Erling Braut Haaland

Givenchy

We need 1-2 natural winners and champions like Messi, Cr7 or: Mbappe and Halaand.

I would pay 200m if needed for Halaand.
That guy will bang 30-40 goals per season.

For the last 13-14 years, we had Messi.
He was Barca.
People forgot how hard it is to score goals in normal times, without Messi.

After Messi, we will need to invent someone new, like Ronaldinho or Rivaldo.
But knowing Barto and his idiot sporting directors, we will probably buy Sancho and Lautaro.
Luckily, we dodged a bullet with Dybala.
Remember when Barto and Mundo Deportivo wanted to buy that overhyped average player.

After Messi, we will either need someone magical or 1-2 goalscoring machines.

For guys who say: Lautaro is the best out of available players.
Well, 12 months ago nobody knew about Halaand.
And Lautaro was a nobody with 5 goals in Europe.
My point: in 12 Months, 1-2 new guys will emerge again.

Plus, there is a chance that a lot of teams will sell attackers due to corona bankruptcy.

So, there is no need for panic buys.
And short term, is a current Lautaro any better than Suarez? No.

So, what is the point and where's hurry to buy him no matter what?

Even if he was free, I would rather play Suarez in the next season.
Because even a granny Suarez will score more goals. Simple as that.

I'm neither team Halaand or team Lautaro but the bolded parts. why would you blow 200mil on Haland when another talent could blow up this coming season as you say.

Halaand, Lautaro, Sancho.. none of these players are worth 100mil+. Mbappe is the only player worth blowing ridiculous amounts on and lets not even talk about PSG

paying such high amounts for young players giving them huge contracts based on hype, a few seasons and potential needs to stop or else you risk more Dembele situations

El Guaje

I'm neither team Halaand or team Lautaro but the bolded parts. why would you blow 200mil on Haland when another talent could blow up this coming season as you say.

Halaand, Lautaro, Sancho.. none of these players are worth 100mil+. Mbappe is the only player worth blowing ridiculous amounts on and lets not even talk about PSG

paying such high amounts for young players giving them huge contracts based on hype, a few seasons and potential needs to stop or else you risk more Dembele situations

Doesnt H?land have a pretty low release clause?

Lautaro is not a 9, he will be another Griezmann. I’d much rather buy H?land who scores for fun and will cost like half of the 111m clause of Lautaro.

I dont think H?land will leave dortmund in the comming transfer window, so i would stick with Suarez and Braithwaite and go all in on H?land next year.

mc_lovin

Lautaro is not a 9, he will be another Griezmann.

He is. I am tired of repeating that over and over again. The Griezmann comparison keeps popping up and it couldnt be further from the truth. Just shows that people havent watched Martinez.

I know that I am fighting a losing battle though ;-)

Yannik

The release clause is supposed to be at €60m according to Sky or €75m according to BILD (which are definitely the more trusted source in such matters). However, it's also said it cannot be triggered before 2022.

BBZ8800

I see Halaand as a generational talent.
Gamechanging player.

10/10 level for me.
On the other hand, Lautaro for me is a new Alexis Sanchez (in terms of level).
A nice player, but meh for a top football.

Halaand is a type of a player for whom you need to splash everything you have.
Lautaro is a type of a player who is the same as other 2-3 players every season.
If you buy him, nothing will happen.
If you don't buy him, nothing will happen.

Vilarrubi

I see Halaand as a generational talent.
Gamechanging player.

10/10 level for me.
On the other hand, Lautaro for me is a new Alexis Sanchez (in terms of level).
A nice player, but meh for a top football.

Halaand is a type of a player for whom you need to splash everything you have.
Lautaro is a type of a player who is the same as other 2-3 players every season.
If you buy him, nothing will happen.
If you don't buy him, nothing will happen.

I know you like tall players but Halaand 10/10? Cmon mate.

serghei

Sometimes, I swear, I think BBZ is a Barca fan by accident. He likes everything that's not in our DNA.

Somewhere, someplace, some formula ended up wrong, a little too much Iron and too little Zinc, and BBZ became a Barca fan instead of a Bayern Munich or Madrid fan.

What BBZ doen't like:

- possession football
- smaller technical players
- La Masia
- south american forwards
- cruyff

These are the main things why we are what we are.

Last edited:

Messigician

We need 1-2 natural winners and champions like Messi, Cr7 or: Mbappe and Halaand.

I would pay 200m if needed for Halaand.
That guy will bang 30-40 goals per season.

For the last 13-14 years, we had Messi.
He was Barca.
People forgot how hard it is to score goals in normal times, without Messi.

After Messi, we will need to invent someone new, like Ronaldinho or Rivaldo.
But knowing Barto and his idiot sporting directors, we will probably buy Sancho and Lautaro.
Luckily, we dodged a bullet with Dybala.
Remember when Barto and Mundo Deportivo wanted to buy that overhyped average player.

After Messi, we will either need someone magical or 1-2 goalscoring machines.

For guys who say: Lautaro is the best out of available players.
Well, 12 months ago nobody knew about Halaand.
And Lautaro was a nobody with 5 goals in Europe.
My point: in 12 Months, 1-2 new guys will emerge again.
Plus, there is a chance that a lot of teams will sell attackers due to corona bankruptcy.

So, there is no need for panic buys.
And short term, is a current Lautaro any better than Suarez? No.

So, what is the point and where's hurry to buy him no matter what?

Even if he was free, I would rather play Suarez in the next season.
Because even a granny Suarez will score more goals. Simple as that.

