Erling Braut Haaland

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haaland is not joining Manchester United. It would be a dumb move for him.

At least when Mbappé went to PSG they had signed Neymar and were in the Champions League and had a pretty decent squad overall. Obviously not comparing the players, but the situation.

Nothing about Man Utd makes any sense from their manager to their squad and competitiveness.

Vilarrubi

> Tries to take a dig at LL by saying EPL stars spend their past-prime years here.

> Supports a club whose sole Ballon D'or winner in the modern era (CR7) DUMPED United to play out his prime at Madrid, scoring 450 goals in 440 games. Fucking lol.

There's mental gymnastics and there's being deluded and possibly dense.

I'm afraid you're the latter [MENTION=26762]Copperpot[/MENTION]:lol:

Deluded United fans are actually much rarer nowadays, but we seem to have found one.

Most United fans after SAF left were deluded for a couple of years thinking they would carry on in the same way, but that soon changed. Every United fan I meet nowadays admit they are shit and the PL isn't what it used to be.

Copperpot

Banned
> Tries to take a dig at LL by saying EPL stars spend their past-prime years here.

> Supports a club whose sole Ballon D'or winner in the modern era (CR7) DUMPED United to play out his prime at Madrid, scoring 450 goals in 440 games. Fucking lol.

There's mental gymnastics and there's being deluded and possibly dense.

I'm afraid you're the latter [MENTION=26762]Copperpot[/MENTION]:lol:

Do you really want compare lists of which leagues steal the best talent? Because if you do then you will lose I’m afraid if you are siding with the Spanish league.

Premier League clubs have stolen or bought many of La Liga’s best young talent and players their prime, La Liga have got few of the Premier League’s best young talent or players in their prime, as pointed out in the above post i made, when players move to Spain (or Italy) from the Premier League for the most part their best years are gone.

And people can post bald headed laughing faces in my direction all they like, we’ll see who’s right and who will be laughing soon enough, i will tell you all right now Manchester United will sign 2 of 3 of Sancho/Haaland/Maddison (the best and most talked about young talent in Europe) within the next 8 months, possibly within the next 2 months.

I’m sure when this happens excuses will start, early favorite being ‘overrated’ especially since Sancho/Maddison are English (Haalands English too tbf) or ‘didn’t want anyway’ or 'we will get him (Halland) in a few years' but once again, you will get him when United are finished with him.

He would be on a long contract (5 years) and he'll sign another one after that, we may let the Spanish league have him just before he hits 30 and whilst he still has sell on value, but then again we may not.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Feels like 2003-2008 again. EPL fanboyism once again reaching its peak. You're the strongest league in the world right now. I'm cognizant enough to see that. However, what's also indisputable is that the height La Liga reached between 08-2018 EPL has never matched. 7 of the 10 CLs in that decade were won by Barca or Madrid. AM was constantly making CL finals. Sevilla did a three peat in Europa, and even knocked MU out in CL lol.

La Liga 08-18 and Serie A 86-00 are the most dominant league eras. You can have the consolation that you're historically stronger than the Bundesliga, though.

Givenchy

Do you really want compare lists of which leagues steal the best talent? Because if you do then you will lose I’m afraid if you are siding with the Spanish league.

Premier League clubs have stolen or bought many of La Liga’s best young talent and players their prime, La Liga have got few of the Premier League’s best young talent or players in their prime, as pointed out in the above post i made, when players move to Spain (or Italy) from the Premier League for the most part their best years are gone.

And people can post bald headed laughing faces in my direction all they like, we’ll see who’s right and who will be laughing soon enough, i will tell you all right now Manchester United will sign 2 of 3 of Sancho/Haaland/Maddison (the best and most talked about young talent in Europe) within the next 8 months, possibly within the next 2 months.

I’m sure when this happens excuses will start, early favorite being ‘overrated’ especially since Sancho/Maddison are English (Haalands English too tbf) or ‘didn’t want anyway’ or 'we will get him (Halland) in a few years' but once again, you will get him when United are finished with him.

He would be on a long contract (5 years) and he'll sign another one after that, we may let the Spanish league have him just before he hits 30 and whilst he still has sell on value, but then again we may not.

