Erling Braut Haaland

Riordon

If we get Lautaro, which is the most realistic scenario even though I dont like it, then we over time need two goalscoring wingers like Gnabry, Mane, Salah, Sterling. That way I can see a frontline with Lautaro working. But if our wingers will be 10 goals a season players, then no way it can function.

Porque

If we get Lautaro, which is the most realistic scenario even though I dont like it, then we over time need two goalscoring wingers like Gnabry, Mane, Salah, Sterling. That way I can see a frontline with Lautaro working. But if our wingers will be 10 goals a season players, then no way it can function.

Chelsea are not bringing back Boga. Perhaps he could be one of those guys who explode on second big club chance like Gnabry and Salah? Certainly a low buy-in fee to have on the left with Ansu.

Riordon

Chelsea are not bringing back Boga. Perhaps he could be one of those guys who explode on second big club chance like Gnabry and Salah? Certainly a low buy-in fee to have on the left with Ansu.

Dont know him but from highlights and stats he seems like a ball to feet winger who is a creator instead of someone who is attacking space.

stk93

Denis was a new Iniesta by some or at least good enough to be a nice copy. He had flair and everything needed.
Semedo was the best fullback in the world.
Malcom was a part of a holy quartet on whom we will rely for the next 10 years, and whom "stupid" EV has ruined by not playing those genius players: Malcom, Dembele, Semedo, Alena.

About Inter, you are living in some weird dreamland, mc lovin.
You are giving 100 000 credits to Arthur's creativity and suddenly you have tons of faith in Lautaro.
If I will ever sell some shaddy expensive stuff for naive people on internet, you will be my first pick in my phonebook.

Anyway, let's test your theory:
Seria A, shots per match:
http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

15,3 Atalanta
13,5 Napoli
13,2 Roma
12,6 Lazio
12,2 Juventus
11,4 Bologna
11,2 Inter

Btw, Barca has 12,7 shots per game.
Inter has 11,2.

So, Barca creates 1,5 shots more per game.
And you are now expecting that Lautaro will turn into a goalscoring machine even though our team is creating almost the same amount of shots as Inter?
Not to mention that defenders in Spain are faster and of better quality than Seria A defenders.

lautaro shots per game - 3.91
lukaku shots per game - 2.88

hes not a scorer!

mc_lovin

Denis was a new Iniesta by some or at least good enough to be a nice copy. He had flair and everything needed.
Semedo was the best fullback in the world.
Malcom was a part of a holy quartet on whom we will rely for the next 10 years, and whom "stupid" EV has ruined by not playing those genius players: Malcom, Dembele, Semedo, Alena.

Well, as I said, I didnt believe in any of them. You can find pretty much every opinion on here, doesnt mean you can equal those views with mine. Arthur and Lautaro are much, much better talents than any of the guys you listed (with the exception of Dembele at best). Heck, I even campaigned for ages to get rid of Semedo ;D

About Inter, you are living in some weird dreamland, mc lovin.
You are giving 100 000 credits to Arthur's creativity and suddenly you have tons of faith in Lautaro.
If I will ever sell some shaddy expensive stuff for naive people on internet, you will be my first pick in my phonebook.

I wouldnt call me naive, but I have a certain view of football, mainly that it isnt played in a vacuum. There are tons of variables apart from the players themselves. Arthur is mobile, technically strong and has excellent body movement--> I am sure he will be a key player here if given the chance. But we are going in cirlces, we will see how things turn out, but 1.5 seasons with constant fitness issues is no way to judge a talent (and yet he still equaled Lampardics whole last season in goals already).

Anyway, let's test your theory:
Seria A, shots per match:
http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

15,3 Atalanta
13,5 Napoli
13,2 Roma
12,6 Lazio
12,2 Juventus
11,4 Bologna
11,2 Inter

Btw, Barca has 12,7 shots per game.
Inter has 11,2.

So, Barca creates 1,5 shots more per game.
And you are now expecting that Lautaro will turn into a goalscoring machine even though our team is creating almost the same amount of shots as Inter?
Not to mention that defenders in Spain are faster and of better quality than Seria A defenders.

Very scientific. Shot stats without context. Nice. I have no idea where to start, but again, football is not that easy.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Very scientific. Shot stats without context. Nice. I have no idea where to start, but again, football is not that easy.

Lol, those factors evens out on larger samples. But I am curious for your explanation to hear what is the difference between shots on goal from Roma, Juve and Inter.

