Erling Braut Haaland

messi2140

6racies Xavi

3 months later and BBZ will tell us how Erling is just not good enough.

Havesaks

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]Because sub in Barca would mean a (relatively) lot of playing time. Suarez will occupy 60-70% max next season, he has acknowledged that he isn't indesputable number 1 and apparently is already planning his Mls move. The guy will be 34 next season. The pressure would be low on haaland because of transfer sum and sub status, and he will have a good chance to become number 1 in span of a year in a top3 world club with good conditions to work his way into the starting line. Especially with a new manager next season where everyone would start from "zero" (you what I mean).

Style wise he would be a good fit to Messi and general play. A
I would prefer a target man upfront with muscles to our Messi playmaker and creative wings than a martinez-type. Gives us a lot of options.

It would make a lot of sense. But I kinda have a feeling that he would prefer PL, sadly

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAKBecause sub in Barca would mean a (relatively) lot of playing time. Suarez will occupy 60-70% max next season, he has acknowledged that he isn't indesputable number 1 and apparently is already planning his Mls move. The guy will be 34 next season. The pressure would be low on haaland because of transfer sum and sub status, and he will have a good chance to become number 1 in span of a year in a top3 world club with good conditions to work his way into the starting line. Especially with a new manager next season where everyone would start from "zero" (you what I mean).

Style wise he would be a good fit to Messi and general play. A
I would prefer a target man upfront with muscles to our Messi playmaker and creative wings than a martinez-type. Gives us a lot of options.

It would make a lot of sense. But I kinda have a feeling that he would prefer PL, sadly

A #9 Sub in Barca would mean little to no playing time, certainly under Valverde and certainly as long as we have Suarez who insist to play despite being injured.

I'm not sure if you've seen Haaland play or listened to his interviews, but the guy's totally unfazed by pressure or the limelight.

As long as we have a board and manager who lets the players do whatever they want, we will miss out on players like these who won't join a club to be a sub.

Haaland could outperform Suarez and still get benched.

Havesaks

Barca has a lot to offer, and it's not an unplausible choice for him.

Yes, I think I have a decent understanding of his personality. Despite his apparently strong ambition for playing time, I still think its about the whole package: wages, trophies, playing time etc. If the club makes an effort to sign him like they did with de Jong, present him with a concrete plan including his role and hope/plan of him being a near-future starter (which will be reflected in his wages), I dare to say that it might tip the scale to our favor.

It's not the most likely scenario, but its plausible and it happened with de Jong (even tho we were late).

Suarez plays and is unbeatable not because of club de amigos, but because he is the best and most suitable striker we have and have had. Paco and Griezmann respectively were and are not good enough - at least under Valverde, and even with a top coach they wouldn't be better options than Suarez. Håland would probably be good enough to overtake his place after a year, especially since he would get better and Suarez would further decline, and would also go along really well with Messi and our wings, and general squad - he is an easy fit with his profile. Suarez stater position is reaching its end and this sad forums circle jerk conclusion of him being untouchable because of Messi and friends, is utterly bullshit.

mc_lovin

Well, even Ibrahimovic wasnt the right profile. And I wouldnt put that on his compatability with Messi.

Haaland is technically good, but pretty much all 1,9m+ footballers look kind of clumsy. And he is no exception. If its between him and Martinez the latter looks much more suitable for us. But then again I wouldnt mind Haaland too much.

Donatello

According to Miguel Rico, the club doesn't see Haaland as the right profile for the striker they want to sign.

Sounds about right. A 1.91m striker that's a goal machine, fast for his height, technically good, physically great is not the right profile at all.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...aland-no-da-el-perfil-que-busca-el-barca.html

I think we need to look beyond Messi.

Haaland is a guy that can guarantee goals, I'd take him even if he doesn't suits us at present. Who knows how we might play once Messi is gone

Centauri B

He is rubbish technically. A pure poacher for now. Still has a long way to go.

I watched the energy drink very carefully tonight, they are a small league team, a good small league team, but a small team at that. If Pool were up against any decent-level CL team tonight, they would be now crying.

devo901

today haaland was lacklusterin saw him better (against weaker enemies) dont think he is a good match for barca (yet).

Home of Barca Fans