CL | Round 1: Borussia Dortmund - FC Barcelona 0-0

Gnidrologist

Back then people said that we are losing balls because Raki is not press resistant.

Today we had 3 press resistant midfielders and still couldn't do anything.

We avoided a press and still couldn't do anything.

My point: people think that we will be fixed without Raki or Ev.
That is like a level 1 or a step 1.
Remove them and new 9 problems/levels will occur until our team will be fixed.

We fixed a press resistance today.
But we still lacked running, passion, leaders, attacking options, shots on goals, goals and even defending.
It's good start being able to actually get out of our own half for starters, don't you think? How is lack of attacking threat in any way vindicating all the retarded bullshit you've been crapping out for years now? Yes, Valverde is still piece of shit, but sidelining Raki and playing two much better mids has provided what we absolutely didn't have previously so you have no leg to stand on and claim that you were right about anything.

devo901

oh well...

1. We all agree, that we are frustrated because the Barca problems we see.

2. One of them is that not all players played the preparation games. But that is almost with every team in every season. But Barca would have needed this this time really badly because...
Secondly much bigger problem is the dooming generation change in the team that imperils harmony and team-spirit. This spreads uncomfortble feelings among the existing older players, on top with the uncertainty of all the transition poker - and then younger players cant easily grow, if they feel the overall club state is a bit uncertain & anxiety.

Usually these things have to sorted out in pre-season. But also it is only September...

3. I do not have an easy answer, how to fix an aged/slow Suarez, nor do I know if Leo will find back to old strenght, but to me it is clear that we can not play a season successfully with 2 forwards and hope, Griszman will run for both. :(

4. I think sooner than later FDJ will replace Busi. At least this problem has a solution in sight. ;)

But for the defensive line... I hope Umtiti makes a strong comeback, as we wont survivie a full season without 3 solid/stable defenders. Now that Alba is out we will see how Firpo does...

5. It is sad, that former potent players like Vidal, Rakitic, are not back on track, but maybe they have waited, how the transition poker phase will end. I like Vidal, once started playing for Barca, good def. and attacking skill. One of the few that are able to play fast 1-2 in crowded defensive lines. But in a recent training stream it was a bit lacklustering/stiff how he appeared.

Given the (mediocre) gamestyle vs. BVB on Tuesday, with a lucky outcome, it gives EV time to breath and consolidate the team.... ;)

Home of Barca Fans