Madrid made you their bitch and took Ronaldo, the greatest player to ever grace your club entering his prime, the same player United fans still wank and cry over to this very day. funny how you ignore that part of his post.

goodluck signing 'the best and most talked about young talent in Europe' (err no that would actually be Mbappe) with no CL football for another season. Pogba will be packing his bags once we enter that summer window also one would think

'you will get him when United are finished with him' :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This one gif sums up United perfectly

ronaldo-jump.gif

Scored by Ronaldo who left United just when he entered his prime and assisted by Di Maria who joined United just as he was on the decline.

tenor.gif

Newcomer

The reason Premier League clubs have "stolen" many of the best young talents all over Europe is because of their financial might. Even a promoted club like Fulham can spend 100M in the transfer market. No one can do that in Spain bar Real Madrid and Barcelona. And those two clubs will unlikely compete for the same players with PL clubs usually because they have different standards. They aim for the very best young talents like Dembélé, Mbappé, de Jong or for less developped exciting players with great marketability prospect with their brazilian wonders (Rodrygo, Vinicius).
The rare players they take from PL are just the very best. You can call them finished if you want but they took Hazard, Courtois, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Coutinho at their very best. Simply because those clubs can afford to wait for those players to be developped and prove their worth in PL and strong arm the british clubs into selling their jewels.

Last edited:

Copperpot

Banned
The rare players they take from PL are just the very best. You can call them finished if you want but they took Hazard, Courtois, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Coutinho at their very best. Simply because those clubs can afford to wait for those players to be developped and prove their worth in PL and strong arm the british clubs into selling their jewels.

Getting harder and harder though, 10 years ago Manchester United could go to a team like Spurs and take their best players, not anymore. Difficult to even do it with Crystal Palace and even Championship clubs, most Championship clubs are former Premier League clubs and richer than a lot of Champions League clubs in other leagues due to Premier League parachute money.

For a top 6 team to buy a player from a lower Premier League club is a standard £60m+ now.

See Harry Maguire/VVD/Wan Bissaka/Prices quoted for Zaha, there was no way Leicester was selling Maguire unless they got £85m, they held out for months and eventually got what they wanted.

As you say ridiculous amounts of money are involved in the Premier League and soon even Europe's elite will be priced out of moves even if they want to buy a player from the likes of Newcastle.

The only way Madrid/Barcelona can take the best players off BIG Premier League clubs (United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs) is if a player runs down their contract to the final 12 months refusing to sign another (ie Hazard, Sane at City is another to watch out for) or run it down altogether like Eriksen, a player with 2+ years left on their contract, these teams aren't going to be bullied into selling their best assets, see Pogba in the summer.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Getting harder and harder though, 10 years ago Manchester United could go to a team like Spurs and take their best players, not anymore. Difficult to even do it with Crystal Palace and even Championship clubs, most Championship clubs are former Premier League clubs and richer than a lot of Champions League clubs in other leagues due to Premier League parachute money.

For a top 6 team to buy a player from a lower Premier League club is a standard £60m+ now.

See Harry Maguire/VVD/Wan Bissaka/Prices quoted for Zaha, there was no way Leicester was selling Maguire unless they got £85m, they held out for months and eventually got what they wanted.

As you say ridiculous amounts of money are involved in the Premier League and soon even Europe's elite will be priced out of moves even if they want to buy a player from the likes of Newcastle.

The only way Madrid/Barcelona can take the best players off BIG Premier League clubs (United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs) is if a player runs down their contract to the final 12 months refusing to sign another (ie Sane at City) or run it down altogether like Eriksen, a player with 2+ years left on their contract, these teams aren't going to be bullied into selling their best assets, see Pogba in the summer.

And those players are doing that : they either run down their contract (Hazard and Courtois) or they force their way out (Coutinho). All that in the last three years. And those were the best players of their team at the time.

I don't see how it is possible to deny that Real Madrid and Barça have the superior draw for top players. Maybe it will change if PL clubs keep on dominating in european competitions for a decade.

