Erling Braut Haaland

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's just the release clause. This is a Raiola deal, there will be huge sign on clauses, agent fees, insane wage demands all sparked through bidding war and eventually we end up with only 2-3 clubs who are even close to be able to afford this.

Yes. My point was it is what Haaland wants (or who can convince Haaland and his people) that matters in the end, not a case of what Dortmund will or won't do, IF there is a release clause.

Raketa10

We just got rid of Suarez and Messi is probably gone next summer. Who is gonna score the goals? We MUST get someone to replace their numbers and apart from Fati who is decent for now there is no one else in the team that can score regularly. Haland is a must and if we sell some players (Griezmann, Braithwaite, Firpo, Umtiti, Alena) we can afford him.

We need a team and not one great player surrounded with mediocrity. We simply don't have money for him.

El Guaje

We need a team and not one great player surrounded with mediocrity. We simply don't have money for him.

We can do better yeah but we already have a decent enough team.

Ofc we can afford him. Sell Griezmann and there you have the transfer fee. With Messi leaving you suddenly save salaries for like 5 players. As good as he is with the release clause he has he is a must.

Andresito

Staff member
100% should be our #1 target. Sell Griezmann and/or Coutinho and we've got at least half of his fee covered.

Madrid buying Mbappe could cause a chain reaction of PSG spending that money on Griezmann/Coutinho.

malvolio

100% should be our #1 target. Sell Griezmann and/or Coutinho and we've got at least half of his fee covered.

Madrid buying Mbappe could cause a chain reaction of PSG spending that money on Griezmann/Coutinho.

i'm afraid that by the time the mbappe "chain reaction" starts, coutinho and griezmann won't be considered footballers anymore.

PSG would want to make up for losing their shinning star by bringing other superstars, not barca washed up rejects.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Or PSG could just use that money (unless Mbappe goes free) to buy Haaland. ;)

I don't think they would buy Griezmann (still marketable with other teams) or Coutinho (not so much).

eaman

I don't think they would buy Griezmann (still marketable with other teams) or Coutinho (not so much).

Why would he go to a lower ranked league. PSG could try but they'd probably be wasting their time.I think it's either bayern, la liga or the premier league. That is if he is ambitious and not motivated by just money. I'm sure he's very ambitious

Andresito

Staff member

Don't think Haaland will want to go to PSG. Only thing they can offer is money which I'm sure all other top clubs that want him will pay as well.

Prestige wise there's not a lot of difference between Dortmund and PSG apart from domestic titles. He'll be less exposed to the public in the French league and only be relevant in CL, like Neymar and Mbappe.

PSG is an easy way of adding some titles to your name while making good money, but ambitious footballers like Haaland won't settle for that.

JamDav1982

i'm afraid that by the time the mbappe "chain reaction" starts, coutinho and griezmann won't be considered footballers anymore.

PSG would want to make up for losing their shinning star by bringing other superstars, not barca washed up rejects.

PSG will not get close to Mbappe/Neymar level stars when those two leave.

Not saying they will want Barca players but would not be surprised at all if they are after likes of Griezmann/Dembele level.

Home of Barca Fans