Nemanja Vidic

Meitux

I wouldn't take him, he will not be so helpfull for me even if you call him a squad player. He's getting old and more and more injury prone, and without playing regularly he'll be more unstable. Right now i wouldn't give Vidic a starting place in the team instead of giving Bartra the oppurtinity to improve more basing on that he has shown the right signs that he's able to become a very good defender.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Can't believe the comments.

He's not Vidic of 06-10

But he's not an idiot. Could be the ideal stop gap, until Bartra's fully ready perhaps.
The guy isn't even getting minutes at the mid-table team he is playing for, so why should we, FC Barcelona, want him?

H

Haruko The Goon

Erm, I'm not sure if you're just randomlly sprouting crap, or you know something I don't. Because he's played whenever he's fit....

He's just been injured. So stop the "He's not even getting minutes" as if he's been so poor that he's been dropped. Because it just isn't true.

Like I said, he's not the best CB in the world, but you if you wouldn't take a 32 year old FREE Vidic, then I'm not sure of your sanity! I'd take him without question. I think any team would.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Erm, I'm not sure if you're just randomlly sprouting crap, or you know something I don't. Because he's played whenever he's fit....

He's just been injured. So stop the "He's not even getting minutes" as if he's been so poor that he's been dropped. Because it just isn't true.

Like I said, he's not the best CB in the world, but you if you wouldn't take a 32 year old FREE Vidic, then I'm not sure of your sanity! I'd take him without question. I think any team would.

Then tell me why we would want an old and injury-prone player that will only stall Bartra's development. We already got Mascherano and Puyol.

T

TataMascapenes

Come on, he's declined so much recently and gets plenty of injuries. Barça need a new CB but Vidic wouldn't be a good move even though he'd come for free.

H

Haruko The Goon

Because Vidic-Pique for 12-24 months looks a better option than Bartra-Pique in that same time span.

Vidic won't be putting in 50 game seasons, so why not share the load between the two? Bartra and Vidic can rotate, easing Vidic into games, and therefore reducing the risk of injury (which he's quite prone to nowdays) and simultaneously not expecting or heaping too much pressure on Bartras shoulders too quickly. Barca is a HUGE club, one of the top 2 or 3 in the world. they're expected to win a trophy every single season; and a big one at that.

Obviously if Bartra is ready to be the number 1 CB for Barca, then so be it. But he doesn't have the experience Vidic does, something that is overlooked now days. Having 2 is better than 1.

Ghosting

Do people want him as starter? For me he will be a good rotation. If god willing we sell Mascherano and if Puyol retires, then we will need two CBs, so buying a prospect as well as getting Vidic in for experience. He has still been Uniteds best defender. As for injuries I suppose we shall see if he picks up another one before the summer. If he does then yeah probably best not to get him.

H

Haruko The Goon

Do people want him as starter? For me he will be a good rotation. If god willing we sell Mascherano and if Puyol retires, then we will need two CBs, so buying a prospect as well as getting Vidic in for experience. He has still been Uniteds best defender. As for injuries I suppose we shall see if he picks up another one before the summer. If he does then yeah probably best not to get him.

exactly, pretty much this.

coura

Banned

Masche is a great sub for Busquets. Sell Song.

Unbiased United

You guys shouldn't be looking at Vidic. He's not the player he was, and although still useful right now, when he does (likely) leave us at the end of the season he'll be even older and slower.

Howes

Think a move to Italy is more likely, still a decent player, but he just doesn't have the pace for The Spanish League.

S7_MUFC

You guys shouldn't be looking at Vidic. He's not the player he was, and although still useful right now, when he does (likely) leave us at the end of the season he'll be even older and slower.
He's still our best defender and is amazing at defending crosses.....I'd be glad if he signs a new contract...

Home of Barca Fans