Erling Braut Haaland

Morten

Several of these players like Cruyff, Maradona and Messi aren't even No. 9s. And I don't even what a Bican is. This is what happens when you just google "most goals" and get lists with players from post war times that played against No-League sides. Cruyff isn't even below 1.80 even. You are taking names of an ancient football era with no relevancy to how modern football is played. Pele, Puskas, Di Stefano and your Bican still played with a leather ball until the late 60s. Of course they weren't going to head that fucker, you'd practically get concussed from that thing when it soaks water and gets more than 1kg heavy. Only Mueller did that, and that poor man has dementia now.

It really doesn't matter if you find headers or set pieces "overrated", because you kept conceding them every time you went out in CL these past years against Liverpool, Roma and Juve.

Don't act like they are "beneath you", mate. It is clearly worth looking into this wide world of scoring/defending goals from crosses if you fancy CL success, and you should of course take such factors into account when evaluating your player options. Acting like you don't need it because that czecheslovakian lad from the 1930s didn't need it is laughably narrowminded.

Speaking of setpieces, im a bit disappointed that no one built on what Stoke introduced to the game, throw-ins as set-pieces.
You`d think with an increasing focus on crossing and headers, why not utilize throw-ins? Ofc, you would need someone very good at throwing the ball while also being a good player, but i mean, its not like it would be impossible.

It was kinda hilarious to watch too, teams being scared off throw-ins, dont think that has ever happened before.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Speaking of setpieces, im a bit disappointed that no one built on what Stoke introduced to the game, throw-ins as set-pieces.
You`d think with an increasing focus on crossing and headers, why not utilize throw-ins? Ofc, you would need someone very good at throwing the ball while also being a good player, but i mean, its not like it would be impossible.

It was kinda hilarious to watch too, teams being scared off throw-ins, dont think that has ever happened before.

Finding a guy as good at it as Rory Delap that can start on your team and not be a liability is probably gonna be tough.

Never seen something like it.

The legend didn't only throw it far, but threw it with real power and speed too.

Last edited:

Morten

Finding a guy as good at it as Rory Delap that can start on your team and not be a liability is probably gonna be tough.

Never seen something like it.

The legend didn't only throw it far, but threw it with real power and speed too.

Yeah, his throws weren`t up and down throws, like in a curve, they were more or less in a flat line, with incredible speed.

Last edited:

Yannik

You'd need someone that throws bullets into the box, not just long throws. They have to be close enough to the goal to be a threat, and powerful enough to leave the keeper with no time to come out and clear it. The idea is interesting, but finding someone that can do it is the hard part.

Andresito

Staff member

Speaking of throw ins. I'm not sure if you know your countryman Thomas Gronnemark. He's a throw in consultant working for different clubs, among them Liverpool.

While they may not score directly from them, they've actually improved in keeping the ball from throw ins.

An article: https://www.skysports.com/football/...-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark-explains-his-role

Alik

This thing?

BU7dU2GCEAAZNM3.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Quite impressive.

Talking about Falcao then he's 1.77m and an absolute threat in the air and was one of the best strikers in the World before his injury. A very complete #9.

He was perhaps the most important and the least talked player about when it comes to Atletico's redemption and rise from Patetico to a legit team. Without that Europa League and Copa del Rey win over Real Madrid I'm not sure they'd have a platform to build onto.

I see some Falcao in Lautaro Martinez.

Doesn't mean the cost of his transfer is in any way justifiable, but the hope is that he can be a player like that/Aguero.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I see some Falcao in Lautaro Martinez.

He has a fighting spirit and he can jump inspite of his low height.

Other than that, he has nothing like Falcao.
Falcao's first European season:
Porto 43 matches, 34 goals

Lautaro:
35 matches, 9 goals
31 matches, 16 goals

You guys are again investing too much faith in something which doesn't seem likely.
Arthur was never a creator in his career, but for years we have to read: but he COULD (magically) improve.

Lautaro will be the next one.
A guy who is not a natural killer.
Now we will need to read for 3 years:
- give him time he is young
- he has potential
- or my favorite: with the right coach, right system and the right teammates, he will thrive

A guy is just not a killer finisher and the most likely will never be.
Except from 3-4 kung fu goals, even his highlights compilations look quite meh.

Jovic and his goals 12 months ago looked like Messi compared to Lautaro.

I think that you are again insanely overrating this guy and that you fell into a trap of your brain: where you need a hope for the future and you are going into a dreamland mode.

A guy is a Cf with weak physique, shit finishing and average stats even though he plays in a granny Italian league where some very shitty players have better numbers.
Even Alexis looked better than Lautaro in that slow, static, granny league.

Chances are extremely high that Barto will complete a poker of 4 horrible 100m transfers with Lautaro.

Dembe, Cou, Griezz, Lautaro.
Good game, Barto.
Now fuck off from our club, you clown and your youtube hype transfers.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans