Nemanja Vidic

Dinho

He's not been poor this season. He's not the player he was but he's still been pretty good. Him and Rio were rolling back the years against Arsenal last week.

Nonsense.

Vidić has been done since that fatal injury against Basel. He's even slower now and fouls more than ever.

He's excels at head tennis, he always has. But any striker with pace and dribbling ability has the better of him. His distribution is horrendous and he's not even a consistent goal threat. Even Giroud got the better of him recently. He should have been awarded a penalty for a push and he left him for dead twice but failed to score. Most fouls committed on the night as well.

I would personally fly Vidić to the airport. Too many United fans live in the past. Both Vidić and Evra are liabilities now. Great servants and were dominant from 2006-2010 but are now terrible and continue to cost us goals.

Evans and a new signing/Smalling need to blooded at the back.

Unbiased United

You can see from an earlier post of mine in this thread that I think he is way past his best. However, he has still been pretty good for us this season, and probably still been our best defender when he has played. Not to say he's been amazing, but Evans hasn't been great (underrated by opposition fans but equally overrated by United fans), Smalling is getting there but still has work to do, and obviously Jones has barely had chance to play at the back for us this season to prove he should be a regular starter for us there.

It's absolute rubbish to say United fans live in the past. Fans in general will always hold their favorite players in high regard, even if they are past their best, but it's only last season we won the league by eleven points.... Yet you make it sound like we haven't won anything for years, and can't let go of the past.

I agree that Evra is way past it, and that we need to trust our younger defenders those consistent starting spots. I also agree that it's for the best Vidic leaves at the end of the season. However, he is still useful for us whilst he is here.

X

Xavimascapenes

Vidic definitely hasn't done well vs us on Wednesday, him and Rio "rolling the years back" is an overstatement if I've ever seen one. They weren't in danger of conceding because Giroud didn't make any runs in behind as usual and Özil had no one to pass to. I think Smalling is better than both Evans and Jones and needs to be partnered with new signing for United to be competitive again.

Unbiased United

Vidic definitely hasn't done well vs us on Wednesday, him and Rio "rolling the years back" is an overstatement if I've ever seen one. They weren't in danger of conceding because Giroud didn't make any runs in behind as usual and Özil had no one to pass to. I think Smalling is better than both Evans and Jones and needs to be partnered with new signing for United to be competitive again.

I don't think Vidic was great against Arsenal or anything, but him and Rio were both very comfortable. Although they are both clearly lesser players than they were, it was great to see us strong in defence for once, which has rarely been the case this season.

I don't mind Arsenal, they are like United in many ways and I've always respected them. So I'm not having a dig when I say that you created very little on Wednesday, and that was with our oldies at the back.

Vidic has been a legend for us, I wish him well and still think he will be a good player for whoever he joins.

Ghost

Legend.
article_img.jpg

H

Haruko The Goon

top 5 CB's the Premiership has ever seen. Respect.

Home of Barca Fans