0000026734_660_375_cut.jpg

Full Name: Bruno Petković
Date of Birth: Sep 16, 1994
Citizenship: Croatian
Current club: Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)

Height: 6'4 (1.93m)
Position: Centre forward
Foot: Right

A new Croatian NT CF after Mandzukic's retirement.
This guy is apparently a late bloomer.
Played impressive in 2018 and 2019'.

A hype machine in Croatia is already calling him "the new Zlatan".
He is a mix of Giroud and Zlatan for now.
In spite of his height 6'4 (193cm), he can dribble past opponents through the middle.
Scored a wonderful solo goal against Slovakia in World Cup qualifiers:

Last season for Dinamo, managed to score 2 scissor kick goals. CR7 needed 10 years for that.

Let's see how his career and skills will develop.
** He is not dumb. That is always a good starting point :lol:

Judoman

Technically better than Giroud for sure and he doesn t seem slow-ish, considering his height.

The highlits are small sample size to judge him by, but i was impressed by his NT performance.

Gaudi

He is pure surprise, first time I saw him you could see technique, vision, but he improves every day, he is really strong, mobile, amaizing footwork. I can even imagine him in Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Made great strides with Dinamo and looks like he'll be Croatia's #9 for years to come.

JerseyAddict

This CL will be the true test for him. I hope he does well... But sometimes he overholds the ball.

He has great footwork and is an areal threath.
Just to continue like this and maybe Cro will have again strong 9.

EdmondDantes

Is he the tallest U25 striker in Europe?

What's his most likely destination - if he's to leave Dinamo - now he's getting some recognition?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Is he the tallest U25 striker in Europe?

What's his most likely destination - if he's to leave Dinamo - now he's getting some recognition?

Olmo is more hyped + Spanish and is still here in Zagreb. Don't think Petkovic will leave that soon.

Raketa10

IMHO he is massively overhyped. He is a slow player who doesn't work well in tight spaces. His technique is far from the one Zlatan had. Don't think he will be a long term solution for Croatian NT or any top tear European team. At the moment Croatian NT doesn't have a better solution and that's why everyone is "crazy" about him. I am 99% sure he is just an average CF and nothing more but time will tell if I was right about him or not.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Scored 2 NT Goals in Croatia:Hungary 3:0 qualifying match tonight.
4 goals in 6 NT matches for now:
[tw]1182374057121124353[/tw]

Gaudi

More and more I'm thinking of him as our number 9. Strong, tall, great headers but zlatan like technique.

Home of Barca Fans