The same as how people tried to offer silly alibies:
1. Arthur gets tired after 50 minutes because he runs like crazy, lol
2. Or: Arthur has horrible defensive stats because he is forcing the opponents into mistakes and then Busi and Raki are making easy interceptions, lol

I mean, a poor guy Lautaro.
Plays in a weak Inter (classic Barcaforum excuse. It's never a player's fault. It's EV, other coach, bad system, bad teammates. And with a better system that player will shine).
Yet, Italian NT is the crappiest ever.
Seria A is truly horrible.
Other giants like Milan and Roma are horrible and bankrupted.
And even in the worst Seria A ever, Lautaro can't score.

JamDav1982

Lol, those factors evens out on larger samples. But I am curious for your explanation to hear what is the difference between shots on goal from Roma, Juve and Inter.

2. Or: Arthur has horrible defensive stats because he is forcing the opponents into mistakes and then Busi and Raki are making easy interceptions, lol

I mean, a poor guy Lautaro.
Plays in a weak Inter (classic Barcaforum excuse. It's never a player's fault. It's EV, other coach, bad system, bad teammates. And with a better system that player will shine).
Yet, Italian NT is the crappiest ever.
Seria A is truly horrible.
Other giants like Milan and Roma are horrible and bankrupted.
And even in the worst Seria A ever, Lautaro can't score.

The Italian league is not a shit as you make out and Barca have struggled to score across there in recent seasons.

Lautaro finishing needs to improve but the way you speak about lot of other aspects of him is if never watch him and just taken stats and genralisations about Italian league to pass comment.

mc_lovin

Who cares about Arthurs defensive stats? Not his job at all, the midfield composition is important though. That means we need a coach who figures out how to complement Frenkie/Arthur - either with a box to box/defensive midfielder or whatever. As soon as Busquets is history we will see where we stand. Not before. The recent clasico opened my eyes in that regard, Arthur and Frenkie for that matter cant take responsibilty as long as they have to cover for Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal (not defensively, but positionally!). No young midfielder can (feel free to make suggestions if you can).

If Arthur/Frenkie are too similar I have no problem with us getting rid of one of them for a more offensive midfielder though. But we are not at that point yet, patience.

As for the shots on goal debate: if you dont see the problem looking at absolute numbers without context, and suggest they even out statistically, that speaks volumes about the depth you dive into said numbers.

The Italian league is not a shit as you make out and Barca have struggled to score across there in recent seasons.

Lautaro finishing needs to improve but the way you speak about lot of other aspects of him is if never watch him and just taken stats and genralisations about Italian league to pass comment.

+1. Did you watch Lautaro at all?

Yannik

Well I don't share BBZs takes in their entire depth, but one thing is certain: Lautaro's output would have to at least double in very short time at Barca, or he'll just be another "phase". There's no way Barca will put up longer than 2-3 years with a main striker that racks up 20 scorers in an entire injury free season, just because his first touch is silky. And I don't think people realize how rare it actually is among the top strikers of the 2000s and 2010s, that they suddenly doubled or tripled their previous tally immediately after joining a top club. IIRC Rooney managed to do it actually, but I can't really think of many else since then.. The rest were all purchased after they had already proved to be capable of finding the goal often enough in their previous clubs.

I don't wanna spoil anyones optimism here and I might just be proven wrong in the end, but you are paying over a hundred million Euros for what is basically a colossal gamble.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I dont think its about doubling his output, he doesnt even need to do stuff he has not done before. He "just" needs to be at his best more consistently. His best performances this season (like vs us, Dortmund) have been topclass - technique, goals, passing, movement, holdup play. And no, there arent other, cheaper talents who have shown allround performances as good. But honestly, its a gamble. It always is (unless theres prime Suarez on the market). We seem to be willing to take it though.

BBZ8800

I am talking shit about Italy because McLovin has an excuse for everything.
A poor guy is not scoring due to 100 of reasons.

Barca playing bad in Italy?
Well, Barca played in a CL against top Italian sides.
Plus Barca is a top team who has the worst away form record.

So, we just suck against everyone on away matches due to old players, outdated style for Rurope and a lack of a fighting spirit for away matches.

Those stats don't tell anything about a quality of bottom table Italian teams against whom is Lautaro playing every week.

Also, imagine a team in 2 years:
Lautaro, no 9=can't score
Arthur Cm=braindead in attack
Frenkie pivot=poor in the attacking phase

Basically, we will need to invent 2 new Ronaldinhos on flanks and one Deco behind them to make this set of players of any worth attacking wise.

If not, Barto has done a good job in turning us into Arsenal.
Keep the ball, play nice, dont score goals.

Home of Barca Fans