Erling Braut Haaland

mc_lovin

Here's the problem with that, in Zlatans time, clubs could afford world class players, these days transfer fees for top players are so absurd that basically no one can afford it.

So, if Haaland thinks he can move around much as a top striker in todays market, he's in for a surprise.

Not if Raiola forces a release clause in his contract. See de Ligt.

FC B

Haaland: “I like Ibrahimovic's mentality and how he sees different things. “I also like how he moves from one club to another, in another country – which isn’t easy – but he always comes in and just bangs in goals, from the first second. I liked seeing that."

Remembered the quote a bit spicier, but the gist of it is clear. I am pretty sure he alluded of wanting to move around in another interview as well, but I am too lazy to look further. He strikes me as an adventurer in that sense.

Glad he at least likes someone like Ibra not PR7 as Mbappe...

Porque

What's the problem in having a WC centre-forward who stays for 3 season or so then moves on?

Ronaldo only stayed a season, Romario a season and a half, Henry 3 seasons, etc.

khaled_a_d

Haaland: ?I like Ibrahimovic's mentality and how he sees different things. ?I also like how he moves from one club to another, in another country ? which isn?t easy ? but he always comes in and just bangs in goals, from the first second. I liked seeing that."

Remembered the quote a bit spicier, but the gist of it is clear. I am pretty sure he alluded of wanting to move around in another interview as well, but I am too lazy to look further. He strikes me as an adventurer in that sense.

I don't see anything clear about that. This is like fans saying CR7 has advantage over Messi because he has done it in different leagues. It is more of a fan talking than a style of life.
Too much for "clear"

Not if Raiola forces a release clause in his contract. See de Ligt.

De Ligt has 150M release clause IIRC, that is an absurd amount for a CB.
And Juve is a club who is always willing to sell for right price, they will have no problem with such release clause.
Raiola was also the agent of Nedved and Hamsick, whom stayed loyal for their clubs.

malvolio

What's the problem in having a WC centre-forward who stays for 3 season or so then moves on?

Ronaldo only stayed a season, Romario a season and a half, Henry 3 seasons, etc.

different times, as Morten perfectly pointed out. no club is willing to put 200-300 mil in a player so that he fucks off after 3 seasons.

from the start you put a huge release clause in his contract and for sure you sign him for 5 seasons. otherwise you just have transfer sagas every other week.

smaller clubs might accept to be a stepping stone. barca or real surely won't do that. bringing a haland or mbappe means so much in terms of image and commercial revenue that you want stability and long term clarity. not a journeyman striker who starts complaining when he feels like he wants to go.

FinBarcelonafan

different times, as Morten perfectly pointed out. no club is willing to put 200-300 mil in a player so that he fucks off after 3 seasons.

from the start you put a huge release clause in his contract and for sure you sign him for 5 seasons. otherwise you just have transfer sagas every other week.

smaller clubs might accept to be a stepping stone. barca or real surely won't do that. bringing a haland or mbappe means so much in terms of image and commercial revenue that you want stability and long term clarity. not a journeyman striker who starts complaining when he feels like he wants to go.

You can always Neymar yourself out.

Porque

75m and a clause 100m more (175m) is fine.

When he goes Raiola can find a PL club who will pay up. Or like Pogba he could be here longer than expected.

malvolio

You can always Neymar yourself out.

how did that work out for him at psg where he has no release clause and they have endless bags of cash?

neymar went because that sum was in reach for psg. would have been impossible with a 500M-1000M clause - just look at messi.

it's easy to say that we are content with 3 years of him, but that can only happen if he chooses us after dortmund. if he goes psg, real or city then he is pretty much out of reach for the rest of his career.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I don't get this obssession that a player needs to stay here for 5 or 10 years.

Messi stayed here his whole career only because we helped him as a kid.

Other foreign superstars rarely stayed for too long:
Neymar 4 years
Ronaldinho 4 years
Etoo 5 years
Rivaldo 5 years
R9 1 year
Romario 1,5 years
Stoichkov 5 years
Kluivert 6 years

Out of our superstar attackers in the last 30 years, except Messi, only one guy lasted for longer than 5 years.

Laplacian

I don't get this obssession that a player needs to stay here for 5 or 10 years.

Messi stayed here his whole career only because we helped him as a kid.

Other foreign superstars rarely stayed for too long:
Neymar 4 years
Ronaldinho 4 years
Etoo 5 years
Rivaldo 5 years
R9 1 year
Romario 1,5 years
Stoichkov 5 years
Kluivert 6 years

Out of our superstar attackers in the last 30 years, except Messi, only one guy lasted for longer than 5 years.

Because it provides stability, and really good players are tough to replace so might as well try to have them take long-term tenures.

Home of Barca Fans