CL | Round 1: Borussia Dortmund - FC Barcelona 0-0

Barcilliant

Been wanting to play against Dortmund for years now.

With Messi doubtful and Valverde on the sidelines, I'd probably be happy with a point on tuesday.

We should have played them back when Klopp was manager. They have fantastic fans and atmosphere. I'm looking forward to it.

Barcilliant

:lol:

Y’all honestly trust this team away from home?! We couldn’t handle Bilbao away, what on earth makes you think we can handle Dortmund? Paco will poach an early one off a poor Jordi Alba back pass, Ernie will squat and think and FC Memealona will be back for all to see!

Like I’m honestly worried about us getting out of this group, especially since we go into Hyde-mode every time we aren’t playing at the Camp Nou. Valencia had a few decent looks that Dortmund will be all over.

So no, not expecting a great result but I hope I’m wrong. I just will never trust these guys again in this tournament till they can prove they can finish the fucking job and not bottle it like a bunch of fucking schoolgirls, getting their first periods.

Me too. I've never seen a team with stars that has such a frail underbelly.

jairzinho

Good test to see how and if our defense holds up. We should be fine when defending in open play. It’s the counters that worry me the most. We usually get burned in transitions. Busi, Pique and Lenglet got caught out a lot against Valencia.

That’s normally the case when theirs a lot of space behind them to cover. This is the type of game where Todibo can come in to help deal with that sort of threat.

Last edited:

eaman

I'm not worried about us not getting out of the group. We are usually very strong at home so we should expect at least 7 points from the 3 games at home.

I'm confident we can get a win vs Praha at their stadium and at least a draw vs inter at the san siro. I could see us losing vs Dortmund at their stadium though.

That would be around at least 11 points. Usually around 10 points almost guarantees the next round.

Surely you'd expect 9 points at home

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
A draw would be fine out of this match. I'm sure that Ernesto is thinking the same, so we could see a much more disciplined performance.

PhilS

Suarez should be ready for about 60 minutes, we can dream of Messi for 30. All 5 forwards will play in this game, and will overwhelm Dortmund.

Home of Barca Fans