Erling Braut Haaland

serghei

I don't get this obssession that a player needs to stay here for 5 or 10 years.

Messi stayed here his whole career only because we helped him as a kid.

Other foreign superstars rarely stayed for too long:
Neymar 4 years
Ronaldinho 4 years
Etoo 5 years
Rivaldo 5 years
R9 1 year
Romario 1,5 years
Stoichkov 5 years
Kluivert 6 years

Out of our superstar attackers in the last 30 years, except Messi, only one guy lasted for longer than 5 years.

Yea, 5 years is a lot of time if you make it count.

BBZ8800

Because it provides stability, and really good players are tough to replace so might as well try to have them take long-term tenures.

I want stability also.
But if it is not possible, you go for the 2nd best option.

So, if the options are for example:
0. (not possible) Haaland for 10 years
1. Haaland for 3 years
2. Lautaro for 8 years
3. Gabriel Jesus for 8 years

Which one do you pick?

It's like: would you have Xavi for 3 years or Gomes-Rakitic for 10 years.
Would you go for stability if a difference in class is insane?

Also, this "stability" thing started around Pep's era when once in a lifetime things happened:
1. we had Messi from the age 17 till today, which never happens
2. we had Xavi, which happens once in 100 years
3. Iniesta, the same
4. Busi, the same

We had the core from La Masia and they were all out of this world.
Which happens never.
And because of them and since we were winning everything, then other players wanted to stay longer than they would stay in normal circumstances, like Dani Alves.
So, a recent era is not something normal, but once in a lifetime anomaly.

I wrote in the past, but I am not good a dig for those numbers again, before Pep's era, iirc, we had 1-2 foreigners ever who stayed longer than 5-6 years.
So, majority of foreigners stay less than 5 years.
Only in rare occasions a foreigner stays longer than 5 years.

mc_lovin

Which one do you pick?

It's like: would you have Xavi for 3 years or Gomes-Rakitic for 10 years.
Would you go for stability if a difference in class is insane?

Thats how you rate those players. What if Lautaro reaches Villa level?

I get the obsession with Haaland, but the chances are rather slim. We will see what happens this season.

malvolio

It's not a problem per se if Haaland stays for 5 seasons, but you have ti take into account the implications.

Our only chance, in my opinion, is that he chooses us after Dortmund. After that he is as good as gone because we won't wait for him.

Plus i don't think he suits a possession based team that plays against buses 90% of the time.

BBZ8800

Plus i don't think he suits a possession based team that plays against buses 90% of the time.

Parked buses are partly a product of our slow buildup, play it safe possession game.

Teams don't park buses against RM as much as they do against us, isn't it?

If we invite opponents into our half (Lucho's style) and then kill them with deadly-fast counters, they won't be able to park the bus.

On the other hand, if our build up is:
Raki needing 20 seconds to come into the opponent's half
Busi, the same
Arthur playing safepasses all the time
Messi dropping to a CM and allowing the opponents to park the bus

Well, then it is what it is.

If Xavi will come, we will suffer even more because he prefers "low risk possession game".

Btw, I have read a few times in German newspapers, they are unhappy when they have more than 70% possession.
Possession is good, but only up to a certain point.
In Bayern's case, when they have more than 70% of possession = they say that they have dwelled on a ball too much, played too slow and they didn't risk enough with counters and risky through balls.

Now, compare that to our slow-granny build up style paired with zero risks since everyone needs to pass to Messi.

No wonder that teams park the bus against us.

Birdy

Parked buses are partly a product of our slow buildup, play it safe possession game.

Teams don't park buses against RM as much as they do against us, isn't it?

If we invite opponents into our half (Lucho's style) and then kill them with deadly-fast counters, they won't be able to park the bus.

On the other hand, if our build up is:
Raki needing 20 seconds to come into the opponent's half
Busi, the same
Arthur playing safepasses all the time
Messi dropping to a CM and allowing the opponents to park the bus

Well, then it is what it is.

If Xavi will come, we will suffer even more because he prefers "low risk possession game".

Btw, I have read a few times in German newspapers, they are unhappy when they have more than 70% possession.
Possession is good, but only up to a certain point.
In Bayern's case, when they have more than 70% of possession = they say that they have dwelled on a ball too much, played too slow and they didn't risk enough with counters and risky through balls.

Now, compare that to our slow-granny build up style paired with zero risks since everyone needs to pass to Messi.

No wonder that teams park the bus against us.

You have a distorted understanding of speed.

Players can run fast, but the ball also can run fast.
Possession based games does NOT mean slow game.
Pep plays fast possession, the ball moves quickly in all the teams he managed.

What we have become nowadays is slow granny buildup game.
But hey, that's not the benchmark of possession game.
It's not granny buildup Vs counter-attacking gegenpressing.

If Xavi comes in, let's hope it will be after Messi, with Puig Pedri FAti etc, so he can build with youngsters. And then there is a chance a team that moves the ball quickly will be built again

khaled_a_d

Not if Ravioli insists on a buyout clause.

There is no buyout clause in France.
So yes, Haland will have to make a serious commitment to stay there.
But in general, I doubt he will be able to get any decent buyout for his next club

Co0ter

To put it plainly, we need a striker who can actually score goals. Lautaro is everything BUT a prolific goalscorer. His goal record is terrible. Ibra is close to 40 and I bet he outscores Lautaro this season if he stays in Italy.

No thank you. Please.

Riordon

He is a must sign if we want to be relevant in the future. Gabriel Veron the best U18 Brazilian attacking talent is another one. Both will be available for fair prices so no excuses, stop chasing the likes of Eric Garcia and Dest, what is happening to the club man.

Home of Barca Fans