209m for Haaland? He is good but he's no generational talent I don't think.

Riordon

Sometimes, I swear, I think BBZ is a Barca fan by accident. He likes everything that's not in our DNA.

Somewhere, someplace, some formula ended up wrong, a little too much Iron and too little Zinc, and BBZ became a Barca fan instead of a Bayern Munich or Madrid fan.

What BBZ doen't like:

- possession football
- smaller technical players
- La Masia
- south american forwards
- cruyff

These are the main things why we are what we are.

BBZ was a Barca fan way before Pep, take that into consideration. The way he wants us to play is really not much different to how Rijkaard and to some extend Cruyff played. Even pep 08/09 goes well with BBZ football

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BBZ was a Barca fan way before Pep, take that into consideration. The way he wants us to play is really not much different to how Rijkaard and to some extend Cruyff played. Even pep 08/09 goes well with BBZ football

My grandma has supported Barca since 1960 and says otherwise.

LABarcaFan

You are right here. None of them (Haaland, Lautaro and Sancho) is worth 100 m. I will include to them Mbappe as well, because he is very over-rated in my opinion, because he plays in a shitty league and for the best team in it. Put him in Barcelona or Liverpool or City and you will see that he is not worth that money.

Lautaro is not a 9, he will be another Griezmann. I’d much rather buy H?land who scores for fun and will cost like half of the 111m clause of Lautaro.

I dont think H?land will leave dortmund in the comming transfer window, so i would stick with Suarez and Braithwaite and go all in on H?land next year.

That is true. He won't leave Dortmund this summer, so we can catch him in 2021 or 2022.

He is. I am tired of repeating that over and over again. The Griezmann comparison keeps popping up and it couldnt be further from the truth. Just shows that people havent watched Martinez.

I know that I am fighting a losing battle though ;-)

You are right. Martinez is # 9 and he is better than both French shits, Dembele and Griezmann and these days Suarez. The problem is that Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio says Lautaro will not be sold to Barcelona unless the La Liga club pay his entire release clause, paid in a single installment (Sky Sport: Vanguard).
I understand you and I am giving you credit for holding your fort so hard, but I can't see our board paying 111 m. , much less in one single payment.

Givenchy

You are right here. None of them (Haaland, Lautaro and Sancho) is worth 100 m. I will include to them Mbappe as well, because he is very over-rated in my opinion, because he plays in a shitty league and for the best team in it. Put him in Barcelona or Liverpool or City and you will see that he is not worth that money.

Mbappe has proven himself in the CL with Monaco and also a World cup. some of his performances are overrated sure but taking his age into consideration, if we are talking about a player to replace Messi/Ronaldo (impossible ofc), nobody else comes close right now. hes in a different league to Haaland, Sancho and especially Lautaro.

as i said before, this whole paying 100mil for potential shit has to stop. I kinda hope Laporta runs in the next election and persuades Pep to return; give him power over the entire squad including Messi and allow him to be ruthless. if we actually have a world class manager capable of improving youngsters, we may already have our gem in Ansu. look at Sterlings ricse since Pep started managing him

no doubt what will happen though is Font will get in, give Xavi, another manager totally out of his depth, the manager role and we'll continue to burn.

LABarcaFan

Mbappe has proven himself in the CL with Monaco and also a World cup. some of his performances are overrated sure but taking his age into consideration, if we are talking about a player to replace Messi/Ronaldo (impossible ofc), nobody else comes close right now. hes in a different league to Haaland, Sancho and especially Lautaro.

as i said before, this whole paying 100mil for potential shit has to stop. I kinda hope Laporta runs in the next election and persuades Pep to return; give him power over the entire squad including Messi and allow him to be ruthless. if we actually have a world class manager capable of improving youngsters, we may already have our gem in Ansu. look at Sterlings ricse since Pep started managing him

no doubt what will happen though is Font will get in, give Xavi, another manager totally out of his depth, the manager role and we'll continue to burn.

I am not sure what Mbappe has proven in the CL, since Monaco has not won it even once.Nore has PSG with all of the superstars in the team. It was not also to his credit that France won the WC. They had arguably the best balanced team and very easy opponent on the final. All that said, there is no question that he is a good player, but just not that good to cost 220 mil. Messi, even at his current age is more valuable player for his team than Mbappe for PSG. And his price tag is lower.

That paying of 100+ M. for players may stop after the 2021 election. I have heard a lots of good things about Victor Font and his planed rebuilding process but will consider also Joan Laporta as an option, since he knows better the club and has close connections with many former and current players. I am not sure if Joan will appoint Pep as a manager, but lets face the truth. Pep was very, very lucky to coach very talented and young generation of players, 90% of them product of La Masia. There is no more that kind of individuals around. Even the best play-makers today (KDB and Eriksen) can not be compared with Iniesta and Xavi, just as an example.
Pep has tons of money for selection every year with City, but he could not do anything in the CL. And in the EPL, Liverpool is 25 points clear of his team. So it is all about having the right players at every position. Both Xavi and Pep are Barca materials and I hope one of them take the position in the next 1-2 years. But Koeman, Ten Hag are also solid coaching names and they can bring some new flavor to this organization and fans.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kylian Mbappe is probably the most valuable footballer in the World right now if you take his age into account.

Anyone claiming he's not even worth 100m, that he is overrated and average because he plays in a farmer's league is either painfully biased, trolling or just clueless. It's not even something I believe you can justify as your own opinion.

You can argue that he's not as talented or great as other all-time greats and I'd actually agree, but he's a generational talent and someone that's dedicated enough to not fall into a trap like Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans