Erling Braut Haaland

Mitchell1978

I'm worried that Barca didn't want him in the past, so maybe he doesn't want to come to Barca now. What do you think?

There's probably a dozen or so clubs that are far more likely to sign him, including simply staying in Dortmund.

People who think Barca is still a top 5 destination for a talent like that are delusional.

Morten

I think he'll end up being a journeyman similiar to Ibra.

maybe City/United then off to Juve, Madrid etc

No, because the transfer market much more insane now than the days Zlatan was young.
Clubs cant afford to spend the cash it would take for Haaland to be a "journeyman".

fergus90

There's probably a dozen or so clubs that are far more likely to sign him, including simply staying in Dortmund.

People who think Barca is still a top 5 destination for a talent like that are delusional.

Not true, if he wanted to go to England he’d realistically go to Man City or Liverpool, at a push Chelsea. In Germany it’s Bayern, Italy it’s Juventus, in Spain Madrid or Barca. Barca has always attracted huge names Ronaldo, Cruyff, Laudrup, Schuster, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Linekar. Neeskens all legendary footballers who joined Barca when they weren’t the best team in Europe.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm worried that Barca didn't want him in the past, so maybe he doesn't want to come to Barca now. What do you think?

There was never any reliable info indicating that we didn't want him or rejected him in any way.

If we offer a good package (sporting and wage wise), he will come. The problem is we face very stiff competition and we are short on money.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not true, if he wanted to go to England he’d realistically go to Man City or Liverpool, at a push Chelsea. In Germany it’s Bayern, Italy it’s Juventus, in Spain Madrid or Barca. Barca has always attracted huge names Ronaldo, Cruyff, Laudrup, Schuster, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Linekar. Neeskens all legendary footballers who joined Barca when they weren’t the best team in Europe.

To Messi fans like him we simply didn't exist before Messi came. FC Messi should be sent to oblivion once the namesake is gone.

Mitchell1978

To Messi fans like him we simply didn't exist before Messi came. FC Messi should be sent to oblivion once the namesake is gone.

I have watched Barca since the early 90s, i've seen Cruyff's best teams, the year with Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc off course back then you could only see highlights here and there and big European Games.

But back then Barca didn't have the status it has had over the last decade. It wasn't considered as big a club as Madrid or Milan

malvolio

Real, Barca, Bayern, City and maybe Juve because of the Raiola connection. Other options don't make sense, for various reasons.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have watched Barca since the early 90s, i've seen Cruyff's best teams, the year with Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc off course back then you could only see highlights here and there and big European Games.

But back then Barca didn't have the status it has had over the last decade. It wasn't considered as big a club as Madrid or Milan

Not as big as Real Madrid or Milan but still one of the powerhouses in Europe and magnet for big name players. The point is club was already well established before Messi. Not trying to sugarcoat our problems and crisis, but chances are, after we go through these hurdles and pains we will continue to attract talent like we always have.

malvolio

Manchester United and Liverpool, especially the former.

I feel United is more interested in Sancho and going with Rashford and Greenwood as strikers.
Liverpool? Don't think they have the pulling power to get into a transfer war against the 5 I've mentioned. Also, the city is a shit hole.

Also don't neglect the fact all 5 clubs mentioned by me are desperate for a striker or will want to bring one to replace the ageing one they have.

PSG depends on the Mbappe situation and maybe they could attract him with insane money. Otherwise i don't think he's that stupid to go there when he has better clubs chasing him. Maybe when he gets older

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

Not as big as Real Madrid or Milan but still one of the powerhouses in Europe and magnet for big name players. The point is club was already well established before Messi. Not trying to sugarcoat our problems and crisis, but chances are, after we go through these hurdles and pains we will continue to attract talent like we always have.

After a couple of difficult years with better management Barca probably will be able to attract big talents like you say but not at the moment.

KingLeo10

The club managed to attract Cruyff Maradona Romario Laudrup R9 Rivaldo R10 before Messi. Lol. These Messi fanboys wishing ill on the club need to be wary because they're more likely to be donning MLS jerseys come summer.

Home of Barca Fans