KingLeo10

Barcelona has a lineage of signing Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Laudrup, R9, Figo (pig but nonetheless), R10. That's creme de la creme of top tier football in the last 50 years.

When was the last time United/Liverpool/EPL top tier signed a superstar and a great for a world record/near world record fee?

The success of Liverpool and United was on homegrown players coupled with legendary management. Barca had a bigger pull long before we became a proper European force (1990s).

Copperpot

Banned
[/B]

I don't see how it is possible to deny that Real Madrid and Barça have the superior draw for top players. Maybe it will change if PL clubs keep on dominating in european competitions for a decade.

Let them do that, works both ways though. Neymar wanted out of Barcelona, Ronaldo wanted out of Madrid. Look at Bale right now (Wales>Golf>Madrid in that order).

It will always happen everywhere, if you think players go to Madrid/Barcelona and when it comes to leaving they do so kicking and screaming (because they don't want to go) who are trying to kid?

Copperpot

Banned
EPL top tier signed a superstar and a great for a world record/near world record fee?

Erm, how about Paul Pogba? Manchester United paid a then world record fee for him.

And before you say 'look how that turned out' (ie. how he wants to leave), i think i speak for a lot of Manchester United fans here, the guy has 1 year left in the summer, Ie:- Manchester United may cash in, but i still feel there's a good chance in him signing a new contract, but i couldn't give a shit if he leaves.

The guy on paper is the best midfielder in the world (hence why a world record fee was paid), but he's not putting in best midfielder in the world performances for Manchester United, more times than not we are seeing 6 out of 10 performances by him.

And i don't think it's for him not trying, i think he is trying, he's doing those turns and what not that worked for him in Italy but it's not working for him in the Premier League, so is he another high profile victim of English football?

Either way, i personally would love to trade him for a player who puts in 8 out of 10 performances+ most games, a player who doesn't sulk, doesn't put himself before the team, doesn't create negative drama, doesn't have a slug of a agent.

Get £120m+ and Manchester United are laughing, United shown since he's been injured they don't need him, but replace him with a midfielder who put in 8 out of 10 performances+ every (or most games) rather than his 6 and that would be a massive improvement.

I'd happily trade him right now for James Maddison or Jack Grealish, different positions, but you get the feeling any of these 2 would give their all for the club, 8 out of 10 performances+ most games and their talent is sky high.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Erm, how about Paul Pogba? Manchester United paid a then world record fee for him.

And before you say 'look how that turned out' (ie. how he wants to leave), i think i speak for a lot of Manchester United fans here, the guy has 1 year left in the summer, Ie:- Manchester United may cash in, but i still feel there's a good chance in him signing a new contract, but i couldn't give a shit if he leaves.

The guy on paper is the best midfielder in the world (hence why a world record fee was paid), but he's not putting in best midfielder in the world performances for Manchester United, more times than not we are seeing 6 out of 10 performances by him.

And i don't think it's for him not trying, i think he is trying, he's doing those turns and what not that worked for him in Italy but it's not working for him in the Premier League, so is he another high profile victim of English football?

Either way, i personally would love to trade him for a player who puts in 8 out of 10 performances+ most games, get £120m+ and Manchester United are laughing, United shown since he's been injured they don't need him, but replace him with a midfielder who put in 8 out of 10 performances every (or most games) rather than his 6 and that would be a massive improvement.

I'd happily trade him right now for James Maddison or Jack Grealish, different positions, but you get the feeling any of these 2 would give their all for the club, 8 out of 10 performances most games and their talent is sky high.

Pogba is a great of the game? I don't think he belongs anywhere near the names I mentioned. The market right now is inflated. We bought Dembele for same as Pogba and Coutinho for even higher. Both are not that good, lol.

Copperpot

Banned
Pogba is a great of the game? I don't think he belongs anywhere near the names I mentioned. The market right now is inflated. We bought Dembele for same as Pogba and Coutinho for even higher. Both are not that good, lol.

He's a world cup winner and played a key part in France winning the world cup.

Pogba is/was regarded (globally) as the best midfielder in the world at the time United signed him and a world record fee for him was justified.

Home of Barca Fans