8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Porque

TBH I'm not sure what we should do with him next season. Sure, getting regular minutes at Las Palmas is very good at his age but the problem I've seen in some of their games lately is they just don't have enough talent around him who he could play with to further develop. He had a very good chemistry with Jonathan Viera in first half of the season but since he returned to China there is no other technically good enough player alongside Pedri there so it's not surprising UDLP as a team have also struggled in 2020, especially offensively (4 draws and 3 losses in 7 games with just 4 goals scored). If UDLP will be promoted to La Liga (doesn't seem likely with their current form but there are still 14 rounds left and they are just 4 points behind the last playoff promotion spot so anything is still possible) then Pedri will no doubt stay there (unless we would have a spot for him in the first team which I doubt at the moment) and hopefully they'll bring some better players around him to be able to compete in Primera.

But if they'll stay in Segunda then hopefully Barça B will be promoted so we can get him back. I think a season or two under Pimienta surrounded by better players than he currently is at Las Palmas would do him good. He could also train with the first team and be called up occasionally.

WWFD

What would Florentino do.

khaled_a_d

Hopefully Barca B avoid the mistake of promotion, and even then I doubt Barca B will be o the table for him. LP still a better team with more veterans and he has a place there. Not like Piementa has developed any first team player while he is at Barca B anyway.
He should either stay at LP or get loaned in a first division team, not necessarily a Liga one.
Actually, it will probably be better if it isn't a Liga team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Florentino would loan him to Real Sociedad if they're willing to take him and play him a lot.

khaled_a_d

Florentino would loan him to Real Sociedad if they're willing to take him and play him a lot.

The key thing to RM success that they didn't have a template for their loans.
They assessed every player differently and found them a team that they really fit in.
Only times we did that was with Halilovic & Rafinha.
For us it seems more random tbh

DonAK

The key thing to RM success that they didn't have a template for their loans.
They assessed every player differently and found them a team that they really fit in.
Only times we did that was with Halilovic & Rafinha.
For us it seems more random tbh

That's true, and in some cases we let the players decide blindly too. We need to do more loans to Dutch teams IMO. Oriol Busquets is doing very well there. He doesn't have a future at Barca, but could fetch us a pretty good fee.

JamDav1982

That's true, and in some cases we let the players decide blindly too. We need to do more loans to Dutch teams IMO. Oriol Busquets is doing very well there. He doesn't have a future at Barca, but could fetch us a pretty good fee.

Doesnt seem Busquets has been too impressive lately seems more like a couple decent games and Barca related twitters start massively overhyping.

DonAK

Doesnt seem Busquets has been too impressive lately seems more like a couple decent games and Barca related twitters start massively overhyping.

Ah well. In either case such smaller teams that have a good record of developing players better than the likes of Sevilla where we've sent players before, or teams that play a completely different obscure style of football.

Messi983

Pedri, who is on loan at Las Palmas before he'll arrive at Bar?a, has many clubs wanting him on loan for next season. Betis, Celta and Real Sociedad are some of the teams that have already asked about him, but Seti?n wants to see him closely before making a decision [md]

If Odegaard will return to RM next season Pedri could be a good replacement for him at Sociedad but Betis and Celta could be a good loan destination for him as well. I just hope whichever club he'll go to they'll use him primarily as an AMC or even better CM instead of wasting his talent on the wings.

Messi983

Pedri's interview with MD

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb.../pedri-en-casa-lo-tenemos-todo-del-barca.html

Translation via https://twitter.com/barcacentre

Pedri (on loan at Las Palmas): "On a personal level, before the coronavirus outbreak, I was feeling very comfortable. I'm really looking forward to be on the pitch again. It will depend on what the government says, but I hope it happens quickly." [md]

Pedri: "It's important to use your brain in football. If it only comes to pure power, I wouldn't have felt comfortable in Segunda A."

Pedri: "My coach Pepe Mel? It's not easy to bet on a 16-year-old boy and give him confidence in every game. I will be eternally grateful."

Pedri: "Bar?a? It's the club for which I have always wanted to sign, it has been the club of my dreams since childhood."

Pedri: "Many clubs were interested, including Madrid? When I saw Bar?a, I did not hesitate."

Pedri: "My first reference is Andr?s Iniesta. I love his football and how smart he is on the field. How he plays is art for me. And now I love Frenkie de Jong and I look at him a lot."

Pedri: "When I think about Bar?a, I smile. Posters, stickers, even quilts, plates, spoons... At home we have everything from Barcelona. It's brutal that I will be there soon."

Pedri: "Seti?n's football is what I like to play. I love the associative and positional game and the fact that Bar?a have such a coach because I think it can help me the way I play."

Pedri: "A possible loan? What has to come will come. I don't have to look at that right now. With my family and my agents, I will watch and decide."

He's really a true cule and also looks very mature for his age.

Really hope he'll make a good career at Barca but what we'll do with him over the next season or two will be crucial for his development so hopefully the club, Pedri and his entourage will make the right decision(s).

khaled_a_d

Any body watched him in 2020? He hasn't registered a goal or assist since November (14 consecutive games) and has just 3 goals and 4 assists, 6 of those are in 1st 2 months in the season.
I think we should let him stay there for another season or 2 tbh.
He is just too young and no need to rush him at all.

Home of Barca Fans