and loss:

1. Denial: "We're still the best team in the world, look at all the talent we have. Démbéle best youngerster in the world, Arthur next Xavi, Semedo must start RB, Griezmann incredible linkup, Messi GOAT."
2. Anger: "Cuntverde, Rakitic, Roberto, it's all your fault."
3. Bargaining: "If only we had ten Hag, we would own. Bartomeu, get it done you fool! Dear God, let elections in 2021 bring us back Pep."
4. Depression: "Never gonna win the CL, BATE Borisov would beat us away from home."
5. Acceptance: "Every team goes through cycles, Barca's ended with Xavi, Iniesta, Alves. Messi is the last one keeping everything together. But it's fine, we had our time."

At which stage are you? I guess Barcaforum is somewhere between 2 and 3. Personally I'm already ahead between 4 and 5.

With this mentality you will end up like Milan and ManU. We need get rid of the mentality of finding new Xavi or Iniesta
It ain't happening and the game is changing. We need different type of players now. I don't want to end up like ManU glorifying their Ferguson era... I want new Barca era with new players.

Forget the past and make new team. We need to get rid of some of our old players and find new hungry ones.

Lapi

Sorry to say but there's no way Barca could succeed in the CL this year.
Griezmann is not for this game and game-play, he will never be a successful Barca attacker (or winger...).

The possession stats tell everything: 61:39 for Barca without a clear shot on goal for 90 minutes. This is not the Pep area, mere possession leads nowhere and just results in a boring type of meaningless game. Barca was very very lucky to leave with one point.

Gnidrologist

yeah really no clue what game you watched. shitty is what we played against bilbao and even in the win against whoever be beat 2 rounds ago. tonight was spot on against an extremely strong opponent. you people seem to have lost connection with reality, I mean what did you expect to happen tonight?!?! this and the valencia game were SO MUCH BETTER than the earlier games this season! the entirely (!) negative reaction to this match in this thread is utterly mindblowing.
This. We still suck at penetration because of Valturds anemic tactics of sterile keepball that amounts to encircling the final third and passing the ball from one without anyone making any runs, switching places, making triangles etc. This however is still better than Roma/Pool debacles, where we couldn't get out of our own half to even start this shitty tactical roundabout to begin with. Getting past the press was a non issue for Barca in away match against strong opponent for the first time in a long run. With players being placed in their natural positions and having people run into the box, making other off the ball movement, we could've punish BvB easily. It was visible, when Dejong was put at DM and Messi came on to have actual linkup between midfield and attack. Put someone competent and not dead instead of Rak/Bus, ad we'd be even more impressive despite the shit tictacs.
I also disagree that we were overrun by Borussia and got extremely lucky. It only looks that way if we compare their attacks to lack of penetration from our side. In isolation they didn't really got all that much in attack. Only two clear cut chances were Reus in the first half and Alcaser in second. Pen and Brandt's shot are random events that can happen anytime regardless of overall play.
Valverde is still piece of shit though.

Kul_z

Wow, at dortmund away with 0 goals conceded. Well thats something. Overall, not good diaplay but the mobility in mf is pretty enjoyable. We are thin as fuck at the back, with alba injured and firpo(wtf is going on) this is a result that we should gladly accept. Lmao at that suarez run, he is slow and fat like an amateur.

BarcaOG

Banned
better result than liverpool (reigning champions) and chelsea (losing at home against a team we just trashed). but the way we played was dull. we won't win anything playing like that.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
yeah really no clue what game you watched. shitty is what we played against bilbao and even in the win against whoever be beat 2 rounds ago. tonight was spot on against an extremely strong opponent. you people seem to have lost connection with reality, I mean what did you expect to happen tonight?!?! this and the valencia game were SO MUCH BETTER than the earlier games this season! the entirely (!) negative reaction to this match in this thread is utterly mindblowing.

You make sense. But if we play similar at home then it confirms that we are doomed this season.

Marshall D Teach

better result than liverpool (reigning champions) and chelsea (losing at home against a team we just trashed). but the way we played was dull. we won't win anything playing like that.

The result is not the problem here. Far from it, in fact, the result was one of the few good things about last night, given how we played.

Home of Barca Fans